• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
"He kept coming towards me and was touching his groin, grunting and breathing heavy".

Wasn't Heckler from this part of the country?

Yith was (honestly) made to wear a bright orange lycra gimp-suit with bronze breasts on his stag night.

Eyeballs were clawed.

I think the BBC should check things out before it starts chucking the term ‘Gimp’ about.

gimp
1) A versatile slang term generally meant to insult an individual for perceived lack of competence, style, panache, or the ability to perform the given task at hand. Likewise, the referenced individual's actions may detrimentally affect the overall spirit of a group (whether temporarily or permanently). It can be used as a noun, verb, or adjective.

2) A derogatory term for someone who utilizes a wheelchair or walks with an abnormal gait.

3) A BDSM enthusiast who fancies full-bodied latex and or leather "gimp suits" (ala "American Horror Story", Season 1).

The word didn't really have a meaning in UK English before Pulp Fiction came out though, rarely used even in US movies or television... the only example I can think of is The Usual Suspects.

AFAIK it didn't mean some bugger in a full body S&M suit before said movie either, but they said "Bring out the gimp" and it stuck.

I think the BBC should check things out before it starts chucking the term ‘Gimp’ about.

gimp
1) A versatile slang term generally meant to insult an individual for perceived lack of competence, style, panache, or the ability to perform the given task at hand. Likewise, the referenced individual's actions may detrimentally affect the overall spirit of a group (whether temporarily or permanently). It can be used as a noun, verb, or adjective.

2) A derogatory term for someone who utilizes a wheelchair or walks with an abnormal gait.

3) A BDSM enthusiast who fancies full-bodied latex and or leather "gimp suits" (ala "American Horror Story", Season 1).
Also, https://www.gimp.org/

I think he's hoping for a suspended sentence:

lV0NfHh.jpg

An MMA enthusiast claimed to have beaten him up:
Gimp beatdown

According to the FT round up, he has a variety of disguises, including "clown" (how original), and engages with inappropriate activity with animals, also he rubs himself up against windows according to local witnesses. Anyone heard any more? That's all a cursory Google could find.

Last edited by a moderator:
The word didn't really have a meaning in UK English before Pulp Fiction came out though, rarely used even in US movies or television... the only example I can think of is The Usual Suspects.

AFAIK it didn't mean some bugger in a full body S&M suit before said movie either, but they said "Bring out the gimp" and it stuck.

Deadwood. The gimp. Actual disabled actress Geri Jewell , played the role brilliantly. Big balls (if you can say that of a lady)

gimp

Back in my school days, it was 100% definition 1.
It was pretty well synonymous with nerd, meaning a bookish, uncool person.

Back in my school days, it was 100% definition 1.
It was pretty well synonymous with nerd, meaning a bookish, uncool person.

Yes, I have an old friend who has been universally nicknamed 'gimp' since his first day of secondary school for that very reason. It stuck with him, as nicknames are apt to do, to the point that quite a few people in my social circle don't actually know his real name.

James Cagney in the 1950s Doris Day film Love Me or Leave Me plays a character called The Gimp, on account of his limp, so it's been around a while to describe the differently-abled.

Regarding the chap in the OP, it's possibly significant that he was hanging around only about two miles from where a train traveller claims to have seen a Bigfoot in a field:
..“As I spun my head to the left to see if anybody else on the train had seen what I was looking at, I was surprised to see that nobody was really looking out from the seats in my direction, or any direction other than down to be fair,” he added.

If the eye-witness's judgement that the sighting took place around ten miles before the train arrived at Temple Meads is accurate, it would put the sighting to the south of the railway line between Nailsea and Yatton stations.

The countryside in this point is low-lying wetland, between the M5 and the wooded hillside escarpment that runs up to Bristol Airport.

“I would imagine five to ten seconds was all I saw it for,” the eyewitness added.

A potential explanation, at least.

Had a little scout about online in the local news (me being from cider country) and two people were arrested but the CPS has declined to bring charges.

From https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-50502072 21st November 2019:

"No charges will be brought against two men arrested on suspicion of indecency offences after a person dressed in a gimp suit jumped out on a woman.

The pair aged 28 and 34 were arrested in July after reports of a man approaching people while wearing disguises, including a black body suit.

He had been approaching people in Claverham and Yatton in Somerset.

No further action will be taken against the men due to insufficient evidence, police said.

An Avon and Somerset Police spokesman said: "Thankfully, we've not received any more reports of similar incidents since the most recent report of a man wearing a black body suit approaching a woman on 11 July."
"

Thanks for the info! Could they not raid his wardrobe to see if it contained anything all-over rubber? If it was him, I hope he's been scared off doing it again.

Couldn't have been either of the two they arrested, then. Unless they're daft enough to try it again while on the police's radar (so to speak).

Might be a gang of them, all using the "Couldn't have been me, I was in another town at the time and I can prove it" defence.

Back