• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Great Acts Of Stupidity

Man Breaks Leg After Jumping From Moving LAX Plane, Says He’d Smoked ‘a Lot’ of Meth​

A man who panicked on a moving plane at LAX, charged to the cockpit, then broke his leg after leaping out of an emergency exit told cops that he’d smoked “a lot” of crystal meth in the days leading up the incident. Court documents reported by The Washington Post allege that Luis Antonio Victoria Dominguez, 33, leaned over to the passenger next to him and said he was going to attempt an escape from the plane. “I’m serious,” he is said to have whispered in her ear.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/luis-...4-JwCt4MkSTc10WRrj3OhUF0X0rp4p0N_ncloh3RRyRoo

Has anyone tallied how many insane-style incidents have been meth inspired in the last 5 years?
Nearly every time I read about a crime like this, where you think the perpetrator was mentally ill, it seems like meth was involved.

Has anyone tallied how many insane-style incidents have been meth inspired in the last 5 years?
Nearly every time I read about a crime like this, where you think the perpetrator was mentally ill, it seems like meth was involved.
Meth in the States, Spice in the UK,

mr-mackey-south-park-drugs-are-bad-mkay-1.jpg

This is more tragic than stupid. I've read a lot about addiction and drugs (purely out of morbid fascination, fortunately) but I didn't know about this horrible side effect of ketamine:

But four months later, Sophie relapsed.She adds: “I’d been clean for 16 weeks but was still going to the toilet every hour, it was excruciating and, in the end, I gave in. I was a mess, drugs were all I cared about. My poor gran was so upset but I couldn’t control it.
“I took ketamine every day and worked in a bar to fund it. I was so ill, my kidneys, my back and my stomach were excruciating, I felt like someone was torturing me.”
In July 2013, Sophie was rushed into hospital after she collapsed at home.
Doctors warned her that her kidneys were failing and they fitted a catheter to drain her urine.
She says: “They told me I had Stage-3 liver disease and the damage I’d done was life-threatening. I broke down.”
A scan showed Sophie’s bladder had 40mm holes in it and surgeons told her there was nothing they could do to save it.
Sophie is now waiting for an operation to remove the bits of her bladder that remain, and takes painkillers daily to help with the pain.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/5...g-ketamine-at-16-now-at-23-i-have-no-bladder/

My youngest was a devoted clubber and saw lots of Ket abuse. A veterinarian nurse friend of hers was even sacked for stealing it from work.
She told me about a sign on club walls -

Ket poster.jpg

My youngest was a devoted clubber and saw lots of Ket abuse. A veterinarian nurse friend of hers was even sacked for stealing it from work.
She told me about a sign on club walls -

View attachment 41482

Recently I found this interesting post on the difference between therapeutic and recreational doses of ketamine:

When I first considered prescribing ketamine, the bladder injury stories scared me so much that I asked a bunch of veteran ketamine prescribers how I should monitor it. They all gave me weird non-commital answers like "I've prescribed ketamine to thousands of patients and never had a problem with this, so I guess don't worry". But why not? There are all these papers saying we should worry, and all these reports in the literature of ketamine-induced bladder injury!

A standard psychiatric dose of ketamine might be 0.5 mg/kg IV, 2x/week, for four weeks. So a 70 kg patient would get about 280 mg over the course of a month. This Chinese study and this UK study analyze recreational ketamine users, and both find they take about 3g daily, every day. That's 90,000 mg over the course of a month. Again, that's 280 mg for the psych patients and 90,000 mg for the recreational users (and you wouldn't believe how many hoops the psych patients have to jump through to get their 280, or how terrified their doctors are that something could go wrong). Drug users use a lot of drugs! So why don't psychiatric patients get bladder injuries? It's because you get bladder injuries when you're taking more like 90,000 mg of ketamine a month, and not when you're taking 280 mg.

https://astralcodexten.substack.com/p/drug-users-use-a-lot-of-drugs

Recently I found this interesting post on the difference between therapeutic and recreational doses of ketamine:

When I first considered prescribing ketamine, the bladder injury stories scared me so much that I asked a bunch of veteran ketamine prescribers how I should monitor it. They all gave me weird non-commital answers like "I've prescribed ketamine to thousands of patients and never had a problem with this, so I guess don't worry". But why not? There are all these papers saying we should worry, and all these reports in the literature of ketamine-induced bladder injury!

A standard psychiatric dose of ketamine might be 0.5 mg/kg IV, 2x/week, for four weeks. So a 70 kg patient would get about 280 mg over the course of a month. This Chinese study and this UK study analyze recreational ketamine users, and both find they take about 3g daily, every day. That's 90,000 mg over the course of a month. Again, that's 280 mg for the psych patients and 90,000 mg for the recreational users (and you wouldn't believe how many hoops the psych patients have to jump through to get their 280, or how terrified their doctors are that something could go wrong). Drug users use a lot of drugs! So why don't psychiatric patients get bladder injuries? It's because you get bladder injuries when you're taking more like 90,000 mg of ketamine a month, and not when you're taking 280 mg.

https://astralcodexten.substack.com/p/drug-users-use-a-lot-of-drugs
Yup, the patients receive ketamine whereas the clubbers are taking the

KETAMINE
+
KETAMINE
+
KETAMINE

This intrepid moron and potential Darwin Award nominee was driving with a Starlink terminal (disc / dish antenna) unit mounted on his car ... ... On the hood, right in front of the windshield.
Police ticket driver for sticking Starlink terminal on car’s hood

A California Highway Patrol officer stopped a Toyota Prius on Friday that had what looks like a Starlink dish fastened to its hood, the agency said in a Facebook post. The “visual obstruction,” sitting right smack in the middle of the car’s hood, landed the driver a ticket.

