• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Gotham

Yeah we're about halfway through S4 at the moment - the first four seasons are on Netflix.
Yes. I liked it. It was dark and utterly bonkers with loads of completely barking bad guys/gals.

Yeah the writing improved during season 3 and I'm really enjoying it - like you say bonkers. I love when Nigma losses his IQ and his riddle answers are fantastic.

Penguin too - outstanding.

Last edited:
Yeah the writing improved during season 3 and I'm really enjoying it - like you say bonkers. I love when Nigma losses his IQ and his riddle answers are fantastic.

If you like Cory Michael Smith as The Riddler (and he IS the best thing in it), then check out the new film 1985, it's a Christmas AIDS drama (!) he takes the lead in and he's excellent. Proves he has some range and can play somebody relatively normal just as well as he plays a maniac.

Probably should have mentioned this before tonight, but I forgot because I'm an idiot: Gotham is back on E4 tonight, starting at 9pm. If you're reading this now and didn't know, try E4+1 at ten!

Ah, they've taken a post-apocalyptic approach this (half) season. Suspect (SPOILER) isn't really dead, because who really dies on this show? The Riddler as amusing as ever.

Guess that was (an unnamed) Harley Quinn, then? Sort of a spooky version.

Great to see Zsasz this week, Anthony Corrigan working his usual magic. Plus The Riddler was entertaining too, but he always is.

They've obviously cottoned on to how amusing Robin Lord Taylor is when he has a little person or creature to fawn over - it used to be that little kid, now it's Eddie the bulldog.

So long, Gotham, it's been... well, it's been nuts really. They managed a variation on different levels of hysteria from episode to episode, scene to scene, but it's never been boring and they've obviously had a ball playing with the Batman rogue's gallery - we even had The Ventriloquist before the end (briefly). I do note they never said the name "Batman", not even at the last line when we expected it! Anyway, Batman always had the best baddies in comicdom, and they exploited that. I don't know if I'll miss it, but I did stick with it, which is more than I can say for some superhero TV shows.

Now I think of it, I don't remember the word "bat" being used at all in any of the 100+ episodes. Not even when there were bats in it.

Now I think of it, I don't remember the word "bat" being used at all in any of the 100+ episodes. Not even when there were bats in it.

Finished Gotham last night - right at the end, Penguin mentions something about a man dressed as a bat. That was it I think.

And you're right, I think I'll miss it too.

Finished Gotham last night - right at the end, Penguin mentions something about a man dressed as a bat. That was it I think.

And you're right, I think I'll miss it too.

Congratulations on viewing 100+ episodes of a complete TV series! We're like TV Alexander the Greats.

There is already a new Gotham Police series on the way, meant to tie in with the upcoming Batman movie.

There is already a new Gotham Police series on the way, meant to tie in with the upcoming Batman movie.
Not based on Gotham Central is it? The Ruckanaissance continues.

And the completely bonkers four other series.
The cast were great throughout in Gotham and David Mazouz made a great fledgling Batman. Best scenes always involved Cameron in particular were he's interviewed at the circus (spine tingling) and the face staple\hall of mirrors episodes. Last season was rushed unfortunatley and the last scenes involving the (now supposedly) rotund Penguin looking like he just had a cushion shoved up his shirtfront - could have been much better.

Back