• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Great Acts Of Stupidity

1709498297650.png

Super expensive McLaren lands in ditch The Hague, driver uninjured

Near The Hague, a driver's car went off the road and ended up in a ditch. The driver was able to free himself from the vehicle and get to shore with the help of bystanders. He was not injured.

What the damage is to the car, a McLaren 570S, is not yet clear. Photos from local news site Region 15 show that one of the headlights was smashed.

The engine is said to have been running for a while after the vehicle ended up in the ditch; this caused smoke. The bolide has a new-value of about 250,000 euros.

The accident happened on the road between Zoetermeer and Haagoord. The police arrived at the scene after the accident. A salvage company lifted the car out of the ditch and removed it.

https://nos.nl/artikel/2511327-peperdure-mclaren-belandt-in-sloot-den-haag-bestuurder-ongedeerd

Sauce for the goose ...

The Massachusetts Air National Guardsman who is accused of posting a trove of classified documents to social media asked a judge to reconsider his detention on Monday, pointing out that he is charged with the same federal counts as former President Donald Trump and that prosecutors did not oppose Trump’s release.

In May, a Massachusetts judge ruled that 21-year-old Jack Teixeira would be held in jail while he awaits trial for charges under the Espionage Act after prosecutors argued he callously mishandled highly sensitive national security information during his short tenure in the National Guard. The magistrate judge, David Hennessy, said that Teixeira posed a continued threat to national security.

Teixeira’s lawyers argued in a new filing on Monday that a judge should reverse a decision to keep Teixeira detained, pointing to several other criminal defendants who were released while awaiting trial, including Trump and his co-defendant Walt Nauta.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/07/17/politics/jack-teixeira-out-of-jail-classified-trump/index.html

16 years - I wonder if others can expect a similar sentence.

Massachusetts Air National Guardsman Jack Teixeira agreed Monday that he caused one of the most extraordinary leaks of national defense secrets in years and agreed to accept a prison sentence of 16 years -- what could be the longest sentence in an unlawful retention case.

According to the signed plea agreement filed with the court, Teixeira, 22, agreed to plead guilty to all six counts charging him with willful retention and transmission of national defense information. In exchange, prosecutors agreed not to charge him with additional counts under the Espionage Act.

Teixeira "accessed and printed hundreds of classified documents" and posted images of them on Discord prior to his arrest last April, a prosecutor said Monday during a hearing in Boston federal court, where the Air National Guardsman pleaded guilty.

Teixeira entered court in handcuffs and an orange jumpsuit with the initials PCCF on the back, for Plymouth County Correctional Facility, and appeared to smile at his father, who was seated in the second row.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/pentagon-leak-suspect-jack-teixeira-agrees-accept-16/story?id=107772933

16 years - I wonder if others can expect a similar sentence.

Massachusetts Air National Guardsman Jack Teixeira agreed Monday that he caused one of the most extraordinary leaks of national defense secrets in years and agreed to accept a prison sentence of 16 years -- what could be the longest sentence in an unlawful retention case.

According to the signed plea agreement filed with the court, Teixeira, 22, agreed to plead guilty to all six counts charging him with willful retention and transmission of national defense information. In exchange, prosecutors agreed not to charge him with additional counts under the Espionage Act.

Teixeira "accessed and printed hundreds of classified documents" and posted images of them on Discord prior to his arrest last April, a prosecutor said Monday during a hearing in Boston federal court, where the Air National Guardsman pleaded guilty.

Teixeira entered court in handcuffs and an orange jumpsuit with the initials PCCF on the back, for Plymouth County Correctional Facility, and appeared to smile at his father, who was seated in the second row.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/pentagon-leak-suspect-jack-teixeira-agrees-accept-16/story?id=107772933
I'm a sucker for these spy stories, cool. Yesterday I saw another weird one. This one sounds like a honeytrap:
https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/air-...osure-classified-national-defense-information

According to the charging documents, Slater attended USSTRATCOM briefings regarding Russia’s war against Ukraine that were classified up to TOP SECRET//SENSITIVE COMPARTMENTED INFORMATION (TS//SCI).

Slater then transmitted classified NDI that he learned from those briefings via the foreign online dating website’s messaging platform to his co-conspirator, who claimed to be a female living in Ukraine on the foreign dating website. The co-conspirator regularly asked Slater to provide her with sensitive, non-public, closely held and classified NDI and called Slater in their messages her “secret informant love” and her “secret agent.” In response to these requests, Slater indeed provided classified NDI to her, including regarding military targets and Russian military capabilities relating to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/media/1340961/dl?inline

"Dear, what is shown on the screens in the special room?? It is very interesting." :)

You are my secret informant love! How were your meetings? Successfully?"

I hope you will tell me right away? You are my secret agent. With love.

"Sweet Dave, the supply of weapons is completely classified, which is great!" :)

"My sweet Dave, thanks for the valu,able information, it's great that two officials from the USA are going to Kyiv.

Back