“Sir I stopped you today for that visual obstruction on your hood. Does it not block your view while driving?” an officer said, quoted in a post on CHP Antelope Valley’s Facebook page. The driver replied: “Only when I make right turns...”

The driver told the CHP officer that they were using the antenna to have Wi-Fi for a business they run out of their car ...

“Yes, it is in fact illegal to mount a satellite dish to the hood of your vehicle,” CHP’s Facebook post continued, citing a state law that bars other view-obstructions like objects hanging from a rear-view mirror, or poorly positioned GPS mounts. ...
FULL STORY (With Photo): https://www.theverge.com/2021/7/2/22561264/california-driver-ticket-spacex-starlink-antenna

Spice users are not nearly as dangerous in public as tweakers. The most danger you'll face from a spice user is tripping over one sprawled on the pavement outside the bus station.

They run the risk of being eaten by Shal Hulud though.

Yup, the patients receive ketamine whereas the clubbers are taking the

KETAMINE
+
KETAMINE
+
KETAMINE
I thought it was a standard medical adage that 'the poison is in the dose'. Most substances will kill you if you have too much of them.

I mean, there used to be medical uses of arsenic, didn't there? Or have I read too many Victorian murder mysteries?

I thought it was a standard medical adage that 'the poison is in the dose'. Most substances will kill you if you have too much of them.

I mean, there used to be medical uses of arsenic, didn't there? Or have I read too many Victorian murder mysteries?
Yup, it's like any other drug. Too much is too much. Medical amounts won't get you high.

Arsenic used to be taken sparingly to brighten the eyes or summat and could also raise the tolerance to make deliberate poisoning less dangerous.

It was even used in cosmetics to whiten the skin.

Was chatting with a relation about arsenic (as you do!) and was reminded of the 1858 Bradford sweets poisoning which killed 21 people and made a further 200 seriously ill.

At the time sugar was often replaced with cheaper alternatives such as powdered gypsum. A confectioner was accidentally sold arsenic trioxide instead - easy mistake to make! - and made up a batch of the fatal humbugs.

GOOD NEWS: This woman called in sick at work (a lie) and went to attend the England / Denmark match. She had such a good time images of her enthusiastic celebration made the news on multiple channels worldwide.
BAD NEWS: Her bosses saw her face plastered all over the news coverage and fired her.
Woman who pulled sickie for Wembley semi-final fired after boss sees her on TV

An England fan who pulled a sickie to watch the Three Lions beat Denmark at Wembley was sacked after her employer spotted her on TV.

Digital content producer Nina Farooqi, 37, pretended to be ill so she could travel from Ilkley, west Yorkshire, to London for the Euro semi-final.

She said her friend had won last-minute tickets through a ballot and that her company was unlikely to give her the day off due to being short-staffed. ...

But heartwarming scenes of Nina and her friend celebrating England’s equalising goal featured on the BBC’s live feed for five seconds and was soon picked up by broadcasters around the world. ...

Nina took a 6am train back up to Yorkshire to get to work on time but received a call later that morning from bosses at Composite Prime, a decking company, telling her not to bother coming in. ...
FULL STORY: https://metro.co.uk/2021/07/09/euro...-sickie-to-watch-wembley-semi-final-14899170/

I don't blame this Canadian man for being angry when confronted with a troublesome situation in checking his luggage. On the other hand, he did himself no favors by getting snide and claiming there was a bomb in his bag. He's lucky he didn't have to face the wrath of all the other passengers disadvantaged by the airport's hours-long lockdown.
Man arrested after fake bomb threat at Florida airport was upset over bag fee, police say

Rather than paying a bag fee he adamantly disagreed with, a Canadian man told an airline employee at the Fort Lauderdale airport in Florida Saturday there was a bomb in his luggage, officials said.

Wegal Rosen’s comment Saturday morning prompted authorities to evacuate three terminals and halt all operations at the Fort-Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport for hours, the Broward Sheriff’s Office said in public records.

Rosen, 74, was arrested and charged with making a false report concerning planting a bomb, explosive or weapon of mass destruction, police said. ...
FULL STORY: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...omb-threat-florida-airport-was-upset-n1273859

I thought Canadians were supposed to be polite. :( And it happened . . . in Florida . . . !
Is this the new normal?

I thought Canadians were supposed to be polite. :( And it happened . . . in Florida . . . !
Is this the new normal?
Yup, a Canadian wrote and recorded a song, United Breaks Guitars, about his mishandled luggage -

While on the ground, a passenger said from the seat behind me
"My God, they're throwing guitars out there"

The band and I exchanged a look, best described as terror
At the action on the tarmac, and knowing whose projectiles these would be
So before I left Chicago, I alerted three employees
Who showed complete indifference towards me

Have we mentioned the TikTok Blackout Challenge?
News story

Involves choking yourself on camera into unconsciousness, then posting the results. Has already claimed the life of a 12-yr-old boy. Don't know if it's still going on, the FT mention in Strange Deaths was from a few months ago. What's next? The shoot yourself challenge?

Have we mentioned the TikTok Blackout Challenge?
News story

Involves choking yourself on camera into unconsciousness, then posting the results. Has already claimed the life of a 12-yr-old boy. Don't know if it's still going on, the FT mention in Strange Deaths was from a few months ago. What's next? The shoot yourself challenge?
That's going down a really dark alley.
People are stupid.

Back