• Total voters

Vardoger

Make mine a 99
Reaction score
1632668623427.png

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Today, getting ready for a bike ride, I grabbed my helmet and jammed it on my head.

BANG! It bounced off.
I'd already put one on but had no memory of doing it. :rolleyes:

Edit - I wrote had no memory of doing it rather than 'but forgot' is that I'd done it so automatically that I didn't even know which one I'd put on. This is despite the fact that I'd've had to unclip it from the banister where I keep them.
I still can't recall doing any of this. :chuckle:

Last week one day I went outside, all kitted up, for a ride and Techy said 'You're not wearing your specs then?'
I'd taken them off, put them down and forgotten all about them. Wouldn't be surprised if the old marbles are rolling.

Last edited:

Bad Bungle

Glass of rum 'n' uncanny.
Reaction score
Got on a fairly crowded Tube this evening - bloke in paint-splattered work clothes and wooly hat got my attention and rose to give me his seat.
I declined but thanked him profusely.
Cheeky c**t.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Got on a fairly crowded Tube this evening - bloke in paint-splattered work clothes and wooly hat got my attention and rose to give me his seat.
I declined but thanked him profusely.
Cheeky c**t.
It's nice that some people are still polite like this.

Iris

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
When you get to the top of the escalator at the shopping centre if the trolley is a bit heavy you need to give it a bit of an extra push.
I didn't have a lot in it yesterday but a passing cleaner reached over and pulled it up for me.
I thanked him very much and wondered if I looked a bit feeble although I didn't feel it.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
When you get to the top of the escalator at the shopping centre if the trolley is a bit heavy you need to give it a bit of an extra push.
I didn't have a lot in it yesterday but a passing cleaner reached over and pulled it up for me.
I thanked him very much and wondered if I looked a bit feeble although I didn't feel it.
Cleaners are the unsung heroes. They see EVERYTHING and know ALL THERE IS TO KNOW.

Bad Bungle

Reaction score
Went into Work on my day off on Thursday for three reasons: invited to Finance Director's retirement lunch; colleague was still off sick; no metal detecting that day. Had a dicky tummy and there was a lot of blood in the morning motions - sufficiently alarming to phone my GP for advice. Surprisingly she actually offered me a face-to-face (as opposed to arse-to-phone) appointment to put my mind at rest. But I never got there. Collapsed on train back, but luckily fell on top of a First Responder (ambulance) and he and his mate dragged me off onto a platform. Came round sitting literally in a puddle of blood. 12 hours on a gurney in A&E, 36 hours in a bed and then caught a bus (stood wearing my manky trousers) to get back to my motorbike and home 3 hours ago to do some laundry.
Growing old bit ? I'm wearing an adult nappy, watching the rain out of my window and still reckon I might have enough petrol in the tank to go metal detecting tomorrow.

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
Went into Work on my day off on Thursday for three reasons: invited to Finance Director's retirement lunch; colleague was still off sick; no metal detecting that day. Had a dicky tummy and there was a lot of blood in the morning motions - sufficiently alarming to phone my GP for advice. Surprisingly she actually offered me a face-to-face (as opposed to arse-to-phone) appointment to put my mind at rest. But I never got there. Collapsed on train back, but luckily fell on top of a First Responder (ambulance) and he and his mate dragged me off onto a platform. Came round sitting literally in a puddle of blood. 12 hours on a gurney in A&E, 36 hours in a bed and then caught a bus (stood wearing my manky trousers) to get back to my motorbike and home 3 hours ago to do some laundry.
Growing old bit ? I'm wearing an adult nappy, watching the rain out of my window and still reckon I might have enough petrol in the tank to go metal detecting tomorrow.
Jeez, you ok?

charliebrown

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Bad Bungle,

I know it is none of my business, but why are you bleeding ?

Naughty_Felid

kneesy earsy nosey
Reaction score

If someone else had written this what would you be saying to them about going out metal detecting tomorrow? That Roman horde will still be there next week. Put your feet up.

