• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Grey, Swirling Mass

Sabresonic

Justified & Ancient
As someone has already posted a few days ago about Black Swirling Mass then I give you me story and I try to keep it as basic as possible as I suffer from Mild Dyslexia so I will try my best.

My Mothers old house was a Victorian house in the North East village of Tynemouth and the property had some strange events after her boyfriend had opened up the attics back in 1981 as he was up in the attics with no light bulb in when he came running down swearing something brushed past him but that could of been him thinking it.

The other 2 was when my sister and now sadly deceased brother were babysitting me in 1982 and they had some friends round and were smoking the good old Bob Hope when there were 3 knocks on the living room door and no one was outside ( too our knowledge) but that could of been a friends prank who got in and then let himself out as it was a bit like The Young Ones which was on at the time.

The 3rd was my mother was hovering up in 1985 in the attics and for a brief 2nd in the corner of her eye she said she say a young girl who looked like a servant girl as downstairs from the attics there is a servant button in the living room.

1987 was the tear I moved into the attics after both my brother and sister moved out and saw nothing until the summer of 1990 as on a Monday night I had just got in from riding my Vespa as for a short time I was in a Scooter Club but by 1990 the scene to me was dead as unlike the heyday of the 1980s with Mods and then the Scooterboy Scene right uphill the late 80s but sadly by 1990 the scene looked tired and old as every 18 year old youth was into Rave or the Manchester type bands.

Anyway I came into my bedroom sober as I had been out to the Red House pub in Newcastle for a Scooter meet up and I turned my light off and went into bed and right by the foot of the bed mattress high was a swirling mist like fog that resembled very strong sea waves and height and width was like a Basketball and it was just a swirling away like energy but I didn't freak out and run down stairs to my mother and her boyfriend I just turned the light back on and but the pillow over my head and went to sleep but after a few hours the light was pissing me off so I got up and turned the light off and the swirling THING was gone.

A few weeks later I been out of the drink on Brown Ale and got into my bedroom very merry and and turned the light off and saw the mist in the same location but being full of the dutch courage I told it to Fuck off and passed out on my bed.Throughout that summer I can't recall if it was 2 more times or more but I say it both sober at night and merry in the same spot but it never bothered me and just took it for what it was but I would love to see it now but when your young its music, girls and drinking and only when you get older and don't witness what you saw in your young days you really regret not doing anything like putting your hand through it.

Saturday 22nd December me and my friend Chris was off to the Xmas Scooter do in Whitley Bay and as Chris was from Cramlington I said he could sleep on the spare mattress which I put out on the bottom of my bed after the do instead of spending a fortune on a taxi,So that night we get to sleep and the next morning Chris said to me he woke up in the middle of the night and he saw all these moving like mist above his head ?
So there it is and for years I wanted to tell people on the net about it but with my problem with grammar and trying to explain it with a keyboard unlike when I tell it to others in person but never got to the bottom of it sadly but I hope someone might have something positive to say about my post....all the best.

Last edited:
Thank you for making the effort to share your experience by typing it out, Sabresonic! It adds more information about this weird Fortean aspect of reality!

I thought it was pretty hilarious how you apparently felt so unthreatened by it, that once you just put your head under the pillow, and the other time you told it to fuck off :). And it's interesting that you note you saw it during different states of consciousness, sober and drunk (although maybe both tired?).
And much more interesting that your friend saw it too, in the same room, in the same place! I mean surely that's the clincher isn't it, that there's something objectively real about the misty thing, and it wasn't just something experienced by you for whatever reason.

I liked the knocks on the door too. Three always seems like a good number (too many to be accidental, but enough to know you really heard it and from what direction.

Excellent account, thank you for that. (And you certainly don't need to apologise for the style, it's as clear as a bell and very engagingly written)

Last edited:
I often wonder if it was one of this things-
1. A Spirit and wonder if I watched it for longer it might manifest into something.
2. Extraterrestrial like the E.T. in the 1980s ITV kids show like Chocky as I just thought that's what it sort of looked like
3. Some sort of natural visible gas or vapour.

Great post Sabresonic, you write well! I really got the feel of what it was like for you. Interesting that you didn't panic .... I wonder if that is significant?

Sollywos x

Great post Sabresonic, you write well! I really got the feel of what it was like for you. Interesting that you didn't panic .... I wonder if that is significant?

Sollywos x
And hear I'm today 30 years later wondering what it was and still none of the wiser sadly :(

Back