Global Warming & Climate Change

At least Cromer won't suffer that much given that 90% of it's denizens are amphibians.

England’s flood planners must prepare for the worst on climate change, the Environment Agency has warned.

Its chairwoman, Emma Howard Boyd, said on current trends, global temperature could rise between 2C and 4C by 2100 and £1bn a year would need to be spent on flood management.

She said some communities may even need to move because of the risk of floods.

The government said it would be seeking evidence for its own flood policy in the autumn.

Ms Howard Boyd, launching the consultation on the agency’s flood strategy, said government policy should ensure that all publicly-funded infrastructure is resilient to flooding and coastal change by 2050.

“We can’t win a war against water by building away climate change with infinitely high flood defences,” she said. ...

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-48206325

Coal

Polymath Renaissance Man, Italian Wiccan Anarchist
CO2...0.0406% of the atmosphere.

Oxygen...20.95% of the atmosphere

Nitrogen...78.09% of the atmosphere

Water Vapour...0.4% of the atmosphere.

What is all the fuss about?
Wanna bring down global temperatures? Ground all passenger planes for two years. Instant cooling.

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Wanna bring down global temperatures? Ground all passenger planes for two years. Instant cooling.
Nah: How else would Dame Emma Thompson - net worth $50,000,000 - be able to buy an £18,000 ticket to fly from America to Britain, in order to lecture me on that SqueezyJet flight to Italy I took two years ago? She would have to forego the beef carpaccio washed down with Laurent Perrier champagne that she enjoyed on the flight, before haranguing us about going veggie to save the planet.

maximus otter

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Nah: How else would Dame Emma Thompson - net worth $50,000,000 - be able to buy an £18,000 ticket to fly from America to Britain, in order to lecture me on that SqueezyJet flight to Italy I took two years ago? She would have to forego the beef carpaccio washed down with Laurent Perrier champagne that she enjoyed on the flight, before haranguing us about going veggie to save the planet.

maximus otter
Yes, it's interesting that such people never get the irony or understand the hypocrisy.

Mungoman

Mostly harmless...
I reckon that it's our seas and oceans that is the basis for the earths increased heat retention.

Oceans and seas will radiate 12% of their heat into space, via the atmosphere, and the atmosphere will radiate 59% of its heat into space.

The important thing though, is, can we do something about it.

The other thing is, that until corporations with dollar signs in their scope stop laying waste to the ground, forests and oceans, Nothing of note can really be changed.

And that, as far as I'm concerned, should be the focus....

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Sweet wrapper and plastic bags found in the deepest ocean dive ever:
Rubbish news

This is a real problem. Recycle as much as you can.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Sweet wrapper and plastic bags found in the deepest ocean dive ever:
Rubbish news

This is a real problem. Recycle as much as you can.
I'm surprised they didn't find some glitter down there.

Somebody brings a single glitter-bearing object into your house and you'll be spotting little sparkles out of the corner of your eye until kingdom come.