• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Ghosts (Sitcom)

That’s what I meant the boundaries of Button House’s land.
Then that's probably how it works for Robin. It was his land and someone just built a house on it.

In one episode (the one where we find out about his death?) one of the final shots is of the countryside with a small stone circle over which Button house slowly fades in.

:(
IMG_0324.jpeg

AFTER FIVE INCREDIBLE YEARS HAUNTING THE HALLS OF BUTTON HOUSE, WE HAVE DECIDED THAT THE TIME IS RIGHT TO LET OUR BELOVED SITCOM 'GHOSTS' rEST IN PEACE. WE HAVE JUST WRAPPED FILMING ON OUR FIFTH AND FINAL SERIES AND CAN'T WAIT TO SHARE IT WITH YOU ALL LATER THIS YEAR.

WE COULD NEVER HAVE IMAGINED THE RECEPTION THE SHOW HAS ENJOYED, OR THE FUN WE HAVE HAD MAKING IT, AND WE WOULD LIKE TO THANK OUR AMAZING CAST AND CREW AS WELL AS EVERYONE AT BBC COMEDY, BBC1 AND MONUMENTAL TELEVISION FOR THEIR TIRELESS SUPPORT.

BUT MOST OF ALL WE'D LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE WHO WATCHES.

MAT, SIMON, MARTHA, JIM, LAURENCE & BEN

I'm glad they are doing this. Otherwise the temptation to dilute what makes the series so great, would be immense (bringing in 'new' ghosts/having 'ghost of the week' or increasingly sensational stories to try to keep the interest up). After all, once we've explored the origin stories of all of the ghosts, where else is there to go other than having 'wacky' storylines in which non ghost seers come to the hotel and encounter the ghosts and Alison either behaving bizarrely or having to explain away the ghostly happenings?

Much more sensible to stop before quality drops and leave us being able to endlessly binge watch all the series over a weekend. Er. Not that I'd do that. No.

Although, I suppose, should there ever be sufficient interest and inclination, they could always do another series based somewhere else, with different ghosts and a different background story.

Although, I suppose, should there ever be sufficient interest and inclination, they could always do another series based somewhere else, with different ghosts and a different background story.
Or fast-forward to the 22nd century, when Alison and Mike may well be haunting the place and interacting with Button House's future owners?

I've started watching The Ghosts of Motley Hall on YouTube - it's stood the test of time surprisingly well. I remembered it as being somewhat 'obvious' and simplistic, but it's heartwarming and still funny.

And then it would be a completely ddiffrent show then ;)

I've started watching The Ghosts of Motley Hall on YouTube - it's stood the test of time surprisingly well. I remembered it as being somewhat 'obvious' and simplistic, but it's heartwarming and still funny.
I just finished it and never knew about considering I was born in 1971 but what a lovely show I found and got pretty attached to it.
It's werid watching think well most of them are dead in real life even the young lad Matt who played by Sean Flanagan who died in 1981 :(

I just finished it and never knew about considering I was born in 1971 but what a lovely show I found and got pretty attached to it.
It's werid watching think well most of them are dead in real life even the young lad Matt who played by Sean Flanagan who died in 1981 :(
I think it might only be Nicholas le Prevost who is still standing. I loved the rather dense, foppish Fanny most of all. GOMH was an excellent precursor to Ghosts, just as funny and full of heart.

I think the format would work internationally.* It's a great way of commenting on a country's/culture's history, how it relates to today, exploring the country's understanding of it's values and how it sees itself.

*unless it's a culture that doesn't have a belief in ghosts

How did you find it? After reading what others had said on here, I was pleasantly surprised. Sure it's not the same as the UK version, but I enjoyed it. :)
Yeah we really liked it, it’s good because it’s different. I watched the last episode without realising it was the last which was disappointing. Like not realising you’ve taken the last crisp from a packet.

Only seen a couple of episodes of Ghosts but will remedy that - I know Max mentioned Button House being West Horsley Place but nobody told me it was owned by Bamber Gascoigne (RIP) after inherited it in 2014 from grand-aunt Mary Innes-Ker, Duchess of Roxburghe.
University Challenge was essential viewing long before I could understand the questions.

https://metro.co.uk/2022/02/08/bamb...e-10m-estate-where-ghosts-is-filmed-16069609/

Back