• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Ghosts Of The Glasgow Subway

Will post with further information when (if) located.

Yes please Cochise! this is my current favourite thread :)

Happens frequently on Byers Road. They're probably employed by head-hunters from VisitScotland.

sorry about that, I must have escaped from the handlers ;)

However, that isn't the book I was thinking of because I regard it as mostly tosh , the other reference was thinking of was in a generally serious work by Hamilton Ellis. Will post with further information when (if) located.

*polite cough*

Good idea. There may be a slight delay as England v Australia on today.

You don't need Ken Morse and his rostrum camera, just a snap will do. If the photo is too big and you're not sure how to ensmallen it, you can send it via pm on Facebook or in a WhatsApp post, and then save it from the pm or app and it will fit then.

the photo is too big and you're not sure how to ensmallen it, you can send it via pm on Facebook or in a WhatsApp post,
At last: a morally-neutral way of using social media to obtain a reductionist perspective upon on the world!

It's a real term!
Only insofar as any neologism can be said to real- that, for me, is the most cromulent aspect of this

'Cromulent' is a very-useful type of codeword to use at fomal business meetings. People who nod sagely and haven't understood (or heard) a single damn word you've been saying for the last 2mins may be safely-sidelined for the balance of that session.

Those who do detect the glitch in the work:time continuum, but don't 'get' it (so- their ears twitch, but you can tell that the eye-dials don't line-up) should continue be included, but relegated.

And any present who DO recognise&react to the reference deserve proportionately-more inputtery into the procedings (or, are good bluffers....initially, that is, at least 'til rumbled) and almost-invariably the meeting starts to improve, and become actually productive.

I'm getting older and more-outdated by the day (ain't we all) but I was shocked to discover that when I was involved in the tail-end of a protracted techno office difference of opinion, there was only ONE other person in the room that could recognise or speak Python....once I'm ready for recycling (which may be anytime soon, who knows?) who'll take my place with the flawed humour and snapped soundbites?
(...is this a 5 minute argument??)

Mr. Pronoun: Never mind that, my lad. I wish to complain about this deceased sketch what I purchased not half an hour ago from this very boutique.

Loner: Oh yes, the, uh, the Dead Parrot Sketch...What's,uh...What's wrong with it?

Mr. Pronoun: I'll tell you what's wrong with it, my lad. 'E's nearly dead, that's what's wrong with it!

Loner: No, no, 'e's uh,...he's resting.

Mr. Pronoun: Look, matey, I know a nearly-dead, Dead Parrot Sketch when I see one, and I'm looking at one right now.

Loner: No no he's not dead, he's, he's restin'! Remarkable sketch, the Dead Parrot, isn't, eh? Beautiful language!

Mr. Pronoun: The language don't enter into it. It's nearly stone dead, as an iconic cultural motif.

Loner: Nononono, no, no! 'E's resting!

Back