• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Gruesome Gambling

A

Anonymous

Accrording to the Guardian, a distrubing development in illegal betting in the Middle East:

'Israeli police are investing reports that an illegal gambling ring in the country is taking bets on the location of the next suicide bombing.

A syndicate in Kiryat Malachi, a town of 20,000 to the north of the Gaza Strip, is distributing betting slips with odds for the various locations, the Israeli newspaper Maariv reported.

Betting on Eilat, a Red Sea resort that has not seen any violence during the past 21 months of Israeli-Palestinian fighting, is a long shot at 17-1, while often-hit Jerusalem was given odds of 1.5-1.

Bets begin at 10 shekels (£1.40), the betting sheet states, adding that bets only count for attacks of "Arabs against Jews and not the opposite".'

Possible UL or propoganda. Still, given the degree of brutalisation exhibited by both sides, the story is sadly plausible.

wouldnt suprise me at all ..see the varios Dead Pools around the place..

Sorry not suprised at all by this. I would imagine that there are bets going on in Israel with even worse taste than these... for sure.

Sick Puppies

Everyone in my office thought this was hysterically funny (including me) - so much for the caring image of the public sector!

Back