Votes: 16 21.1%
  • Sorry, I don't understand the question

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • I'm a Mod; I think adding silly polls to chat threads is pointless

Votes: 6 7.9%

• Total voters

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
Swear blind this just happened a moment ago..

Seven year old Granddaughter is at home, playing with friend from school and they're typically bickering about what to play - what one wants to play, the other doesn't.

Friend turns to myself and enquires, *verbatim*, "What games did you play in the olden days?"...:Givingup:

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
Sometimes I wish there was an 'unlike' button... hope it's soon completely better, Numb..
Sympathy, sincerely appreciated... :bpals:

Has been the most bizarre occurrence - actually difficult to explain if haven't experienced it yourself!

The aforementioned teaspoon encounter, typified how essentially frustrating...

Magnifique effort to painstakingly grasp a spoon and command same to, 'stir my beverage'.... No matter how much mental energy/focus you put into it, the muscles/whatever
required, just couldn't move the spoon - End Of...

Same with a pen! i:mad:

escargot

Beloved of Ra
Just slowly recovering from a 'trapped nerve' in my upper right arm. Up much too late and fell asleep at the computer. Woke up and head was leaning/resting on my hand - elbow also duly resting on the wooden arm of chair.

Result being the weirdest thing.. although diagnosed as such, it was my hand which was affected:

- I could hold a teaspoon, yet couldn't move it to stir my tea/coffee

- I could hold a pen, yet couldn't propel it in any direction

- I could place a finger on the mouse button, yet simply couldn't press it down.

I had to carry my passport around with me for ID - I could only barely manage a scribbled 'X' as my signature. :(
Username checks out.

escargot

Beloved of Ra
Anyway, I chat on Facebook page for people in my industry and there's banter. However, one young bloke has now started sending me flirty messages. I think it's time to tell him I'm 60 and married. He must know this from my profile so I dunno where he thinks he's going with it.

Coal

Polymath Renaissance Man, Italian Wiccan Anarchist
Anyway, I chat on Facebook page for people in my industry and there's banter. However, one young bloke has now started sending me flirty messages. I think it's time to tell him I'm 60 and married. He must know this from my profile so I dunno where he thinks he's going with it.
You've still got it Scargs.

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
Maybe if you hadn't used this in your profile, he wouldn't have the wrong impression?

1547630455285811.jpg

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
The Mrs gets that at work, cocky 20 year olds giving it the "You know you want me!" and all that ;) .. I know them all very well anyway so it's all just in good fun flirting. I just say to her "Well they've got good taste.", they know she's the boss so she can't tease them back which is why they're doing it. She finds it funny but she's also a bit baffled as well which is why I think they do it, so I don't 'have a word'. How does your fella feel about it? .. does he just laugh it off as well?

edit: not that I'm saying you're not gorgeous of course.

escargot

Beloved of Ra
Maybe if you hadn't used this in your profile, he wouldn't have the wrong impression?

View attachment 14225
Yup, that bow - I look like I'm just BEGGING for it.

I told him I'm married and he said 'I won't tell if you don't, Sexy Goddess!'
Maybe now's the time to send back 'I'm 60, you grave-robber!'

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
Glad you took that in a generous spirit, and I hope you're feeling better.
I hadn't spotted that 'Freudian slip' there. :sbump:

Incidentally, going back to last night -aforementioned Granddaughter and school friend were watching a Harry Potter film. Not only did I call the wee one *twice* by my daughter's name instead, I also asked her friend, "Are you a Charlie Potter fan as well?"...

Losing it... :omr:

Swifty

The Mrs has told me to tell you a good slap down when being harassed by younger men that you should do:

She says they think you'll be flattered because you're older and they are younger so next time it happens say "I don't think so, you're too old for me" :cool: .. she says she got a lot of laughs aimed at the lad out of that particular burn. It didn't stop him though, he had his shirt off one day and was riding piggy back on another lad so she said "Dave, put your shirt on!" and he replied with a saucy "Make me." .. fucking kids. You can't stop em you know.

Last edited:

Naughty_Felid

No longer interesting
Sorry, I'll pack it in.

escargot

Beloved of Ra
She says they think you'll be flattered because you're older and they are younger
He may not know how old I am because it's not apparent on my feed. Well, he can't know I'm 60, surely!

I summarily blocked him so no more 'Sexy Goddess' messages for me.

Well, I say that but of course I showed Techy who thought it was hilarious to start calling me Sexy Goddess. FFS.
It's his revenge for when a few years ago someone we know was sent HIS photo as a local 'Hot Single' and I ripped the piss every day for six months.

Swifty

I challenge anyone to watch this and not squirt at least one tear, an old man describes his beloved late wife to a sketch artist, beautiful stuff (although it would also have been seriously funny if the final reveal of the drawing was a really shit stick figure) .. get your tissues ready, you have been warned: