• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Ageing & Growing Old

Are you growing older?

• Yes, I am

Votes: 82 61.7%
  • No, I'm getting younger

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • Sorry, I don't understand the question

Votes: 16 12.0%
  • I'm a Mod; I think adding silly polls to chat threads is pointless

Votes: 7 5.3%

• Total voters
You've still got it Scargs.

Heh yup, how embarrassing though!

Maybe it's time for a change of profile picture on there. I'm thinking Hattie Jacques as Matron c. 1958. That's how most people see me.

Anyway, I chat on Facebook page for people in my industry and there's banter. However, one young bloke has now started sending me flirty messages. I think it's time to tell him I'm 60 and married. He must know this from my profile so I dunno where he thinks he's going with it.
Maybe if you hadn't used this in your profile, he wouldn't have the wrong impression?

1547630455285811.jpg

Anyway, I chat on Facebook page for people in my industry and there's banter. However, one young bloke has now started sending me flirty messages. I think it's time to tell him I'm 60 and married. He must know this from my profile so I dunno where he thinks he's going with it.
The Mrs gets that at work, cocky 20 year olds giving it the "You know you want me!" and all that ;) .. I know them all very well anyway so it's all just in good fun flirting. I just say to her "Well they've got good taste.", they know she's the boss so she can't tease them back which is why they're doing it. She finds it funny but she's also a bit baffled as well which is why I think they do it, so I don't 'have a word'. How does your fella feel about it? .. does he just laugh it off as well?

edit: not that I'm saying you're not gorgeous of course.

Maybe if you hadn't used this in your profile, he wouldn't have the wrong impression?

View attachment 14225

Yup, that bow - I look like I'm just BEGGING for it.

I told him I'm married and he said 'I won't tell if you don't, Sexy Goddess!'
Maybe now's the time to send back 'I'm 60, you grave-robber!'

Glad you took that in a generous spirit, and I hope you're feeling better.
I hadn't spotted that 'Freudian slip' there. :sbump:

Incidentally, going back to last night -aforementioned Granddaughter and school friend were watching a Harry Potter film. Not only did I call the wee one *twice* by my daughter's name instead, I also asked her friend, "Are you a Charlie Potter fan as well?"...

Losing it... :omr:

Just finished a phone call with a friend.

Midway through, I asked if she could call back, as I was close to running out of minutes on my PAYG.

Silence for a moment... then a puzzled reply, 'I phoned *you*...'..

The Mrs has told me to tell you a good slap down when being harassed by younger men that you should do:

She says they think you'll be flattered because you're older and they are younger so next time it happens say "I don't think so, you're too old for me" :cool: .. she says she got a lot of laughs aimed at the lad out of that particular burn. It didn't stop him though, he had his shirt off one day and was riding piggy back on another lad so she said "Dave, put your shirt on!" and he replied with a saucy "Make me." .. fucking kids. You can't stop em you know.

Last edited:
She says they think you'll be flattered because you're older and they are younger

He may not know how old I am because it's not apparent on my feed. Well, he can't know I'm 60, surely!

I summarily blocked him so no more 'Sexy Goddess' messages for me.

Well, I say that but of course I showed Techy who thought it was hilarious to start calling me Sexy Goddess. FFS.
It's his revenge for when a few years ago someone we know was sent HIS photo as a local 'Hot Single' and I ripped the piss every day for six months.

I challenge anyone to watch this and not squirt at least one tear, an old man describes his beloved late wife to a sketch artist, beautiful stuff (although it would also have been seriously funny if the final reveal of the drawing was a really shit stick figure) .. get your tissues ready, you have been warned:

You're not quite as scathingly cynical about grief-exploiting charlatans as I am then.
I admit I'm a bit of a soft touch. I took your joke more on the level of gallows humour we've previously agreed on that our nurses need to have.

edit: it's only just occurred to me that that woman might have seen a pic of his late wife already.

Back