• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Godlikeproductions visited by shills from Homeland Security?

Vardoger

Make mine a 99
A website I visit for light conspiracy entertainment, Godlikeproductions claims to have been visited by shills from Dept. of Homeland Security.

The website itself has been accused of being a psyop run by the US government for a long time already, on rivaling forums. :lol:

The Department Of Homeland Security Is A GLP Hater?

Here is the thread..

Thread: Who here is tired of GLP's main function.. a source to spread fear mongering...

Here is the IP history on the account..

IPs Overview
IP First Login Last Login Number-Logins
216.81.94.73 sbcp6.dhs.gov 9/3/2011 12:43 AM 9/3/2011 1:03 AM 2
216.81.94.71 sbcp4.dhs.gov 9/4/2011 3:09 AM 9/11/2011 4:28 AM 2
216.81.94.69 sbcp2.dhs.gov 9/15/2011 2:08 AM 9/15/2011 2:08 AM 1
198.228.193.90 mobile-198-228-193-090.mycingular.net 9/2/2011 11:14 PM 9/2/2011 11:14 PM 1

WHAT THE FUCK DHS?!?!

Do I need to contact my law firm over this government harassment taking place from OFFICIAL DHS IP ADDRESSES??

I think every large conspiracy board is 'infiltrated' by various intelligence agencies. From their perspecitve, it makes perfect sense and, frankly, they'd be idiots not to do so.

Over the years, I think a couple of people who've been regular posters on Above Top Secret have been arrested because they've made that transistion from being angry ranters in cyberspace into angry and potentially dangerous ranters in real life.

Whilst GLP is "light conspiracy entertainment" entertainment for you, it's fairly obvious that for some on GLP, ATS and Icke's boards etc,. it's a little more intense and important to them. Eventually, with enough confirmation bias, encouragement or whatever, people can become obssessive and sometimes these people are survivalists or whatever and can pose a very real threat that isn't just aimed at corporations of government, but generally innocent people. Even in shitty tyrannical governments of the New World Order, they have minimum wage cleaners, receptionists, post-room people and so on.

Re: the accusations of being a front for the Man, I think every conspiracy website gets that too. ATS certainly does on a regular basis. Again, if I was an intelligence group, I'd probably be setting-up a conspiracy website myself. Makes perfect sense, and is an elegant solution: instead of going out of your way to spy on people, have them come to you and tell you everything they think, worry about, have discovered or whatever, all on your own servers etc. I'm not saying GLP or ATS etc are fronts for the Man, just that it would make perfect sense.

Such sites always have a self-destructive quality, a victim of their own paranoias and those who share related ones. So they invariably end up chasing their tail, or get accused of being a shill by others. Same thing has happened within ufology.

That said, it's interesting in terms of the dynamics of human interaction via the net (as a social phenomena kinda thing).

What's interesting about the GLP one was another thread on there where someone had been posting from the same DHS IP, and were the ones to 'announce' the unencrypted Wikileaks files (the whole stash of diplomatic cables) and host the torrent to download it from!

Jiggery abounds!

Or it's really a Homeland Security IP address , but it's a bored intern who's trolling Godlikeproductions, knowing that the address is going to make them really paranoid...

Yeah, they pinged back and it was a genuine DHS IP, but you're more than likely right Timble - there's no doubt that there's some sort of monitoring in place just in case nutters start making bomb threats etc. but I think if they were going to deliberately put misinformation and such like out there, they'd be a little bit more discreet about it.

You'd think they would be more careful with proxies but then the Iranian embassy in Dublin ip visited the Hands Off the People of Iran site.

Back