• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Ghosts & Entities Moving In A Jerky / Disjointed / Clumsy Manner

When we pedal up behind them I call out 'Two bikes approaching! Are we OK to pass?' and they reply and grip the reins tighter or say 'Good horsey!' or whatever you do to reassure Neddy before the scary metal ponies roll up.

I used to ride from a place that did staff accompanied rides - you could pay less for your own self-piloted sessions if you did a few additional competent adult rides.

There was one quite small pony that was mild, sleepy and very well-behaved. If the rider fell off he would stand next to the sobbing heap and nuzzle them with interest until human back-up arrived. Very popular with horse-crazed children and teens.

Except... that he was fascinated by push-bikes. Ears would go forward, step would lengthen and all instructions from the rider would be ignored until a known Voice of Command stepped in and snapped him out of it.

There were various theories but I kept mine to myself. I wasn't there when I was proved right, alas! Actually me rolling about in hysterics might not have helped. Fair buckled the rear wheel of the bike he did!

:rollingw:

Back