• Sorry, I don't understand the question

Votes: 14 14.4%
  • I'm a Mod; I think adding silly polls to chat threads is pointless

Votes: 7 7.2%

• Total voters

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
Psychedelics could be interesting as well. Psych Pensioners. I’d quite like to find a liberty cap supplier now for occasional use. Haven’t done them for decades - don’t think I can be arsed to go & pick ‘em as per decades ago.
They always used to make me vomit, always had a good trip afterwards though, blotter LSD was always preferable though :pop:

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
A growing number of "grandfluencers" (social media 'influencers' aged 70+) are having success in making connections and attracting followers of all ages.
Social media’s 70-up ‘grandfluencers’ debunking aging myths

Joan MacDonald’s health was in shambles at age 71. She was overweight and on numerous medications with high cholesterol, rising blood pressure and kidney trouble.

Her daughter, a fitness coach, warned that she’d wind up an invalid if she didn’t turn things around. She did, hitting the gym for the first time and learning to balance her diet with the help of a brand new tool, an iPhone.

Now 75, MacDonald is a hype beast for health with a bodybuilder’s physique and 1.4 million loyal followers on Instagram.

She’s among a growing number of “grandfluencers,” folks 70 and up who have amassed substantial followings on social media with the help of decades-younger fans. ...

“It’s so rare to find someone her age being able to do all these things,” said one of her admirers, 18-year-old Marianne Zapata of Larchmont, New York. “It’s just such a positive thing to even think about.”

Both aspirational and inspirational, older influencers are turning their digital platforms into gold.

MacDonald has paid partnerships with the sportswear and supplement brand Women’s Best, and the stress-busting device Sensate. And she just launched her own health and fitness app not so many years after learning how to use digital technology herself.

On TikTok, four friends who go by @oldgays — the youngest is 65 — have 2.2 million followers, including Rihanna. They have an endorsement deal with Grindr as they delight fans with their clueless answers to pop culture questions.

Others focus on beauty and style, setting up Amazon closets with their go-to looks and putting on makeup tutorials live. Lagetta Wayne, at 78, has teens asking her to be their grandmother as she tends to her vegetables and cooks them up ... on TikTok. ...

Most people ages 50 and up use technology to stay connected to friends and family, according to a 2019 survey by AARP. ...

Just 37% of those 70 and older used social media daily in 2019, the research showed. Since coronavirus struck, older creators have expanded their horizons beyond mainstay Facebook and gotten more voracious, often driven by the growing number of feeds by people their own age, said Alison Bryant, senior vice president for AARP. ...
FULL STORY: https://apnews.com/article/technolo...social-media-ad807323409a8a0065fcd58e3f710eca

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score

Mungoman

Mostly harmless...
Reaction score
I can dig it...but, I'll stick with ProgRock and other such stuff.

charliebrown

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Some people live with chronic diseases and seem to do fairly well.

I know men who keep going with prostate cancer a long time.

But my wife’s friend who had aplastic anemia, the disease came roaring back and she only lived just days.

So, try to enjoy life.