Green Puppy Born In North Carolina

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
It's apparently a temporary side effect of the mother dog's pregnancy, but it still took the owners aback ...

GreenPuppy-NC-2020.jpg

Not easy being green: North Carolina dog births unique puppy

The Avengers may have gained a canine sidekick after a North Carolina family’s dog gave birth to a bright green puppy named “Hulk.”

Gypsy, a white shepherd owned by Haywood County resident Shana Stamey, delivered eight puppies Friday morning. Gypsy’s three-hour labor was going smoothly until the fourth puppy came out as a small, but mighty tuft of lime green fur, Stamey said.

“I started freaking out,” Stamey told news outlets. “But everybody was healthy.”

Experts said there’s a normal explanation for the puppy’s coloration — and no, he wasn’t exposed to any gamma rays. Liquid from inside Gypsy’s stomach likely stained the white dog’s fur during pregnancy, Suzanne Cianciulli, the manager of Junaluska Animal Hospital in Waynesville, told news outlets.

Regular baths and daily licks from Gypsy are expected to fade Hulk’s green hue in a few weeks, Stamey said. ...
FULL STORY: https://apnews.com/ebd51f15786dda74e2d84ea76cfcf8cc

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Liquid from inside Gypsy’s stomach likely stained the white dog’s fur during pregnancy
I'm not having that. No liquid can escape from a pregnant dog's stomach into her uterus and stain the fur of just one of her pups.