• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Great Acts Of Stupidity

A Canadian man who announced he was infected with the new coronavirus during a WestJet flight from Toronto to Jamaica on Monday says he was trying to make a viral video, according to a new report from Canada’s Global News. The plane turned around after the man, identified as 28-year-old James Potok, stood up and told other passengers that he was sick. Potok was evaluated and eventually arrested after the plane landed.

https://gizmodo.com/artist-apologizes-for-telling-plane-passengers-hes-infe-1841465775

(Guess he'll be on a few no-fly lists now)

It was definitely viral.

A Canadian man who announced he was infected with the new coronavirus during a WestJet flight from Toronto to Jamaica on Monday says he was trying to make a viral video, according to a new report from Canada’s Global News. The plane turned around after the man, identified as 28-year-old James Potok, stood up and told other passengers that he was sick. Potok was evaluated and eventually arrested after the plane landed.

https://gizmodo.com/artist-apologizes-for-telling-plane-passengers-hes-infe-1841465775

Police in Moscow have arrested a man suspected of imitating a coronavirus victim and collapsing on a metro train as a prank, officials say.

In footage posted online, passengers are seen trying to assist a man in a mask as he stumbles and falls to the floor of a busy train carriage.

They then rush away when he appears to suffer serious convulsions.

The suspect was detained on suspicion of criminal hooliganism and faces up to five years in prison if convicted.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51457610

Bus driver tries to drive under a 12ft bridge – in a double-decker bus. A passenger on the now-non-existent top deck is said to have been unscathed – I guess he saw it coming and threw himself to the floor. Presumably he wasn't on his phone! As for the driver...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...oof-torn-low-bridge-leeman-road-a9324771.html

A few years ago railway bridges that go over roads in Britain were painted up with chevrons and LOW BRIDGE signs. Prannies still run into them though.

Wheelie-popping Edinburgh motorbike yob suffered 'lacerated penis' in horrific high speed crash into family car

Edinburgh Sheriff Court heard McGhee was subsequently treated by medics for various injuries including a ruptured spleen, numerous cuts to his face and the injury to his penis where “the skin had been removed”.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman....-horrific-high-speed-crash-family-car-1995749

IMG_20200229_120046.jpg

Avoid parties held by social influencers.

Three people have died after dry ice was poured into a swimming pool at a party in Moscow on Friday.

The victims were connected to Instagram influencer Yekaterina Didenko, who was celebrating her 29th birthday at the pool complex in the city's south. Dry ice had been dumped in the pool after guests exiting the sauna complained it was too warm. Ms Didenko's husband is reportedly among the dead.

In an earlier video message, the blogger, looking shaken and distressed, said he had been been rushed to intensive care. All the victims are said to be aged about 30.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51680049

Also avoid parties with lots of dry ice. There was a story a few years ago where a commercial radio station had staged a contest to see who among their listeners could sit on blocks of dry ice the longest. All the contestants ended up in hospital with scarring on their buttocks.

Also avoid parties with lots of dry ice. There was a story a few years ago where a commercial radio station had staged a contest to see who among their listeners could sit on blocks of dry ice the longest. All the contestants ended up in hospital with scarring on their buttocks.

Oh no, that sounds awful! And stupid too of course.

Talk of dry ice reminds me of the student who drank a cocktail with the stuff in and suffered such serious internal injuries she had to have her stomach removed.

Scarring to the buttocks due to the cold also reminds me of a patient I used to look after whose bum had a strong blue tinge. Not all over, it looked as if she'd sat in some ink. I never got to the, er, bottom of that.

This incident would be mock-worthy for the drug involvement alone, but it would appear she may be a COVID-19 burnout casualty as well ...
Woman Asked Cops To Test Meth For Virus

Iowan was worried stash was contaminated with COVID-19

Worried that her methamphetamine was contaminated, an Iowa woman drove to police headquarters and asked cops to check her stash for the coronavirus, according to court records.

Shawn Salmen, 53, arrived at the Sioux City Police Department Sunday afternoon and reportedly admitted to officers that she recently used meth. Which appeared obvious since the paranoid Salmen was sweating profusely and acting erratically, cops say.

While speaking with police, Salmen “was requesting officers to check her narcotics for the COVID-19 Virus,” a criminal complaint states.

During a subsequent pat down of Salmen and a search of her truck, cops recovered 14.4 grams of meth, marijuana, and “a large amount of drug paraphernalia.” ...

According to her Facebook page, Salmen ... works as a psychiatric-mental health nurse practitioner for two medical centers. In a March 28 post, Salmen implored her Facebook followers to “WAKE THE FUCK UP” and take social distancing seriously. ...

“I go to work and bring happiness to my residents and come home. I don't go to stores. I spend my nights at home,” Salmen wrote. “For everyone I see driving around that is not taking the shelter in place seriously pisses me off.”

FULL STORY: http://thesmokinggun.com/documents/bizarre/iowa-meth-test-712038

He’s had some horrific injuries, saw him fall off a building and go through a canopy, breaking his neck in the process.

Saw Jackie in that Irish film he made recently and noticed he had a stuntman stand in for him in places. At first I thought, aw, what a swizz, then I thought, no, fair enough, he's paid his dues and can finally be sensible.

Saw Jackie in that Irish film he made recently and noticed he had a stuntman stand in for him in places. At first I thought, aw, what a swizz, then I thought, no, fair enough, he's paid his dues and can finally be sensible.
The Medallion? I think it’s more to do with the amount of money invested in these films rather than his earlier ones, they simply can’t afford to have the leading man incapacitated.

Yeah, Jackie is really feeling those injuries as he ages. I saw him interviewed about it.

Isn't he pushing 70?

It's a common thing in action movies.

Back