• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Great Acts Of Stupidity

German KFC has special "Kristallnacht" action: More cheese on your chicken on Kristallnacht:

1668109356794.png

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-63499057

OK, this is fascinatingly bizarre. I wonder how the error actually happened. Wtf? WTF?!?

KFC has issued an apology and claimed the issuance of a Kristallnacht special ad was the result of an automated system that issues such special offers on dates marked as observances in its calendar database (in this case, observances recognized in Germany). It apparently isn't configured to discriminate between happy and sad observances.

KFC has issued an apology and claimed the issuance of a Kristallnacht special ad was the result of an automated system that issues such special offers on dates marked as observances in its calendar database (in this case, observances recognized in Germany). It apparently isn't configured to discriminate between happy and sad observances.

Thanks, EG, as always. I thought something like this must be the case, but decided it was unlikely that a major corporation would not have a live person reviewing advertisements before they were released. Perhaps now they will.

'Sally : I am a sex worker I don't know how this thread showed up on my feed but I love it very much.'
Yes I saw that too. I wonder is it (1) real or (2) clever spam marketing of services.

This tourist in Bali wasn't taking the photos of himself himself, so this doesn't qualify for the dangerous selfies thread. Instead, this guy had a tour guide take photos of him posing at the edge of a cliff. Then he decided to try a flip (somersault) ...
Tourist narrowly survives 130-foot fall off cliff in Bali

A tourist in Bali has survived a massive cliffside fall after attempting a somersault.

The man had been posing for photos at the edge of the cliff while in Nusa Penida before attempting a flip and landing some 130 feet below.

Police said a tour guide was taking photos of the man at the popular tourist destination before his stunt backfired.

Local media reported that emergency services were called but were hindered by the dangerous terrain surrounding the cliff.

Nusa Penida Search and Rescue Alert Unit said operators attempted reaching the man by boat but were blocked by waves.

Head of Bali Basarnas Office Gede Darmada said one rescuer was able to drop down from the cliffside and stretcher the man out.

“We received information at around 10.00 WITA. The eyewitness was a tour guide. The victim is said to have taken a photo doing some flips,” he said ...

he man was taken to hospital suffering serious leg injuries.

“He fell from there,” a man’s voice can be heard in a video filming the aftermath.

“He’s broken his leg and his arm and how the f–k he survived, I can’t tell you.” ...
SOURCE (With Photos): https://nypost.com/2022/11/25/tourist-narrowly-survives-130-foot-fall-off-cliff-in-bali/

"I want to do a somersault at the edge of a cliff!"
"Isn't that dangerous?"
"Yeah - but it'll make a great tictok/instragram photo!"
*sigh*
YOLO - You Only Live Once - can be taken two ways: either do something risky as you may never have another chance, or you've only one life - don't throw it away for a social media stunt.

"I want to do a somersault at the edge of a cliff!"
"Isn't that dangerous?"
"Yeah - but it'll make a great tictok/instragram photo!"
*sigh*
YOLO - You Only Live Once - can be taken two ways: either do something risky as you may never have another chance, or you've only one life - don't throw it away for a social media stunt.
Nah- let them get on with it......

Climate activists glue themselves to plaster. Three could be removed. But one mixed the glue with sand. THis means his hand could not de de-glued, but the surrounding plaster had to be cut out. Watch to the end to see that.

I love this comment :cool:
Glue a traffic cone to his head, construction fence around it, put warning triangle on the roadway and let him stick until he frees himself.
Please with 24h livestream on all channels.

Last edited:
Climate activists glue themselves to plaster. Three could be removed. But one mixed the glue with sand. THis means his hand could not de de-glued, but the surrounding plaster had to be cut out. Watch to the end to see that.

Glue a traffic cone to his head, construction fence around it, put warning triangle on the roadway and let him stick until he frees himself.

Looks more like asphalt than plaster.

Non native speaker + lazy translation from German: Pflaster = paving stuff.

I hope he gets the bill for that, idiot

This young man - suspected of being a climate change activist - invaded the Laver Cup tennis court and started a small fire on the court surface. In doing so, he also managed to set fire to his arm - making himself cry out and look like a total fool. He was quickly carried off by security personnel.