Bad Bungle

Reaction score
If someone else had written this what would you be saying to them about going out metal detecting tomorrow? That Roman horde will still be there next week. Put your feet up.
I know, but I've had my feet up for nearly 48 hours which is more rest as I normally get in a week. If it wasn't for the low level of petrol and the windy-pops roulette, I'd be out there.

Naughty_Felid

kneesy earsy nosey
Reaction score
I know, but I've had my feet up for nearly 48 hours which is more rest as I normally get in a week. If it wasn't for the low level of petrol and the windy-pops roulette, I'd be out there.

Bleeding from the bum usually looks worse than it is. You've still lost a bit though and had some weird shit happened as a result. like the rest of us, you are no spring chicken. I reckon take it easy and listen to this podcast.

https://www.historyextra.com/period/prehistoric/inside-prehistoric-mind-podcast-francis-pryor/

and put off the bloody metal detecting for a few days.

I worry that in 5 years that this forum will be full of Rynners. :(:rolleyes::willy:

Bad Bungle

Reaction score
I worry that in 5 years that this forum will be full of Rynners. :(:rolleyes::willy:
Not been here long enough to know if that's a compliment or a reproach - suspect latter. Am going into work tomorrow to pick up Monthly Recharge raw data and then back home to look for petrol.

Bad Bungle

Reaction score
Had an animated and escalating conversation with my Buildings Officer this morning (positioning of my dry ice bin), which ended with her ordering me to go home. Text from my boss just now telling me not to come back for the rest of the week. I know they're joking but I think I will take tomorrow easy.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Had an animated and escalating conversation with my Buildings Officer this morning (positioning of my dry ice bin), which ended with her ordering me to go home. Text from my boss just now telling me not to come back for the rest of the week. I know they're joking but I think I will take tomorrow easy.
Did you tell your boss about your health issues? Just wondering why they've ordered you to stay at home.

Bad Bungle

Reaction score
Did you tell your boss about your health issues? Just wondering why they've ordered you to stay at home.
'cos I look like shit and they may have noticed I lost out on 10 days paid leave at the end of last month. Need something called a sick note ?

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
'cos I look like shit and they may have noticed I lost out on 10 days paid leave at the end of last month. Need something called a sick note ?
Oh dear, poor you! Get well soon.

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Just curious - what do you use the dry ice for?

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
Happy Birthday Ron! May you continue to escape the Grim Reaper!

A pilot who escaped a prisoner of war camp after being captured in Allied attempts to end World War Two early has celebrated his 100th birthday.

Ron Johnson's first operational flight came in the 1944 battle for the bridge at Arnhem and he was taken prisoner after being shot by a sniper in subsequent fighting at Oosterbeek. He later escaped and hid "with a few biscuits" until he was rescued.

He said despite his age, he was "still feeling hale and hearty".

Mr Johnson, from Shrivenham, Swindon, was held in reserve on D-Day and flew during Operation Market Garden, an attempt to capture a series of bridges over rivers and canals on the Dutch/German border, in September 1944. The failure of the operation was famously retold in the 1977 film A Bridge Too Far.

The glider pilot was injured in subsequent fighting and taken to hospital, but it was overrun by German forces and he was taken prisoner.
He was held at Spangenberg Castle in central Germany, but six months later, he and fellow pilot Bob Garnett escaped and hid for over a week before being rescued by American soldiers and flown back to England.

Ron Johnson
IMAGE SOURCE,BERRY DE REUS

Image caption, Mr Johnson has revisited the Netherlands several times and on one occasion, he met with Agnes Schaap, mayor of Renkum
Roger de Beets, the chairman of the Airborne Commemorations Foundation

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-wiltshire-58862178

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
You know how you notice things and look them up?

One of the effects of ageing, it seems, is a slower digestion.
As my diet is already about 4/5ths as fibrous as a bison's I'm not sure how to improve on it to counteract the dangers of constipation. :thought: