• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Good Stuff On Telly

47Forteans

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
There may be a thread about this already, but I want to canvas folks thoughts about good stuff on the idiot box.

The Bridge - Swedish/Danish crime drama, quite complex. A body is dumped on the bridge between Sweden and Denmark (half on each side of the border), only for the police to find that the body was cut in half at the waist and was two seperate women.

Unit One - Danish crime drama.

The Killing - Danish crime drama.

Real Humans - Danish sci-fi drama.

I liked Real Humans. I felt sorry when the Hubot Rick was deactivated. Is there to be a second series?

47Forteans said:
The Bridge - Swedish/Danish crime drama, quite complex. A body is dumped on the bridge between Sweden and Denmark (half on each side of the border), only for the police to find that the body was cut in half at the waist and was two seperate women.

That sounds a bit like the plot from Bon Cop, Bad Cop.

From Wikipedia:
Bon Cop, Bad Cop is a 2006 Canadian comedy-thriller buddy cop film about an Ontarian and a Québécois police officer who reluctantly join forces. The dialogue is a mixture of English and French. The title is a translation word play on the phrase "Good cop/bad cop".

When a body is found hanging on top of the sign demarcating the Ontario-Quebec border, police officers from both Canadian provinces must join forces to solve the murder. David Bouchard (Patrick Huard) is a rule-bending, francophone detective for the Sûreté du Québec, while Martin Ward (Colm Feore) is a by-the-book anglophone Ontario Provincial Police detective. The bilingual detectives must resolve their professional and cultural differences as well as their bigotry and prejudices.

dreeness said:
47Forteans said:
The Bridge - Swedish/Danish crime drama, quite complex...

That sounds a bit like the plot from Bon Cop, Bad Cop.

Does sound a bit like it. Main differences being The Bridge is complex, engaging and very good.

I'm well into the Scandi dramas. I got into Wallander to replace my Morse-addiction, and it kind of went from there - though I don't find Borgen quite as attention-grabbing.

Otherwise, I'm enjoying Ripper Street - it's getting deeper as it goes on, which I like - and our chum Mr Brooker is back in Weekly Wipe. Oh, and Pointless. Can't miss that :). Other than that, the odd BBC4 prog and my usual slew of outre things on Discovery and Nat Geo aside I can take or leave telly.

Great documentary series called The Sound + The Fury on 20th Century avant garde music started last night on BBC Four, fascinating stuff about deliberately hard to listen to tunes. Two more parts to come, part 1 on iPlayer.

Great documentary series called The Sound + The Fury on 20th Century avant garde music started last night on BBC Four, fascinating stuff about deliberately hard to listen to tunes. Two more parts to come, part 1 on iPlayer.

Oh man I was just about to search for this and then spotted your post is 8 and a half years old.

Oh man I was just about to search for this and then spotted your post is 8 and a half years old.

Aw... I'd forgotten about it, and I don't think it was repeated, maybe because the sounds were difficult to listen to. It was really interesting, though!

A few weeks ago I caught the end of something very odd on lunchtime TV, I have just found out what it was, it was a very surreal episode of the TV medical soap 'Doctors' which was based on 'Alice in Wonderland', it was on a par with the 'Bouncers dream' episode of 'Neighbours'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000x946/doctors-series-22-64-wonderland
There'a a fantastic episode of Doctors based on M.R. James' Oh Whistle, and I'll Come to You, My Lad. :)
There's also a Jane Austen one where some patient becomes possessed by her or summat.

Back