FULL STORY (With Video & More Photos): https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/19901499/fan-fire-laver-cup-02-arena-tennis/
Darn this hair remover is getting everywhere, I will never listen to my mates again

https://www.11alive.com/article/new...ients/85-2b9c8730-9949-4e1c-b5e3-2be4de04e297

Emory Hospital nurses no longer employed after viral TikTok mocking expecting mothers​

It was viewed over 100,000 times before being deleted on the social media platform.

ATLANTA — Multiple nurses at Emory University Hospital Midtown are no longer employed after a viral TikTok video surfaced of them criticizing labor and delivery patients.

In the video, several nurses are seen talking about "Labor and Delivery Icks," where they take turns mocking patients and complaining about what annoys each of them most about different expecting mothers at the hospital.

"Saying you don't want any pain medicine, no epidural, but you are at an 8 out of 10 pain" one nurse said.

Multiple other labor and delivery nurses chime in throughout the 52-second video posted nearly a week ago. It was viewed over 100,000 times before being deleted on the social media platform.

"When we've already told you to push the call light, but every five minutes, your family members comes up to the front desk asking for something else," another nurse said.

Another nurse complained about mother's asking the nurse how much their baby weighs "when it is still in their hands."

Emory Healthcare released a statement on their Facebook page saying that they are aware of the video, calling the comments "disrespectful and unprofessional." They announced they have "taken appropriate actions with the former employees responsible for the video."

The statement also explained the fact that no patient should ever feel like they are not being taken care of by nurses with the proper care and respect.

"Every patient at Emory Healthcare deserves to be cared for by a compassionate, experienced team in a comfortable and safe environment," the statement read in part.

The TikTok received much criticism from other users in the comments section after it was posted, with many people wondering how those in charge of the well-being and health of others could post the video they did.

"This is sad and concerning...I went out of my way to leave my nurses great surveys but if I found out this is how they thought I would be so upset," one user said in the comments to the video that has been circulating from other users on TikTok.

Another person stressed their concerns for mothers and families of those expecting children, noting the high-importance of safety during the giving-birth process.

"Hearing this from L&D professionals makes me sad because these are families going through something stressful and life changing," the person said.

Emory Healthcare did not release the names of the nurses that appeared in the video.

Scottish university ridiculed over trigger warning applied to Peter Pan
What kid of country have we become when we need trigger warnings on Peter Pan, The Railway Children and the Narnia books?

https://www.scotsman.com/education/...jYfu1yVQAbcDJIw9Ttx31Vee61x3aI3K3jPRoAHU295AY
As someone who's childhood was punctuated by traumas caused by so-called 'children's' books and films (Bambi, Black Beauty (Ginger! :*( ), Old Yeller, The Yearling, Watership Down, Run Wild, Run Free, Tarka the Otter, The Fox and the Hound, Ring of Bright Water, etc etc..), I'm sure my parents would have appreciated that, rather than deal with an inconsolably weeping child on a regular basis :(

As someone who's childhood was punctuated by traumas caused by so-called 'children's' books and films (Bambi, Black Beauty (Ginger! :*( ), Old Yeller, The Yearling, Watership Down, Run Wild, Run Free, Tarka the Otter, The Fox and the Hound, Ring of Bright Water, etc etc..), I'm sure my parents would have appreciated that, rather than deal with an inconsolably weeping child on a regular basis :(
Worse than that, I read Lord of the Rings when about 10 years old. I've needed counselling ever since and at 65 I'm still not over it.

Last edited:
Scottish university ridiculed over trigger warning applied to Peter Pan
What kid of country have we become when we need trigger warnings on Peter Pan, The Railway Children and the Narnia books?

https://www.scotsman.com/education/...jYfu1yVQAbcDJIw9Ttx31Vee61x3aI3K3jPRoAHU295AY
Though was the trigger warning for the concerned parents or those who grab the 'potential' offense for personal advertisement?
Think on it; I'm not dismissing some people's experience of childhood trauma - all too real - but the parents of the current generation of kids were raised with no trigger warnings for classic literature of children - we (and they) I'm sure can differentiate between fiction and reality. I suspect such actions are to head off a very vocal minority of activists that take it upon themselves as being offended on other people's behalf - they're the modern equivalent of Mary Whitehouse with internet access.

Back