• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Great Acts Of Stupidity

I was in a meeting the other week and announced I was not missing the daily commute and the fact I didn’t have to wear trousers to a meeting was a bonus. All of my colleagues in the meeting looked shocked so I said I was just joking and stood up to demonstrate I did in fact have trousers on. I had a virtual background on as well and when my face left the area of the camera it decided I wasn’t there at all and vanished me completely from the screen thus foiling my attempt to show my trousers!
Ms Petes reports that on a video conference call someone she knows was on, the MD of the company was seen to throw his cat across the room. One of the contributors reported him and the cat was removed from the home. Got onto the media so I expect he is now getting what he deserved (hope so anyway).

Ms Petes reports that on a video conference call someone she knows was on, the MD of the company was seen to throw his cat across the room. One of the contributors reported him and the cat was removed from the home. Got onto the media so I expect he is now getting what he deserved (hope so anyway).

Estate agents, by any chance? I ask because I can see a scenario where you might want to physically demonstrate the fact that, yes, in fact there is enough room to swing one.

Next thing you know this will behind a velvet rope or glass...

Tourist caught on video accidentally breaking toe off 19th century statue
A clumsy tourist was caught on CCTV accidentally snapping the toes off a 200-year-old sculpture while posing for a photo.

The tourist, who has been revealed as a 50-year-old man from Austria, had been leaning against the artwork at the Gypsotheca Antonio Canova museum in Possagno, in northern Italy.
The sculpture was a plaster cast model of famed sculptor Antonio Canova’s Paolina Borghese Bonaparte as Venus Victrix.
https://www.news.com.au/travel/trav...e/news-story/1dbdfc6c9f77b0ec1436c7733d7a7375

Not funny, Kita ...
Man who feigned coronavirus at town hall gets suspended sentence

A court found a 38-year-old man guilty Tuesday for obstructing business at a town hall in April by acting like a person infected with the coronavirus and attempting to spread it to workers.

The Nagoya District Court gave Norikazu Kita an 18-month prison term, suspended for three years, with Presiding Judge Takahiro Iwami saying Kita's action at the Oharu town hall "lacked prudence in light of the serious impact coronavirus is having on the society."

But Iwami said the court handed down a suspended sentence as Kita had shown remorse. Prosecutors had sought an 18-month prison term for the accused, who said in a previous hearing that he had simply "wanted to surprise the workers."

According to the ruling, Kita went to the Oharu town hall in Aichi Prefecture at around 10:25 a.m. on April 17, and made comments such as "I have coronavirus" and "I have tested positive" to workers on the first-floor lobby. The town hall was temporarily closed due to his behavior. ...

SOURCE: https://japantoday.com/category/cri...onavirus-at-town-hall-gets-suspended-sentence

Unavailable in Europe.

Maybe you can access this - the source from which the site linked above got the story ...
Gun Enthusiasts Celebrate Man Who Shot Himself in the Balls as Their King

Back in May, we wrote about a group of gun enthusiasts who love taking pictures of loaded weapons pointed at their dicks. On a long enough timeline, one of them was inevitably going to accidentally discharge their weapon, and on Tuesday, that appears to be exactly what happened to one member in the San Diego area.

A member of a Facebook group dedicated to taking pictures of loaded weapons pointed at dicks finally shot himself in the balls, according to bloody pictures and video he posted on social media and the Imperial County Sheriff's Office, which confirmed the incident to Motherboard. Rather than step back and start questioning whether the practice is wise, the group made him an administrator and are now celebrating him as their king. ...

SOURCE: https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/...n-who-shot-himself-in-the-balls-as-their-king

Maybe you can access this - the source from which the site linked above got the story ...

SOURCE: https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/...n-who-shot-himself-in-the-balls-as-their-king

That's just the sort of free spirited blue-sky can-do attitude needed in today's America. Hats off to these free thinking gentlemen - I'm assuming women so far haven't been tempted to point loaded firearms at their nether regions & post pictures - leading the way on a shining path to a bright future.

Why relying on amateurs on the internet is not a great idea. The Scots language Wiki has been revealed to have been around 50% written by an American teenager in California who identifies as a Christian Brony furry, and basically has invented masses of the entries in cod-Scots.
News story

Or pidgin Scots, if you prefer. Or Groundskeeper Willie Scots, to be more accurate. He would prevent corrections by actual Scots speakers. A lot of people are taking this very seriously as "cultural vandalism". He's very sorry. He's also very stupid.

Extending yourself out through a moving vehicle's sunroof? Ill-advised ...
Doing this inside a parking garage? Deadly ...
Teen dies after incident while hanging out of sunroof of moving SUV in downtown parking garage

A 17-year-old died after hitting his head on a beam or falling out of the car in a downtown St. Louis parking garage while hanging out of the sunroof.

The incident happened just after 11:00 p.m. Saturday in a garage in the 1000 block of Spruce. Police said the teen was inside a white SUV that was being driven by an 18-year-old woman. A 14-year-old girl, the17-year-old and a 26-year-old man were hanging out of the sunroof when the incident occurred.

The driver then sped from the scene, leaving the victims behind.

The 17-year-old was taken to a hospital in critical but unstable condition. He succumbed to his injuries on Wednesday. ...

The 14-year-old was taken to a hospital in critical but stable condition. The 26-year-old victim was listed as stable when he was taken to hospital. ...

