• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Ghosts (Sitcom)

Robin? Extreme old age perhaps? (30) :thought: Maybe you got killed when you got to that age so as not to slow the tribe down.

I am so late to this party, but yesterday, during an especially boring afternoon I started watching. Now, I tried before and could not get on with it (not sure why). This time round I binged the whole of series One in one afternoon. And I LOVED it!

It's Series Two today. Must just not have been in the right head space last time round.

Maybe I'll give Detectorists another go too....

I am so late to this party, but yesterday, during an especially boring afternoon I started watching. Now, I tried before and could not get on with it (not sure why). This time round I binged the whole of series One in one afternoon. And I LOVED it!

It's Series Two today. Must just not have been in the right head space last time round.

Maybe I'll give Detectorists another go too....

Ooh you just reminded me - I meant to post about this, I picked-up a copy the other day:

1612709490620.png

https://temporalboundary.bigcartel.com/product/waiting-for-you-a-detectorists-zine-issue-1

I agree that the Christmas episode was not necessarily the funniest. But it was rather sweet.

But does anyone else find themselves in a state of mild financial panic whilst watching? I know it's all just done in humour, but having lived the last 25 years in a huge house that was falling down around me and that I couldn't afford to heat, repair or do anything to, I find the constant juggling of repairs and breakages in 'Ghosts' slightly triggering. And I keep wondering how the hell they are even affording the Council Tax, let along the electricity and water bills...

A version of this show has been aimed for US audiences.

It's weird to see the same actions/characters/scenes in a different context. I don't know; it could work. I'll watch and see.

OTOH, a show like Wellington Paranormal was brought to US audiences as is because the city and the NZ culture is an integral part of the show. Highly recommended.

A version of this show has been aimed for US audiences.

It's weird to see the same actions/characters/scenes in a different context. I don't know; it could work. I'll watch and see.

OTOH, a show like Wellington Paranormal was brought to US audiences as is because the city and the NZ culture is an integral part of the show. Highly recommended.
Have they shown the original in the states? This seems to have 10% of the charm.

3rd season starts tomorrow BBC One from Monday, August 9, 2021.
Looking forward to it but would loved to have it in October.
It’s coming out earlier than planned because they didn’t have time to make a proper advert. I can’t wait to for it. Also they’re all going to be on iPlayer after the first one airs.

Ah, took a wee while to warm up, but once it got up to speed it was great. So nice to have it back. I won't be bingeing it on iPlayer, so it'll be a lovely double bill of Only Connect and Ghosts on Monday evenings for me for the next few weeks.

It’s coming out earlier than planned because they didn’t have time to make a proper advert. I can’t wait to for it. Also they’re all going to be on iPlayer after the first one airs.
That will explain why this has just appeared when I went on to iplayer. Since you discerning lot seem to like I, I guess I'll watch it. But if it's anything like Rentaghost, I'm switching off.

I binged the first season of Wellington Paranormal last week. Marvellous! The advantage it has in translating to the States, I suppose, is that it exists in a continuity with the equally excellent What We Do In The Shadows, which includes a movie in Wellington and a series in New York. It's a great time to be into weird stuff.

The first few series were excellent, by the end it was a bit poor, but prior to that.
I think I remember the later episodes more.

As for Ghosts, it's 4.15 in the morning and I've just finished the second series. It's very amusing. And, at times, clever.

I reckon there's still one good season in it. I don't think I'd want to see more than that. Which characters' stories remain untold?
We still don’t know how Robyn, Kitty and the Captain died. The Captain is the biggest mystery because he must have died at Button House but there is no clue on him how he died. I think there are hints to how Kitty died in series 3 but we don’t know for sure.

Also we don’t know why Mary was burnt.

Last edited:
Back