• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

GITm's book

Ghost In The Machine

Justified & Ancient
cover.jpg
My latest book - material culture and history - has a chapter on folklore but generally appealing to those of us who like the gothic as it's full of murder, madness and mayhem. We Kickstarted it at the end of last year. (I didn't remember this part of the forum then or I'd have pushed it). It's a bit... niche. As it's doom and gloom pertaining to the textile industries - kiddies falling into machinery, murderers of stocking knitting women (a surprising number of those in the past), clothing as evidence in a burking case... I focus on the 19thC mainly but it does range about a bit. There's also a chapter a Norfolk woman in an asylum producing 20m long embroidered rants (I traced a creepy doctor she mentions), and a famous Yorkshire dyer's wife who ended up in the pauper asylum even though he was one of the richest men in the UK. It will go on Amazon eventually but I don't want to take that hit in profits right now:

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/761...terials-book-physical?ref=listing_published_a
davewitch.jpg

That is extremely cool, and a very interesting topic. Those woodcuts are great. I wish I could get off my behind and write a book. (And if I can't rid myself of distractions now, then when?!). Great stuff. And I see you have one on nalbinding too - I like a bit of nalbinding :)

Bought!!!!!!!! looks like /just/ my thing! :clap:

Back