• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Ghosts (Sitcom)

Evening all watched it the other night.
Very good especially about the photos of lady button :clap: all those ghost photos on the internet must be real ha ha
Wonder where the actual house is quite a nice building

Apparently, they thought it wise to tone down the plague theme, during the current ermm... plague!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tv/12728453/ghosts-bbc-plague-scene-axed-coronavirus-pandemic/

Also, in episode 4 (Thomas Thorne's flashback to his death in 1821), as they ride up to the house, you can clearly see electrical cable on the wall.
I'm afraid I just couldn't suspend my disbelief after that!

ghosts1.JPG

Apparently, they thought it wise to tone down the plague theme, during the current ermm... plague!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tv/12728453/ghosts-bbc-plague-scene-axed-coronavirus-pandemic/

Also, in episode 4 (Thomas Thorne's flashback to his death in 1821), as they ride up to the house, you can clearly see electrical cable on the wall.
I'm afraid I just couldn't suspend my disbelief after that!

View attachment 30026
Maybe they were VERY forward thinking for the 1820s.

I wonder if they deliberately avoided a Victorian ghost. Although as we learnt in that episode there have been other ghosts.

We’ve only got two more episodes to go. I wish they had put it on weekly as it is rather too tempting to watch them all and then you’ve finished. Although interestingly the IMDB has got a Christmas episode listed.

Maybe they were VERY forward thinking for the 1820s.

I wonder if they deliberately avoided a Victorian ghost. Although as we learnt in that episode there have been other ghosts.

We’ve only got two more episodes to go. I wish they had put it on weekly as it is rather too tempting to watch them all and then you’ve finished. Although interestingly the IMDB has got a Christmas episode listed.
I’m being good and rationing myself.

The charming Lolly Adefope was on The Graham Norton Show last night, and she chatted about playing Kitty. Mr Norton mentioned Ghosts has been the most popular new comedy series of the past year, which is good, isn't it?

The charming Lolly Adefope was on The Graham Norton Show last night, and she chatted about playing Kitty. Mr Norton mentioned Ghosts has been the most popular new comedy series of the past year, which is good, isn't it?

I like Kitty I want to know her backstory.

I've always thought Kitty died playing hide and seek, she accidentally got locked in somewhere people forgot about her.

This seemed to be hinted at when she said something about her sister saying she was good at hiding.

We still don't know how the captain died, or have I missed that?

I've always thought Kitty died playing hide and seek, she accidentally got locked in somewhere people forgot about her.

This seemed to be hinted at when she said something about her sister saying she was good at hiding.

I did wonder if that was the case, but I’m not sure.

Me too, because he must have been in Button House and not out in the war zones.

I reckon he'll get news that his love interest has been killed in action... at the same time he finally gets his service revolver.

On the IMDB trivia section it says

Simon Farnaby's character is based upon the former conservative MP Stephen Milligan, who died of autoerotic asphyxiation in 1994.

which is a bit dark, I think.

I liked the girl phantom hitchhiker bit and I thought that in the burglary episode, Pat said something and the police officer answered him but I could be wrong. Overall, I think I got the most laughs from Robin the caveman this series.

Simon Farnaby's character is based upon the former conservative MP Stephen Milligan, who died of autoerotic asphyxiation in 1994.

Some conspiracy theorists believe Milligan was murdered to stop him making disclosures embarrassing to the wrong (ie powerful and dangerous) people.

From Wiki -
Milligan's corpse was found naked except for a pair of stockings and suspenders, with an electrical flex tied around his neck, a black bin liner over his head and an orange in his mouth.

An orange? You use a lemon or lime, not an orange. It's to bite down on when you start losing consciousness to shock into waking up.
An orange wouldn't work. It was there as a deliberate mistake to serve as a warning to others. So the story goes.

Anyway, Simon is rather overdressed for the role of Milligan.

Lolly is wonderful, isn't she! We loved her in Miracle Workers too.

Some conspiracy theorists believe Milligan was murdered to stop him making disclosures embarrassing to the wrong (ie powerful and dangerous) people.

From Wiki -
Milligan's corpse was found naked except for a pair of stockings and suspenders, with an electrical flex tied around his neck, a black bin liner over his head and an orange in his mouth.

An orange? You use a lemon or lime, not an orange. It's to bite down on when you start losing consciousness to shock into waking up.
An orange wouldn't work. It was there as a deliberate mistake to serve as a warning to others. So the story goes.

Anyway, Simon is rather overdressed for the role of Milligan.
Then perhaps that’s why Milligan died? He got it wrong and used an orange instead of a lemon?

And from some of the comments from the cast I gather Simon F would be more than happy to go for the underdressed appearance. Not suggesting the stockings and suspenders just he seems overly keen to write parts where he has to get his kit off...

I reckon he'll get news that his love interest has been killed in action... at the same time he finally gets his service revolver.

On the IMDB trivia section it says

I liked the girl phantom hitchhiker bit and I thought that in the burglary episode, Pat said something and the police officer answered him but I could be wrong. Overall, I think I got the most laughs from Robin the caveman this series.

I wondered in the wedding episode, with all those people if anyone would see the ghosts.

I thought Pat might get 'sucked off' :D after he came to terms with his death and forgave his killer. But they've got a series three listed for next year and it wouldn't be the same without him.

I thought Pat might get 'sucked off' :D after he came to terms with his death and forgave his killer. But they've got a series three listed for next year and it wouldn't be the same without him.
Maybe that’s a get out if any of them want to leave.

Then perhaps that’s why Milligan died? He got it wrong and used an orange instead of a lemon?

Nah, back then you learned that sort of thing from other people. No internet to search.
He'd know the purpose of the fruit in the the mouth because he'd have had it explained to him. The self-asphyxiation set-up isn't generally something people think up for themselves.

So the story goes. I don't believe it or any other conspiracy theory and I certainly don't want to end up in the boot of a burning car.

I should really be using spoilerizers

When the ghosts are trying to wake Mike up during the burglary, something happens that's a lot like a poltergeist. Something invisible crashes through the room, knocking a lamp over. What was that, or did I miss something?

I should really be using spoilerizers

When the ghosts are trying to wake Mike up during the burglary, something happens that's a lot like a poltergeist. Something invisible crashes through the room, knocking a lamp over. What was that, or did I miss something?
It was a domino effect.

having spotted this thread n culture I watched all of series 1- loved it, just the sort of of light hearted wit and cleverness I needed to cheer me up. Reminded me of Motley Hall.

Loved all the characters, particularly the plague victims and Robin.

Will tackle the next few episodes next week,

"particularly the plague victims and Robin. "

Robin stole the show for me. Turning him into a conspiracy nut was truly inspired!

I’ve just watched the first episode of series two again. If they knew about ghost hunting they wouldn’t have panicked because we all know ghosts go to ground when people come to investigate. :ghunt:

Back