SOURCE: https://www.kmov.com/news/teen-dies...cle_3660406c-eae0-11ea-87c4-eb35a52db15a.html

Last edited:
This university student abandoned his flat months ago due to lockdown measures. He neglected to close the window when he left.
If he'd given more of a crap in leaving he'd have faced a lot less crap upon his return.
A student was left horrified after he returned to university after the coronavirus lockdown to find his flat had been invaded by pigeons.

Oluwageorge Johnson, 20, had to leave his student halls in Nottingham suddenly in March before lockdown.

Last week, he received an email saying accommodation workers had found his flat covered in pigeon droppings, with eggs in the sink and a chick among his clothes.

FULL STORY (With Photos):
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...months-later-discover-PIGEONS-invaded-it.html

Here's a great spot for a photo

At the aptly named Birling Gap

RNLI coxwain Mark Sawyer said authorities understood it was a beautiful place with stunning views.
But he said the cliffs were crumbling and could fall at any time.

Mr Sawyer said: "It does look fine from the top but what [people] can't see - as we do from the lifeboats - [is] how it's underpinned.

"They can't see the erosion underneath them. There's some huge holes underneath the earth and the grass up there.

"There's no chalk at all. It's a matter of time before those cliffs go."

People on cliff edge

The single biggest cause of serious Yellowstone Park visitor injuries is being careless around the thermal areas (geysers, hot springs). Nonetheless, visitors attempt to use these dangerous features to cook.
Idaho Falls man, two others in hot water after chickens found in Yellowstone hot spring

An Idaho Falls man and two others were in hot water after being found with cooking pots and two chickens in a thermal area of Yellowstone National Park.

A ranger received reports on Aug. 7 that a group was hiking toward Shoshone Geyser Basin with cooking pots, a park spokeswoman told EastIdahoNews.com Friday. The ranger responded and discovered two whole chickens in a burlap sack sitting in a hot spring with a cooking pot nearby.

The ranger spoke with the group of 10, including a child. The Idaho Falls man and two others were cited for foot travel in a thermal area. He was also ordered to appear in a Mammoth Hot Springs court. ...

The man pleaded guilty to the citation on Sept. 10, in addition to a charge for violating closures and use limits. He was ordered to pay a $600 fine for each charge and will serve two years of unsupervised probation. During that time, he is banned from Yellowstone National Park.

This isn’t the first time park visitors have been in trouble for trying to cook chicken near a geyser. In 2001, a Seattle television show host and producer dug a hole in the park to show how natural heat could cook chicken. The show was reportedly fined $150 and placed on two-year probation for disturbing mineral deposits in a national park and stepping off trails near steaming geysers.

Traveling off boardwalks or designated trails in hydrothermal areas, along with placing anything into thermal features, is prohibited in Yellowstone. Hot springs have injured or killed more people in the park than any other natural feature, according to Yellowstone’s website.

SOURCE: https://www.eastidahonews.com/2020/...chickens-are-found-in-yellowstone-hot-spring/

Re Bitcoin: Waste of money, yea, cause the council NEVER do that do they, it's cause they wont be getting a share, personally.

By any standards this is an act of great stupidity.

You'd have thought that if you're on a recall to prison warrant, you might want to keep a low profile and fly under the radar. Or you could decide to cycle down the hard shoulder of a motorway towing a trailer that advertises your destination. I really think we need better education in this country...

There are a lot of people who exist in a twilight world of Home Detention, Prison, Parole, etc and they cycle between them. So breaching parole conditions is not such a big deal to them or they would argue that they didn't breach their conditions in the first place - even if they did.

I suspect this person was on his way to a big score or a caper they couldn't turn down or more likely just forgot about their probation conditions.

Most of these people are pretty fucked up by years of drug abuse. They have a major sense of entitlement and never accept responsibility. Also if they are out and about on HD or parole they are probably fucked up on something which doesn't help with decision-making.

They generally don't make good choices and this sort of stuff isn't uncommon.

Last edited:
I've just finished watching this on Facebook. Underneath it someone commented, 'Never trust a science teacher without eyebrows.'
There is much wisdom in that statement.

Reminds me of this terrible accident -
(Safe Guardian link)
Experience: I was blinded by a school science experiment

Throughout my childhood, I had 20:20 vision. But two weeks before my 12th birthday, in my first year of secondary school in Cheshire, my teacher asked me to conduct a science experiment, and gave me a pestle and mortar.

I was told to measure three kinds of powder: black, orange and white. I did as I was told, but when I mixed them together, they exploded. I saw the flash, and then, what seemed like ages later, I heard the supersonic bang.

Molten lava hit me in the face, but I felt no pain.
etc

This incident led to major safety measures being urgently imposed on Cheshire school science lessons and was still being used as an awful example when the former Mr Snail became a science teacher. I personally came up with a system for storing and keeping track of the safety goggles everyone had to wear in his department's labs.

Looks like people are still stupid though. :eek:

BMW driver kills relative after driving around warning barriers and into path of oncoming train

In Houston, Texas

Green is said to have ignored the railroad crossing arms – which were in the ‘down’ position – and drove past two cars waiting in front of her to cross the tracks.

Green then drove straight into the path of an oncoming Amtrak train, which struck her X3 SUV and hurled Clay out of the car to her death. An online database lists the two women as members of the same family, although it is unclear how they are related.

This is quite surprising:

An Amtrak spokesman urged drivers, cyclists and pedestrians to heed crossing barriers, and said that around 2,000 Americans are killed in level crossing accidents each year.

Back