• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Great Acts Of Stupidity

A Lincoln, Nebraska, man trashed a store and vehicles parked outside, causing an estimated $7,000 in damages, because he'd lost his 'dope pipe'. The missing item was found on his person after he was arrested.
Man Arrested at Super Saver

A man accused of destroying metal detectors, a wine rack and other property inside a north Lincoln Super Saver was arrested following the incident Tuesday night.

Andrew Marr, 30, was booked into the Lancaster County Jail on charges of criminal mischief and possession of a controlled substance.

According to the Lincoln Police Department, officers were called to Super Saver at 27th and Cornhusker around 8:30 p.m. Tuesday on a report of a man ransacking the inside of the store.

Police said Marr was damaging vehicles in the parking lot with a sign when officers arrived at the scene. ...

He was arrested without a struggle and told officers he went on the rampage because he thought someone had taken his dope pipe, LPD said.

The drug pipe was found on him during a search, according to officers.

An early estimate revealed about $7,000 in damages to the inside of the store and vehicles in the parking lot.

SOURCE (With Photo): https://www.1011now.com/2020/11/25/...ages-at-super-saver-over-misplaced-dope-pipe/

Don't know where to put this, but what a weird tale. Like a tragic novel:

A journalist blew up her life for ‘pharma bro’ Martin Shkreli. The writer who told her story isn’t sure why

https://www.latimes.com/entertainme...-clifford?_amp=true&__twitter_impression=true

... But during Shkreli’s sentencing in early 2018, emails between the two surfaced and were used by the prosecution to demonstrate Shkreli’s lack of remorse. ...

... Things are harder now. She hasn’t seen Shkreli in a year, due in large part to the COVID-19 pandemic. And when he found out that her story would be published by Elle, he cut off all communication. ...

... His lawyers referred to her as his fiancée in April when they requested he be allowed early release due to the virus — he didn’t get it — but when Clifford reached out to Shkreli for comment on the Elle piece, his people sent a message that she passed along to Smythe: “Mr. Shkreli wishes Ms. Smythe the best of luck in her future endeavors”

Smythe, however, seems to believe everything is still on track. In the article, she says she will wait for him until his release from prison. ...

Martin Shkreli is an official total asshole, why ruin your life for him:

In September 2015, Shkreli was widely criticized when Turing obtained the manufacturing license for the antiparasitic drug Daraprim and raised its price by a factor of 56 (from US$13.50 to $750 per pill). In 2017, Shkreli was charged and convicted in federal court on two counts of securities fraud and one count of conspiring to commit securities fraud, unrelated to the Daraprim controversy.[3] He was sentenced to seven years in federal prison and up to $7.4 million in fines.[12]

And:

Shkreli made a request for compassionate release on April 22, 2020. In his request, Shkreli claimed his firm needed him to develop a remedy for COVID-19.[134] In denying the request, Judge Matsumoto characterized Shkreli's request an instance of "delusional self-aggrandizing behavior".[135]

Last edited:
Seems quite a lot of fatal accidents happen because of that magic phrase "Don't tell me what to do!"
There are an awful lot of railroad crossing in the US with little or no protection, and outside the North-east Corridor many of the tracks carry very few trains - in some cases one a week. That breeds complacency.

There are an awful lot of railroad crossing in the US with little or no protection, and outside the North-east Corridor many of the tracks carry very few trains - in some cases one a week. That breeds complacency.

For anyone who seems to think that Americans are uniquely guilty re daftness on level crossings:

Etc.

maximus otter

I wonder how long it will be until TPTB realise that 'barriers coming down' is the wrong way of trying to stop drivers.
What they need is 'big spikes that come up'.
In Russia you don't get chancers taking on trains at level crossings because those very rising spikes are deployed along with the warning lights.
Well, it's more like a long metal comb that stands up with the spikes pointing towards your expensive tyres at about a 45 degree angle. Seems to work.

Man with GPS parole tracking device is tracked going to Capitol riot:

1610918904943.png

Family 'did Asda shop in blue-light ambulance'

A driver went supermarket shopping in a second-hand ambulance with the emergency lights flashing, police said.

The ambulance was reportedly carrying a family when it arrived at the Asda store in the Harpurhey area of Manchester on Wednesday.

Traffic officers tweeted that the group then "promptly went inside to do their shopping".

The ambulance was seized and a man was later charged with a range of driving offences.

The 32-year-old is due before magistrates in Manchester charged with driving while disqualified, without a licence, without insurance, and using a vehicle with unauthorised blue lights.

He also faces a charge of failing to appear at court at an earlier date.

Family 'did Asda shop in blue-light ambulance'

A driver went supermarket shopping in a second-hand ambulance with the emergency lights flashing, police said.

He also faces a charge of failing to appear at court at an earlier date.

This is a bit rich, even for Harpurhey. A startling number of the customers in that precinct have requisitioned supermarket trolleys as their personal zimmer-frames* and pass from shop to shop, pausing only to block as many exits as they can, while they light a ciggy.

