• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Great Acts Of Stupidity

Here's a bloke. 33 years old with a very noisy car - a 3-door Japanese not-special and painted a distinctive lime green.

https://www.northyorkshire.police.u...ay-delivery-driver-caught-in-the-act-by-cops/

Ordered off the road for a time and prevented from delivery jobs in town. A very small town, where the average resident is old enough to be irritated by his noise. In a very distinctive car.
It's a little amusing that he actually posted on the local police page announcing the court result, saying "Hahahah! You can't stop me! I'm taking my car into the garage to be made more noisy!"
1) You drive a distinctive car in a town with about 8000 residents who aren't impressed by your crap car.
2) You claim you're taking it to the garage. What? The garage that's about 1340 meters from your house, you twerp?
3) Yes, the coppers can stop you. Keep up and you'll have your car impounded and ... keep going, twat ... you can do a brief spell in prison for contempt of court (or somesuch).
4) The takeaway might have second-thoughts employing you to deliver food if you have no car to deliver with and they themselves want to keep low key.

Seriously, I wonder that at age 33, why doesn't he grow up?
Yep. We've had the same types on the local fb page. Even posting their vehicle registration for all to see.

Thing is, this is a town with a largely elderly population - I just don't see who he's showing off to.
Sure he might be doing it just to annoy but surely even that must pall after a while.

Israeli TikTok star held on drug trafficking charges in France: 'I didn't know it was illegal'.​

Three young Israeli women were arrested in Paris last week trying to smuggle over 440 lbs. of khat — a plant whose consumption causes a sense of euphoria and is illegal in France.

One of the suspects is TikTok star Chen Elkayam who was arrested in her hotel room after already having completed the drug deal.

"I did nothing wrong. This isn't a date rape drug. I've been branded a drug dealer. I know it's illegal in France but it's just Khat. The hype around this is disproportional"
she said.

But she seems confused, as she then goes on to say; "Since I didn't know it was illegal, I didn't think about fleeing France''.

''I can't wait to get back to Israel so I can tell people exactly what happened."

https://www.ynetnews.com/article/hjfjwfpxn

Surely, when going abroad, you'd check on whether or not certain things were illegal, especially if someone asked you carry loads of it in a suitcase there.
I mean, if someone asked me to convey (eg) a holdall filled with baguettes to some Eastern European country I might get a tad suspicious and check to see if there was some kind of croissant crime in Chechnya.
Khat, while legal in Israel, is illegal pretty much everywhere else, and I'm fairly certain Israelis know that.
Mostly the people going from Israel to other countries with suitcase stuffed full of the stuff are being paid handsomely to do so.
So when that 'Chen Elkayam' said "I didn't know it was illegal" I'm saying it was ....
1679583487816.png

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israe...d-across-europe-while-trying-to-smuggle-khat/

3) Yes, the coppers can stop you. Keep up and you'll have your car impounded and ... keep going, twat ... you can do a brief spell in prison for contempt of court (or somesuch).
4) The takeaway might have second-thoughts employing you to deliver food if you have no car to deliver with and they themselves want to keep low key.
Writing as a former insurance professional:

3) He has a ban. That means that even when his ban expires, he will struggle to get even ordinary insurance at an affordable premium. If he continues to drive without insurance and gets caught again, there is a cumulative effect: it becomes even harder to get insurance, and he gets even stiffer penalties if he drives without it. Eventually, he goes to prison. (So to summarise: he may find he gets it harder and stiffer in prison.)

4) If he is delivering for a takeaway and causes loss or damage whilst doing so, the takeaway may be vicariously liable. In the first instance, they would expect any such claim to be handled by the driver's insurers. If he does not have delivery (or indeed any) insurance, the claim passes to the takeaway. Then the takeaway's insurers will say that the takeaway did not make proper checks and take reasonable precautions - doubly so as this case has been so well publicised locally - and they will refuse the claim. The takeaway ends up liable but with no insurance to cover it and therefore risks going out of business.

Nope, this guy has made himself unemployable in the delivery trade for many years.

