Great Acts Of Stupidity

Min Bannister

Possessed dog
Reaction score
Not sure if this qualifies as great stupidity, but attending a locked-down video meeting with your colleagues whilst taking a shower, did strike me as rather amusing:
The meeting started at 8am and continued past 12? :eek: Kudos to him for not having a sudden "IT problem" and leaving the meeting about 2 hours earlier. A shame he felt he had to resign. I would vote for someone with that level of dedication.

gordonrutter

There must be a set character limit to this opt...
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure if this qualifies as great stupidity, but attending a locked-down video meeting with your colleagues whilst taking a shower, did strike me as rather amusing:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ter-showing-during-livestreamed-video-meeting

Whilst not quite as revealing, I came within a body hair of doing something within the same ball-park last week.
My team has a virtual meeting on Zoom just before Wednesday lunchtimes and, as I have been working from home, with my conservatory being my new office, I was wilting a bit in 30+ degree heat and only had my shorts on. As soon as I clicked the [Enter meeting now] button, I suddenly realised that the sight of my un-draped torso probably wouldn't be much appreciated, so ran upstairs to grab a t-shirt and rejoined the meeting just in time.
I was in a meeting the other week and announced I was not missing the daily commute and the fact I didn’t have to wear trousers to a meeting was a bonus. All of my colleagues in the meeting looked shocked so I said I was just joking and stood up to demonstrate I did in fact have trousers on. I had a virtual background on as well and when my face left the area of the camera it decided I wasn’t there at all and vanished me completely from the screen thus foiling my attempt to show my trousers!

IbisNibs

Exotic animal, sort of . . .
Reaction score
Ah well that explains it then. So they can't be backed-up? Seems.... insecure.

EDIT: And a quick Google confirms it's completely possible to backup your Bitcoin wallet, in case you need to restore it. So the guy with the laptop is in fact totally at fault for not backing-up his data. What an idiot.
Not to mention he was totally irresponsible in how he tossed his hard drive into the regular trash. Aren't there still bits of cadmium, lead and other fun stuff in hard drives?

PeteS

Seeking refuge
Reaction score
Not to mention he was totally irresponsible in how he tossed his hard drive into the regular trash. Aren't there still bits of cadmium, lead and other fun stuff in hard drives?
Yep that did occur to me too. Still, I feel a touch sorry for the guy - so close and yet so far.

PeteS

Seeking refuge
Reaction score
I was in a meeting the other week and announced I was not missing the daily commute and the fact I didn’t have to wear trousers to a meeting was a bonus. All of my colleagues in the meeting looked shocked so I said I was just joking and stood up to demonstrate I did in fact have trousers on. I had a virtual background on as well and when my face left the area of the camera it decided I wasn’t there at all and vanished me completely from the screen thus foiling my attempt to show my trousers!
Ms Petes reports that on a video conference call someone she knows was on, the MD of the company was seen to throw his cat across the room. One of the contributors reported him and the cat was removed from the home. Got onto the media so I expect he is now getting what he deserved (hope so anyway).

Spookdaddy

Cuckoo
Reaction score
Ms Petes reports that on a video conference call someone she knows was on, the MD of the company was seen to throw his cat across the room. One of the contributors reported him and the cat was removed from the home. Got onto the media so I expect he is now getting what he deserved (hope so anyway).
Estate agents, by any chance? I ask because I can see a scenario where you might want to physically demonstrate the fact that, yes, in fact there is enough room to swing one.