• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Ghost That Followed Me Home?

linesmachine

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
I went to view a house on Wednesday afternoon as my waif and I are looking to move and there's been one in particular that we've both been drooling over on the internet. Typically It's a 15th Century thatched pile needing some TLC. My wife was working so I went on my own since we agreed I could decide quite quickly if she wouldn't like it...

...and quite quickly I decided she wouldn't like it. The garden was tiny. I however loved it yet when the estate agent wrapped it up with a "why don't you take a last look aorund on your own" I tiptoed round feeling decidedly frightened. When I left I was surprised that I didn't feel better straight away, in fact the drive home was bizarre, I made a series of really odd decisions relating to the route home and then, in the middle of the pouring rain, stopped one street away from my house and took the dog for a walk (she was in the boot during this whole debacle) and got drenched.

When I got home I started making dinner when a noise in the hall by the front door got my attention. I went to investigate, still feeling somewhat spooked, and found the plastic mac I had worn all afternoon had slipped off it's hook and landed on the floor. Nothing odd there so I hung it back up and went back to my cooking. I heard the same noise so went back thinking I needed to hang the mac back up but found my wife's cowboy hat on the floor. This whole process happened once more but this last time nothing was on the floor, so what made the noise I don't know. For some reason I got it into my head that my rain mac was the source of this activity so put it under another coat. After that everything was fine.

All in all, a very odd afternoon. The closest I can describe myself during the time was as if I had seen a scary movie and had that paranoid feeling afterwards. Anyway, just thought I would share this slighlty spooky episode with you all.

Why does your wife own a cowboy hat?

escargot1 said:
Why does your wife own a cowboy hat?

Made famous by Madonna me thinks, quite the thing for a big night out, me thinx.

mooks out

Oh right, there's no particular... significance to it then?

We used to have a pink cowboy hat. Techy looked great in it. :D

Anyway, it's an interesting story. Did you wear the coat again? Or did you feel a bit spooky about it?

Nah, I wore the coat today infact. Nothing spooky about it. On reflection I think I was just a bit spooked generally on Wednesday and my caffeine riddled mind just started going into overdrive.

Oh and it's a wicker/straw cowboy hat, she's a bit odd in her fashion sense.

There's nothing odd about a straw cowboy hat. They are eminetly practical, which is why cowbows wore them.

I grant you my white straw number with the long lace ribbons and the bluebonnets is a bit flamboyant, but, well, I am from Texas. It's allowed.

I've read similar stories by individuals who believe that they were followed home from cemeteries. (Although why any self-respecting specters would waste their time hanging around graveyards, when they have all the world as their playground, has always been beyond me.)

P. S. I wonder who might have been buried in the garden.

Hello again to everyone, haven't posted in awhile but I thought this might be relevant - kinda -

I work in a hotel (and have done now for a few years) that is reputed to be very haunted. Apparently, though I haven't been able to substantiate the claim, this hotel was named "the most haunted hotel in Britain" once.

Anyway, this hotel is supposed to include (amongst others supernatural residents) the ghosts of two children who died in the river that borders our grounds and they haunt one of the bedrooms and the corridor outsde it, and one time these two ghosts followed one of the guests that stayed in that room home, and pestered her so much that she had to call in an exorcist, who then did what exorcists do, and the ghosts suddenly reappeared back at our hotel...

Unfortunately, I have never had any direct experience of these ghosts which is a shame 'cos they sound like a laugh!!

drbates said:
Not a ghost, but one of my mates had a 'something' that tapped on his livingroom window in the late evening.

He slept over at my house one night, and, after he was gone it was obviousl that I was not alone in the house. I didn't hear or see anything, but there was a definite feeling of presence.

Nothing tapped on his window after that, and the 'presence' in my house went after a few days.

I've seen birds tapping on my windows occasionally, it might have been one of those little guys.

Birds tend to tap during the daytime, when they are either challenging the reflected bird or reminding those inside that they haven't filled the birdfeeder yet.

PeniG said:
Birds tend to tap during the daytime, when they are either challenging the reflected bird or reminding those inside that they haven't filled the birdfeeder yet.

There are birds around at night, though, blackbirds for example. They like a good tap.

drbates said:
He said it was about the same time every night...I went through the obvious stuff with him. Besides, Id have noticed if he's insinuated a blackbird in my house ;)

Might it just have been the house cooling down then? The tapping, not the phantom blackbird secreting itself around your home!

We used to have racoons 'tap' (read: hammer loudly) on the window if we forgot to put out the old bread and fruit in the back garden. Sometimes they would come into the house a 'leave a palpable presence'!

Interesting story about the stuff falling off of the coat hanger.

