Ghosts Could Be Sign Universe Is Simulated

eburacum

Papo-furado
Computer Scientist: Ghosts Could Be Sign Universe Is Simulated

https://futurism.com/the-byte/ghost...D7xtLBzH0e5FlIceN9IWq2TchWryHDj5iH3mumfgA6nr0
To figure out whether or not we’re in a simulation, Guinn suggests looking for bugs.
“Glitches in the system. Deja Vu, such as in the Matrix movie when a character sees a cat crossing a doorway repeatedly, may be one glitch,” Guinn said. “Ghosts, ESP, coincidences may be others. The laws of physics in our universe seem peculiarly designed with a set of constants that make carbon-based life possible. Where are the edges?”
It's crazy enough to be true.

Schrodinger's Zebra

My joints go out more than I do
I may have said this on the forum before (sorry if I have, not really thinking straight at the moment) but I think the universe being a simulation would be 'one explanation' for mandela effects... e.g. Berenstein Bears changing to Berenstain.

Imagine if there is a "global variable" or "constant" somewhere in the program of the universe, (computer programmers will know what I mean...) - lets say that variable is called @bBears and was originally given a value of "Berenstein Bears". So all books, telly programmes etc, about this story, which use this variable, would have that spelling.

All that would be needed in a simulation would be for the "programmer" to change the value of the variable to "Berenstain Bears", et voila... all occurrences of @bBears throughout the universe would instantly change to the new spelling.

INT21

Antediluvian
I may have said this on the forum before (sorry if I have, not really thinking straight at the moment) but I think the universe being a simulation would be 'one explanation' for mandela effects... e.g. Berenstein Bears changing to Berenstain.

Imagine if there is a "global variable" or "constant" somewhere in the program of the universe, (computer programmers will know what I mean...) - lets say that variable is called @bBears and was originally given a value of "Berenstein Bears". So all books, telly programmes etc, about this story, which use this variable, would have that spelling.

All that would be needed in a simulation would be for the "programmer" to change the value of the variable to "Berenstain Bears", et voila... all occurrences of @bBears throughout the universe would instantly change to the new spelling.
Maybe there is something like

If B$='BerensteinBears' goto Universe A else Universe B

@bBears would be in use in Universe B

Max Tegmark would be happy with that.