Great Acts Of Stupidity

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Austin Popper

Emperor of Antarctica
Reaction score
Colorado, where the gold is still elusive
Heh. Most of the tour guides didn't say much about that, but as I recall the next eruption is overdue at least by some measures. So yeah, any minute now. Might be a perfect finale to 2020.

My visits there were in the early and mid 90s, or five years or so after the big fire that "destroyed the park" as some headlines read. There were many large areas burned, but it's a natural process and the park was still magnificent. Many of the burned areas already had small trees and other vegitation growing back. Anyway, I ended up seeing quite a bit of video of the fires and the human element, much of that being large groups of people fleeing. It was amazing. The Park Service rounded up everyone who was still there and caravanned them out through the smoke in their own vehicles. I'd have been long gone by then, but as we're seeing right now there are huge numbers of people who lack basic common sense.

uair01

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
A Twente novice motorist lost his licence on the night of Friday to Saturday because he was driving with alcohol on the N18.
When his brother-in-law came to pick him up, he appeared to be drunk behind the wheel. The driver's father was then ticketed when he too crawled behind the wheel with a sip to go to his son.

Haaksbergen police reported on Facebook on Saturday that she received a report about a car lying upside down in the roadside along the N18. The occupants had already left the vehicle and had only minor injuries.
Officers at the scene smelled alcohol at the driver, who was found to have consumed four times the permitted amount of alcohol, blowing 370 ugl, while up to 95 ugl was allowed. After a report had been made against him, it became clear that his car was not insured and that he had already lost his licence. The police therefore wrote two more reports.

To help the driver, his brother-in-law had driven to the N18, but police also smelled an alcohol smell. The man blew 470 ugl, while he was given a limit of 220 ugl. That's why the police made a report against him.

While all this was taking place, a police unit was on their way to the location to assist. She found a scooter that was riding on the N18, when this is not allowed. At the check,the driver appeared to be the father of the novice motorist.
Once again, the police smelled alcohol. The man blew 720 ugl, where 220 ugl was allowed. He lost his driver's license and he was also charged.

https://www.nu.nl/binnenland/605321...ader-na-elkaar-betrapt-op-dronken-rijden.html