• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Matt_19710

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Remember the Wide Awake Club that was on Saturday mornings from the 80s until the early 90s? I remember that in around 1989 they had a guest who was a paranormal expert (I can't remember who it was - it definately wasn't Maurice Grosse though) who showed three ghost photos. The strange thing is that I've never seen the photos since, not even on the Internet. There was one that featured the shell of a burnt out car with a strange black shape in the driver's seat - the weird figure seemed to have eyes that glowed - the ghost expert said "there was nobody in the car at the time".

Another photo apparently showed the ghost of Richard III at Bosworth Field, although this one looked a bit suspect - the image looked like a medieval painting of Richard superimposed into the shot. The last picture was showed a ghost the expert referred to as a "tape man" who committed suicide, but I can't recall any other details.

It makes me wonder if all these pictures were fakes...

Thanks for the link. I've seen the photo many times and it's not the one that was on the Wide Awake Club - that photo showed a figure that was totally black and shapeless - like a human-sized black hump!

The photo on the True Ghost Tales website is well-known and the "glowing eyes" which used to scare me as a kid are actually a reflection of the ghost's glasses. This is a creepy picture that I beleive to be genuine, but photo researchers on Arthur C. Clarke's World of Strange Powers in the 80s tried to debunk the image. They were too sceptical and Arthur C. Clarke often tried to give a scientific explanation of mysteries.

Cheers for the link. It is interesting to read about Richard III's ghost - I wasn't aware that the ghost of a boy has also been seen. I'm certain that the photo I mentioned was a fake.

Came across this - does it ring any bells?

I remember the Wide Awake Club (with Timmy Mallet) but I don't remember anything about ghost photographs. The one of the burned out car with the black shape in sounds a bit nightmareish for WAC, I'm pretty sure my kids would still be having screaming fits about that one (they were really quite small when WAC was a thing).

I remember the Wide Awake Club (with Timmy Mallet) but I don't remember anything about ghost photographs. The one of the burned out car with the black shape in sounds a bit nightmareish for WAC, I'm pretty sure my kids would still be having screaming fits about that one (they were really quite small when WAC was a thing).
Timmy Mallet sometimes stays in a hotel in my town. He's popular here. If I see him again, I'll try to remember to ask him. He'll even join staff on their cigarette breaks so he's down to earth and won't mind being asked.

Back