Ghosts (Sitcom)

Min Bannister

Possessed dog
Reaction score
Robin? Extreme old age perhaps? (30) :thought: Maybe you got killed when you got to that age so as not to slow the tribe down.

catseye

Old lady trouser-smell
Reaction score
I am so late to this party, but yesterday, during an especially boring afternoon I started watching. Now, I tried before and could not get on with it (not sure why). This time round I binged the whole of series One in one afternoon. And I LOVED it!

It's Series Two today. Must just not have been in the right head space last time round.

Maybe I'll give Detectorists another go too....

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Reaction score
I am so late to this party, but yesterday, during an especially boring afternoon I started watching. Now, I tried before and could not get on with it (not sure why). This time round I binged the whole of series One in one afternoon. And I LOVED it!

It's Series Two today. Must just not have been in the right head space last time round.

Maybe I'll give Detectorists another go too....
Ooh you just reminded me - I meant to post about this, I picked-up a copy the other day:

1612709490620.png

https://temporalboundary.bigcartel.com/product/waiting-for-you-a-detectorists-zine-issue-1

catseye

Old lady trouser-smell
Reaction score
I agree that the Christmas episode was not necessarily the funniest. But it was rather sweet.

But does anyone else find themselves in a state of mild financial panic whilst watching? I know it's all just done in humour, but having lived the last 25 years in a huge house that was falling down around me and that I couldn't afford to heat, repair or do anything to, I find the constant juggling of repairs and breakages in 'Ghosts' slightly triggering. And I keep wondering how the hell they are even affording the Council Tax, let along the electricity and water bills...