• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Hail - from *Below*!

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Not sure where to post this - it doesn't seem to fit in the 'Ice Falls' thread ... :twisted:

Hailstones blasted man off toilet

An Austrian man is demanding substantial damages after he was blasted off the toilet when huge hailstones started shooting out of it.

Martin Bierbauer said: "I heard the pipes rumbling a bit, and suddenly hailstones the size of golf balls started exploding out of the toilet like it was a popcorn machine.

"There was an avalanche of ice that quickly filled the toilet, then the entire flat, and eventually the entire building.

"I ran down the stairs with the hailstones following me, and other residents did the same."

Another resident, Silvia Streit, said: "I grabbed a board and put it over the toilet, but the pressure was so great, I ended up sitting on the board as the hail flowed through the flat and down the stairs."

Freak weather has led to temperatures of over 35 degrees centigrade in Austria which a few days later plunge to near zero as freak hail storms batter the country.

The incident at the block of flats at the Tinhof Strasse in Eisenstadt south east of the capital Vienna was caused by hailstones flooding into a local drain during a torrential downpour, which became blocked.

Local council spokesman Wolfgang Leinner said: "The pressure was too great, the hailstones had to go somewhere and they came out through the toilets it seems."

SOURCE:
Ananova
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_29 ... s.quirkies

I've heard of rats and snakes emerging from toilet bowls, but this is a new one. Mother Nature's revenge? For what, I'm not sure (climate change?).

That's got to one of the most unusual Fortean phenomena I've ever read about! :lol:

Hot Hail?

Sorry, I watched Flash Gordon the other day... :)

For archival purposes, I'm attaching the photos of the incident.

hailstones out of toilet.jpg

Back