• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Ghosts (Sitcom)

Anyone else worried he’s not got trousers on? :rollingw:

He kept his trousers on when he was footman to The Queen when she had tea with Paddington:

footman.png

I am actually enjoying the US version. I think the different characters help in making it different from the UK one.

I've now seen the first three episodes of the new series (UK, not US). Am enjoying it as much as ever, although Mary seems rather less engaged and Kitty a little more forceful than I'm used to. But all in all, great stuff.

Hmm. Not really enjoying the Christmas special. Just a lot of men running around in a field.:mad:
If it's mostly about Fanny, that's last year's. Which I must watch again, I remember watching at Christmas last year and being a little underwhelmed, but I often do badly with characters who don't behave like the characters I know.

If it's mostly about Fanny, that's last year's. Which I must watch again, I remember watching at Christmas last year and being a little underwhelmed, but I often do badly with characters who don't behave like the characters I know.
Min is commenting on the fact that last year's Ghosts Christmas special was supposed to be shown last night but instead they put some old football match on.

Min is commenting on the fact that last year's Ghosts Christmas special was supposed to be shown last night but instead they put some old football match on.
I apologise, since I haven't seen any terrestrial TV (or listings) since the business with the Bransdale transmitter (which reminds me, I must poke them yet again because I STILL don't have a TV signal and it's been over a year - I never thought I'd say this, but thank heavens for Netflix...)

I apologise, since I haven't seen any terrestrial TV (or listings) since the business with the Bransdale transmitter (which reminds me, I must poke them yet again because I STILL don't have a TV signal and it's been over a year - I never thought I'd say this, but thank heavens for Netflix...)
No need to apologise :). Unless you were responsible for the football being on?

As well as Netflix you should get iplayer, and the others so you should be able to watch terrestrial TV via your computer?

No need to apologise :). Unless you were responsible for the football being on?

As well as Netflix you should get iplayer, and the others so you should be able to watch terrestrial TV via your computer?
If I were responsible for the football being on, then it wouldn't be...

I do have iPlayer, and Amazon Prime etc etc, but it's still a wee bit annoying...

Loved the episode.:D

I've always watched it by myself, but my husband (who is about as 'non fortean' as you can get) watched the xmas special with me, and I think I've converted him! :cheer:

I'm determined to get more folks watching Ghosts and Resident Alien. I always stress that you don't have to be into the paranormal/sci-fi to enjoy them, and in all honesty I don't think it's those aspects which make them good anyway.

I've caught up now! No work today, so I have spent it in front of the fire and TV, watching 'Ghosts'. I thought the first half of the new series felt somewhat stilted - I couldn't even describe how, and it's probably more down to me than the series (after all, they aren't even usually filmed in order, so it's unlikely to be the cast/scripts) and that Mary seemed a little out of character this time round. But I loved Maddox, and all the episodes from about 4 onwards felt like the 'Ghosts' I know and love.

And the Christmas episode was wonderful. The Captain does make a good Fairy Godmother!

I'd guess that our usual cast will remain, if there's another series in the works, otherwise there wouldn't be sufficient characters to work with. But I think one more should be our lot. I'd hate it to be stretched out artificially, just for the sake of it.

All the other Christmas specials have been good, but in a poignant way rather then a funny way, i thought this years was perfect, a bit poignant and belly laughs from start to finish, and what a flawless performance from kitty!

I also thought pat was going to be sucked off and was glad when he wasn't, is that selfish?

All the other Christmas specials have been good, but in a poignant way rather then a funny way, i thought this years was perfect, a bit poignant and belly laughs from start to finish, and what a flawless performance from kitty!

I also thought pat was going to be sucked off and was glad when he wasn't, is that selfish?
After the emotional impact of the previous sucking off, I think they may well wait until the end of the entire series before anyone else gets sucked off. Maybe everyone at once?

It would dilute the impact of the previous one too much to have it happen again too quickly.

Wasn’t there a couple of WWII German ghostly airmen, suspended in midair, seen in one of the episodes? I know that they bombed our chippies and everything, but what do those poor buggers have to do to get “sucked off”? It wouldn’t be so bad if they had the freedom of the skies to perpetually mooch around in but they appeared to be stuck in one spot….sat next to each other, for 80 ish years and counting……

Wasn’t there a couple of WWII German ghostly airmen, suspended in midair, seen in one of the episodes? I know that they bombed our chippies and everything, but what do those poor buggers have to do to get “sucked off”? It wouldn’t be so bad if they had the freedom of the skies to perpetually mooch around in but they appeared to be stuck in one spot….sat next to each other, for 80 ish years and counting……
Well our ghosts are stuck in the confines of Button house, although how that works for Robin who was there before the house I don’t know. Then surely the airman should have the whole sky as there are no boundaries. But maybe it’s just too vast and there’s still not much to do up there.

I don’t think that I’d relish being suspended in mid air, potentially forever, even if it was next to my all time best buddy….you’d soon get fed up with them. The fate of those 2 luftwaffe spooks doesn’t bear thinking about!

Well our ghosts are stuck in the confines of Button house, although how that works for Robin who was there before the house I don’t know. Then surely the airman should have the whole sky as there are no boundaries. But maybe it’s just too vast and there’s still not much to do up there.
They can go outside though. So they must be stuck to the estate, rather than the house.

Back