Forgive me if someone posted about our Britney Griner, basketball player, actually a male turned female, who went wandering into Russia with a small amount of marijuana, and got a 9 year sentence there. But she was exchanged with a Russian prisoner, so is back home.
Seems odd to fly to any country with some type of drug, but I guess some feel privileged:

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/i...riner-being-freed-us-russia-prisoner-exchange

Forgive me if someone posted about our Britney Griner, basketball player, actually a male turned female, who went wandering into Russia with a small amount of marijuana, and got a 9 year sentence there. But she was exchanged with a Russian prisoner, so is back home.
Seems odd to fly to any country with some type of drug, but I guess some feel privileged:

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/i...riner-being-freed-us-russia-prisoner-exchange

Fascinating and I didn't know Griner was a transexual. Could you give us some links to evidence?

Is that actually true?
She is a lesbian.

From what I can see she's a gay woman, anything else is scurrilous to say the least.
https://theancestory.com/brittney-griner-rumors/
Yes. Scurrilous is a good term - I must use it more often.

I hope that Ms Griner has a thick skin. I doubt if she felt any sort of "privilege" about her cannabis oil; it appears to have been an accidental oversight which she likely regretted deeply: locked up as a pawn in international conflict, worry to her family and friends, loss of income, etc.

She has a hard life with her career - spending months away from her home every year. I didn't know, @Ronny Jersey, that she was wandering in Russia. I thought she went there deliberately to play professional basketball.

I've read many times that she is actually a he.
Look it up.

er... this place discusses things and it's normal to be asked for your sources. Seems a bit dismissive to make an assertion and then tell people to look it up?

I'm sure you've used reputable sources and it'd be fun to see them, I'm always looking for new places to trawl for data.
:twothumbs:

Do you have a pre-existing angle on this? or a position or something?

Last edited:
Replying to @Mikefule and @Floyd1:

Was going to sarcastically explain the various possible meanings of the term 'it' in this context but decided not to open that particular can of worms.

Oh yeah. Still no.

Last edited:
I'd suggest that many travellers do a bit of research on customs and laws before going to any foreign country, especially the more 'problematic' ones. She may've overlooked cannabis oil if she uses it regularly elsewhere but you'd have thought she'd have double-checked everything. Considering Russia's usual reputation for finding any cause for arrest.

I'd suggest that many travellers do a bit of research on customs and laws before going to any foreign country, especially the more 'problematic' ones. She may've overlooked cannabis oil if she uses it regularly elsewhere but you'd have thought she'd have double-checked everything. Considering Russia's usual reputation for finding any cause for arrest.
Coming back from Cairo a few years ago I bought a bottle of Whisky there at the airport, but forgot that you weren't allowed to take fluid over a certain amount into Europe so had to hand it over in Germany. Bloody gutted.

Writing as a former insurance professional:

3) He has a ban. That means that even when his ban expires, he will struggle to get even ordinary insurance at an affordable premium. If he continues to drive without insurance and gets caught again, there is a cumulative effect: it becomes even harder to get insurance, and he gets even stiffer penalties if he drives without it. Eventually, he goes to prison. (So to summarise: he may find he gets it harder and stiffer in prison.)

4) If he is delivering for a takeaway and causes loss or damage whilst doing so, the takeaway may be vicariously liable. In the first instance, they would expect any such claim to be handled by the driver's insurers. If he does not have delivery (or indeed any) insurance, the claim passes to the takeaway. Then the takeaway's insurers will say that the takeaway did not make proper checks and take reasonable precautions - doubly so as this case has been so well publicised locally - and they will refuse the claim. The takeaway ends up liable but with no insurance to cover it and therefore risks going out of business.

Nope, this guy has made himself unemployable in the delivery trade for many years.
Going back to the loud noise of the car mentioned in @Stormkhan's op - we had an idiot (I mentioned it on here) a few years ago, who's exhaust sounded like a shotgun. It took two years before the police caught up with him. (I'm not blaming the police, it's just that we are in a small town and we get the services of half a copper every second Wednesday). I suspect that if it were a larger town or city he would have been sorted out much more quickly by the police and even possibly by the people.
This moron even fired it up at 4.00am one day.

Eventually, he was given a 'section 59' which, your son being a copper, you'll probably know about.
I like to think that his insurance skyrocketed after this.

Back