• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Ghosts Could Be Sign Universe Is Simulated

eburacum

Papo-furado
Computer Scientist: Ghosts Could Be Sign Universe Is Simulated

https://futurism.com/the-byte/ghost...D7xtLBzH0e5FlIceN9IWq2TchWryHDj5iH3mumfgA6nr0
To figure out whether or not we’re in a simulation, Guinn suggests looking for bugs.
“Glitches in the system. Deja Vu, such as in the Matrix movie when a character sees a cat crossing a doorway repeatedly, may be one glitch,” Guinn said. “Ghosts, ESP, coincidences may be others. The laws of physics in our universe seem peculiarly designed with a set of constants that make carbon-based life possible. Where are the edges?”
It's crazy enough to be true.

I may have said this on the forum before (sorry if I have, not really thinking straight at the moment) but I think the universe being a simulation would be 'one explanation' for mandela effects... e.g. Berenstein Bears changing to Berenstain.

Imagine if there is a "global variable" or "constant" somewhere in the program of the universe, (computer programmers will know what I mean...) - lets say that variable is called @bBears and was originally given a value of "Berenstein Bears". So all books, telly programmes etc, about this story, which use this variable, would have that spelling.

All that would be needed in a simulation would be for the "programmer" to change the value of the variable to "Berenstain Bears", et voila... all occurrences of @bBears throughout the universe would instantly change to the new spelling.

And how do we determine if we are the simulation?

What's so difficult about bBearsbelieving it's our berenbrains that are imperfect translators of sensorystain stimul@tion?

I may have said this on the forum before (sorry if I have, not really thinking straight at the moment) but I think the universe being a simulation would be 'one explanation' for mandela effects... e.g. Berenstein Bears changing to Berenstain.

Imagine if there is a "global variable" or "constant" somewhere in the program of the universe, (computer programmers will know what I mean...) - lets say that variable is called @bBears and was originally given a value of "Berenstein Bears". So all books, telly programmes etc, about this story, which use this variable, would have that spelling.

All that would be needed in a simulation would be for the "programmer" to change the value of the variable to "Berenstain Bears", et voila... all occurrences of @bBears throughout the universe would instantly change to the new spelling.

Maybe there is something like

If B$='BerensteinBears' goto Universe A else Universe B

@bBears would be in use in Universe B

Max Tegmark would be happy with that.

Back