Did I spot one with a personalised number-plate? Maybe I made that up. :rolleyes:

What i find amazing is the fact that they know there is a train on the way, but as they go thro and get trapped by the last barrier, they sit there and pause for a while, instead of just getting out the car and leaving (they would probably go back the way they came tho) they decide that they should back up and go back across the tracks, instead of just pushing ahead thro the barrier. If they want to add extra safety then hire a rifleman to pick the buggers off.

I hope that stupid driver didn't think of making a claim cause she was hurt in the accident with the up downy bollards.

This is a bit rich, even for Harpurhey. A startling number of the customers in that precinct have requisitioned supermarket trolleys as their personal zimmer-frames* and pass from shop to shop, pausing only to block as many exits as they can, while they light a ciggy.

Today I lobbed my shopping in t'banger and went off to dump the trolley before going on to another shop.

Instead, taking an interest in a noisy fight developing between some homeless people, I waltzed off past the trolley parking and halfway to the Pound Shop.

Had to do the Walk of Shame back to Asda.

What i find amazing is the fact that they know there is a train on the way, but as they go thro and get trapped by the last barrier, they sit there and pause for a while, instead of just getting out the car and leaving (they would probably go back the way they came tho) they decide that they should back up and go back across the tracks, instead of just pushing ahead thro the barrier. If they want to add extra safety then hire a rifleman to pick the buggers off.

I hope that stupid driver didn't think of making a claim cause she was hurt in the accident with the up downy bollards.
What's this then?

I waltzed off past the trolley parking and halfway to the Pound Shop.

The puzzling thing is that Harpurhey Asda has a magnetic-lock system to prevent their trolleys being taken walkies.

Some folk want to demonstrate how they disable it. Bad boys and girls, evidently! :yellowc:

Okay, so you've run out of your usual hairspray for your admittedly very impressive ponytail (I had a very good ponytail for years in the eighties...), so you have to improvise. And... you pick up the handy tube of super-strength Gorilla Glue, which "forms a clear, permanent bond that is moisture resistant”. And it's living up to its name a month later...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/feb/09/gorilla-glue-girl-hair-tiktok

Okay, so you've run out of your usual hairspray for your admittedly very impressive ponytail (I had a very good ponytail for years in the eighties...), so you have to improvise. And... you pick up the handy tube of super-strength Gorilla Glue, which "forms a clear, permanent bond that is moisture resistant”. And it's living up to its name a month later...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/feb/09/gorilla-glue-girl-hair-tiktok

See here for more comments on this :p

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/oops-the-silly-mistakes-thread.25999/post-2036697

She can have a whole new career.

hair circus act.jpg

RTFM ... Familiarize yourself with the instructions, damn it ...
Pro Tip: Bear Spray Goes on the Bear, Not on You

The customer who showed up at the sporting goods store was furious, and demanded to speak with a manager. When one arrived, he handed her a canister of bear spray and told her that she had sold him a “defective” product, and that it had sent his wife to the hospital when they tried to use it. The bear spray, he said, should never have been allowed on store shelves.

“I asked, well, how did it cause your wife to go to the hospital?” said the manager, who spoke on condition of anonymity because her employer had not authorized her to talk to the media. “And he said ‘I was 15 feet away, and I sprayed my wife with this bear repellent, and it burned her.’” The man, it turned out, mistakenly believed that bear spray worked like bug spray and applied the high-test pepper solution to his wife’s skin, hair, and eyes.

It’s a mistake that’s so absurd, it would almost be funny—if it didn’t keep happening. Each year, Backpacker hears anecdotes about hikers who aren’t used to traveling in grizzly country spraying their tents and backpacks with bear spray, believing that it will repel hungry or curious bruins. A smaller number use it on themselves, with disastrous results. ...
FULL STORY: https://www.backpacker.com/survival/bears/pro-tip-bear-spray-goes-on-the-bear-not-on-you/

Last edited:
RTFM ... Familiarize yourself with the instructions, damn it ...

FULL STORY: https://www.backpacker.com/survival/bears/pro-tip-bear-spray-goes-on-the-bear-not-on-you/
That reminds me of something that happened to my dad last week, he went to the local DIY store to buy some grow bags for his tomatoes, as he was loading them into his car an employee approached him and asked 'do you want some tomato seeds?' Dad said no thanks, the guy went on to say that recently the store had a few people come in complaining that, they had opened the bags, watered them religiously and nothing had grown, the staff then had to explain that you have to plant seeds in the bags :hahazebs:

A kid in Minnesota decided to take a ride on an airport luggage conveyor system. This could have turned out badly.
Boy unhurt after taking ride on airport conveyor belt system

Authorities say a 9-year-old boy who found his way onto the conveyor belt baggage handling system at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport was not injured.

Airport spokesperson Pat Hogan said the incident happened early Saturday afternoon as a group of about 20 people were checking their bags for a trip they were taking together.

Hogan said initially no one in the group noticed the boy was missing, Minnesota Public Radio News reported.

“There was a lot of confusion because there were so many people in the group,” he said. “They were all checking their bags and putting their own bags on the conveyors, so it took a second for them to realize he was missing — but as soon as they did people sprang into action and the police were able to find him quickly.”

Police found the boy in under five minutes. ...
FULL STORY: https://apnews.com/article/oddities-business-94abf2cedbced7389fffa3314d7e29d3

Back