• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

#GrabBag

All silliness aside, I reckon I'd be as wel=prepped as anyone with my experience. I cleaned out my shed today i lieu of leaving permanently and put everything to one side that I'd go camping with and it was half the shit there. It fits into a sedan, but I now have a trailer handy. So I'd fill the car with the hardware and fill the trailer with water. That's it.

Seriously, you'd be as well-advised to get clear of the coast and go inland. The masses would try for the tropics for sure. I'd be well-set for the outback. Get to know how to feed off desert plants. Best to survive the long haul.

Going back to the specifics of what kicked off this thread rather than survivalism in general, what I found interesting about the image sent out by Police Scotland was that it referred to a "flashlight" rather than a torch. This indicates that it had simply been lifted from some other (presumably American) source and been tweeted without any further thought put into it. It seems to me that a similar lack of thought went into what message releasing it in the current tumultuous UK political climate sends out to the public, who aren't well versed in when "preparedness week" is.

this house uses flashlight. If I say "torch" then it's usually preceded by "flaming" :)

Seriously, you'd be as well-advised to get clear of the coast and go inland. The masses would try for the tropics for sure. I'd be well-set for the outback. Get to know how to feed off desert plants. Best to survive the long haul.
Although it seems unlikely, that may be a better option. The main issue would be water.

Back