I quite honestly have a similiar happening I'll share. My wife and I moved into our first apartment, it was a very old house that had been redone into apartments. There was 4 floors, a basement for storage and laundry, mid floor with 2 apartments, second floor with 2 apartments and ours at the top. The other side of the house was an exact replica, apartments and all.

A friend of ours had lived in the side of the house we were moving into and when confirming we were going to be living into the same building that he had once lived he immediately warned to not be on the side we were living, especially in apartment 9, as he lasted a few months before needing to move out because of all the weird stuff happening there. I have had weird stuff happen to me so I thought nothing of it.

We meet the landlords and pay our first and last, end up spending some time chatting with them. Recently on the first floor a guy was convicted for robbery and assult, as well as the landlords husband had come after her with a baseball bat threatening to kill her! I started to picture I'm moving into the Amityville house and perpared to go to the local spiritual store to buy some things I consider helpful in a situation like this.

We had spent 2 days cleaning the place real well before moving all our stuff into the home. It seemed nice enough aside from the massive amount of stairs having to be climbed, moving beds and couches and stuff. Then it was off to the dollar store to purchase some odds and ends for the kitchen. We found this one stick on the wall towel holder in stainless steel we fancied for the drying towel and hung it in the kitchen. I had a couple towels tucked into it. It was 1 hole with rubber filling the inside of the hole, it was spliced into triangles so you could jam the towel into the hole and the plastic would hold it in place.

The first week my cat was in the house he would always go to sleep under the bed. One night while we were watching tv I could swear I was being watched, but when the cat looked into the hallway and back at me with ears pitted back and eyes wide like it was seeing something and couldn't believe I couldn't see the same thing I kind of got a little spooked.

I did a sage and sweet grass cleansing of the home while everyone was out of it asking for positive energy and no negativity. The following next couple nights the towel, everytime I would go into the kitchen would be on the ground. My wife could have left it but every time I would say to start putting this back where she got them she would swear it wasn't her. I started the jam the towel in as far as I could and tieing a knott on the back side ( around and through once ) to keep it from coming lose and thats when the whole part holding the towel starting coming down.

One night it came down 3 times all within a few minutes of me going and putting it back up. The next day I took a couple screws and fastened it to the wall to ensure it wasn't the tape unsticking. It stopped coming down but the towel still did for another couple days before stopping completely.

Another random happening in the apartment came from when I was finishing doing the dishes and started drying and putting them back in place. I had a giant vase that I would put all the wooden spoons and what nots too big for the drawer, my wife started talking to me so I went into the hallway to talk to her, the next thing I know from the corner of my eye I could see a spachala come out of the vase it was shoved down into and flew at me ( 3 feet ) to land infront of me, wifey wondering what the hell just happened.

Another time we were laying in bed watching movies and heard what sounded to me like the cross between a jet engine revving up and tv static, it started really quiet and got really loud in the span of 30 seconds. Wondering what this was we rewind the movie only to find it wasn't heard in the playback! Dumbfounded I gave up trying to rationalize it and chalked it up to a neighbour having the tv on a bad channel, fell asleep rolled over onto his remote and turned the sound all the way then woke themself up, turned it back down again....

Last thing I can remember experiencing before moving out wasn't my experience at all but my wifes, she and I on occasion will listen to self guided meditation cd's that bring you into good time meditations probably through hypnosis, this one we were doing was to help you in time try to discover your past lives, anyway after about 30 minutes of listening, she screamed rolled over and brought her feet right up from hanging off the bed and whispered to me that someone just touched her feet. After questioning her on it she said that it felt like someones chins pressed up against the bottom of her feet making it feel like her feet were resting on someones thighs as they brush up against the bed.

One weird place thats for sure :D

Hi, new person here. I think I understand how this sort of thing feels - I've been to places that have felt 'not right' for some reason and the rest of the day has continued to feel 'not right'. Something kind of similar happened when I went for a walk which took me over a footbridge which goes over a railway in Grove, Oxfordshire. Apparently there's been a couple of suicides off of this bridge and crossing it, I felt sad and a little creeped out. All the way home and for the remainder of the day something felt 'wrong', but I do not know what exactly. All in the mind, I'm sure, for I knew about the suicides before I walked over the bridge, but the feeling lasted a good few hours.

We have a thread called 'Places That Don't Feel Right' or something. Places creep people out - had that experience myself. :D

(Although why any self-respecting specters would waste their time hanging around graveyards, when they have all the world as their playground, has always been beyond me.)
QUOTE]

This completely. You wouldnt believe how many 'paranormal forums/pages' I have been kicked from because I hold this belief and because I wont conform to their ideas of our dearly departed forever haunting their graves I get banned!

Nobody here cares what beliefs anyone else holds, unless someone starts calling people stupid or aggressively trying to convince us that there's no such thing as ghosts, durr!

Last edited:
Back