• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Giant Footprints: Kerala (India); A 17 Foot Tall Homo Sapiens?

KeyserXSoze

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Source
‘Big Foot' walked across Kerala 30,000 years ago!
By Jehovah G, Palakkad (Kerala): Giant footprints found at Karalmanna, a hilly village in Kerala's Palakkad District, are now being projected by anthropologists as belonging to homo sapiens that lived in the area about 30, 000 years ago.

According to the team of anthropologists headed by Krishna Swamy the footprints which are two feet six inches in length, belonged to a giant human being weighing about 400 kilograms and having a height of about 17 feet.

“There are footprints on the rock, both small and big. All these footprints are in the shape of human feet but bigger in size,” said Chandran, an awed local resident.

Krishna Swamy,says the height of the cave in which the giant creature lived was 50 meters, and the creature must have used it to harbour animals that it killed for survival.

“The big footprints are similar to the footprints found in Australia and Texas in the United States. It is believed to be of a giant of 8 to 9 feet tall and around 360 kilograms in weight. we have found a particular site where there was a huge footprint of 2.6 feet in length. According to the length it is believed to be of around 400 kilograms in weight and 17 feet in height. The particular big footed creature about which we are speaking had arranged a set up inside the rock shelter to watch the movements of other animals. It must be a carnivorous, no doubt,” Swamy said.

According to the evidence available, the creature must have lived around 30,000 years ago. “We have found water, a river and valleys around the cave. According tothe evidence it must have lived around 30, 000 years ago,” Krishna Swamy added.

The site is believed to have many items of geological and anthropological importance.

Perhaps that cave setup they mention. Or the toes of the footprints didn't seem monkey-like.

All sounds highly implausible to me...

How tall was Gigantopithecus? About 10ft?

I don't buy a 17ft humanoid I'm afraid.

I do kind of wonder about that thing with volume versus surface that means you can't normally just scale things up. Would a humanoid form perhaps need to be very different to have structural integrity at that size?

If it was a 17ft humanoid roughtly the same as us it would not be able to sustain its own weight and biology but would collapse unter it's own bodyweight. Unless it had a completely different and much more massive bone structure or something I guess.

There have always been stories of Giants/Titans/Nephilim etc. These could be based on fact but I know a scaled up human woudl just not work.

It might work if it moved around on all fours.

sounds to me like a 'normal'* footprint made bigger as the edges subsided in the wet and unstable mud....

*from a more easily imagined homo source

This 2005 / 2006 item from CryptoZooNews:

http://www.cryptozoonews.com/questions-ab-tracks/

... was finally updated with this comment:

As we speculated, this has turned out to be a story about some thing that belongs more in the realm of archaeological, or perhaps even geology. The one photo we have seen shows a find that is of a footprint-like depression in a rock.

Here's a photograph of the footprint (singular) from January 2006.

king-kong-big-foot-india.jpg

SOURCE: https://theos.in/tag/footprint/

In contrast to the account quoted in post #1, this Times of India article (to which the theos.in blog page cited above links ... ):

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/King-Kong-in-Kerala/articleshow/1365170.cms?

... reports:

- the group who discovered this footprint are described as 'amateur anthropologists', and
- the 'Krishna Swamy' quoted above is described as "... S R Krishnaswamy, the man who led the team to Palakkad."

Back