• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Hans Coler & The Coler Coil

Fulcaneli

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Has anyone tried building a Coler Coil as described by Joseph P Farrell in "Reich of the Black Sun" where a schematic electrical circuit is shown? It looks as though it could be built on a small budget (say £50 to £100).

I recall some discussion of this on the Keelynet mailing list many moons ago. I believe there was at least one person working on building the device.

www.keelynet.com

Link

(There used to be a Keelynet mailing list on www.escribe.com. But it looks like escribe has sunk beneath the waves.)

[Emp edit: Fixing big link]

Fulcaneli said:
Has anyone tried building a Coler Coil as described by Joseph P Farrell in "Reich of the Black Sun" where a schematic electrical circuit is shown? It looks as though it could be built on a small budget (say £50 to £100).

Whats one of those then?

Ahhh one of those..More nazi UFO engines. Gosh them nazis was clever buggers..Anyone know if this one actually works? Have read about quite a lot of these type of devices and always wonder why noone manages to make them or if they do to capitalise on theyre amazing (apparently) properties. Bound to be some kind of conspiracy Im sure :)

Ahhh...the government...you know.....suppression....conspiracy...green fuel.... :lol:

A pair of old Tripod-hosted writeups on Coler's work can still be accessed at:

http://freeenergy2000.tripod.com/hanscoler.htm

Captain Hans Coler device.
This device called the magnetromapparata was invented in 1933. It needed no outside power sources to function.
Since an official interest was noted from the heads of the German navy at the time who felt an investigation was necessary and an official report was produced.
Experts examined the device and could find no fraud. It was judged Coler was an honest experimenter but no expert opinion was forth coming to how the unit operated.

http://freeenergy2000.tripod.com/coler2.htm

THE COLER REPORT part 2
The following is a collection of sections of text that are quoted from the British Intelligence Objectives Sub-Committee Trip Report No. 2394 BIOS Target Number: C31/4799) entitled: 'THE INVENTION OF HANS COLER, RELATING TO AN ALLEGED NEW SOURCE OF POWER', BIOS FINAL REPORT No. 1043: ITEM No. 31', as made available to the public by the U.K. Department of Scientific and Industrial Research, National Lending Library for Science and Technology. The author of the report is named as R. Hurst, Ministry of Supply.

"The wheel was then found to be turning at twenty-six revolutions per minute"

But the hamsters were getting mighty hungry.

Let's face it; you can never get more energy out of a system than you put in.

A sterling engine wheel could at least appear to be turning without any energy input. Perhaps this is similar.

I think if someone with access to the right equipment and plenty of solder had a go at making one, it should tell us something. I suspect it was designed to take energy from the Earth's magnetic field, or something like that. It only generated a small current, but I suppose if you could miniaturise it and put a lot of them in series, it might be of some practical use.

A sterling engine wheel could at least appear to be turning without any energy input. Perhaps this is similar.

How so ? The Stirling is a heat engine and requires external heat to work.

Hence "appear to be", it might be difficult to keep the experimental setup free from heat differences.

There are some real questions you need to ask when considering whether a device produces free energy.
(1) Is the device powered by its own inner workings alone, or is it milking energy from the environment? For example, the Sterling engine is a lot of fun, but it is milking energy from temperature differences in the environment. That makes the Sterling engine basically a heat engine.
(2) How much energy did it take to create the device? Really you haven't achieved free energy output until one's device has produced more energy than it would take to manufacture itself. All too frequently it takes way more energy to build an object than you will ever get out of it, which is a major problem with nuclear power plants, given their 11 year lead time and the tons of concrete and metal they take to build.
(3) It doesn't hurt to understand Newton's Second Law of Thermodynamics LINK, as if you want to create free energy, you really need a good theoretical understanding of how your device works around/defeats the Second Law.
(4) Remember that the Patent Offices of the world don't care if your theoretical explanation turns out to be incorrect; they only care about whether what you built performs as you say it will.

There are some real questions you need to ask when considering whether a device produces free energy.
(1) Is the device powered by its own inner workings alone, or is it milking energy from the environment? For example, the Sterling engine is a lot of fun, but it is milking energy from temperature differences in the environment. That makes the Sterling engine basically a heat engine.
(2) How much energy did it take to create the device? Really you haven't achieved free energy output until one's device has produced more energy than it would take to manufacture itself. All too frequently it takes way more energy to build an object than you will ever get out of it, which is a major problem with nuclear power plants, given their 11 year lead time and the tons of concrete and metal they take to build.
(3) It doesn't hurt to understand Newton's Second Law of Thermodynamics LINK, as if you want to create free energy, you really need a good theoretical understanding of how your device works around/defeats the Second Law.
(4) Remember that the Patent Offices of the world don't care if your theoretical explanation turns out to be incorrect; they only care about whether what you built performs as you say it will.
Great summing-up. Going back to the Coler device, what puzzles me most is that Coler himself must have had some very specific theory about what he was trying to do. You don't put several wire-wound magnets together in a particular array, with the magnets themselves part of the circuit, by trial and error. But the investigation made no attempt to understand or even mention his theoretical framework.

This may be of interest. Bedini's motor.

Great summing-up. Going back to the Coler device, what puzzles me most is that Coler himself must have had some very specific theory about what he was trying to do. You don't put several wire-wound magnets together in a particular array, with the magnets themselves part of the circuit, by trial and error. But the investigation made no attempt to understand or even mention his theoretical framework.
Coler himself said he didn't know how it worked. So that's probably why they didn't try.

Surely magnetism itself is a sort of 'free energy'? Seems to me it could do with reinvestigating even if it only produces tiny amounts of power. The British Intelligence report referenced above confirmed that it did work and was not a fraud.

But I can see why quite a lot of people wouldn't want it to be widely known. Because if it works at all it upsets a lot of scientific and commercial applecarts.

If I had any ability that way I'd be off building one right now.

Coler himself said he didn't know how it worked. So that's probably why they didn't try.

Surely magnetism itself is a sort of 'free energy'? Seems to me it could do with reinvestigating even if it only produces tiny amounts of power. The British Intelligence report referenced above confirmed that it did work and was not a fraud.

But I can see why quite a lot of people wouldn't want it to be widely known. Because if it works at all it upsets a lot of scientific and commercial applecarts.

If I had any ability that way I'd be off building one right now.
If he had no theory at all, it's bloody amazing that he made something that works! I wouldn't mind betting that there are Coler projects going on in the black area all over the world. Free energy is free energy, after all. I thought about trying myself years ago but it is surprisingly hard to get reasonably cheap bar magnets and my soldering iron has packed up...

If he had no theory at all, it's bloody amazing that he made something that works! I wouldn't mind betting that there are Coler projects going on in the black area all over the world. Free energy is free energy, after all. I thought about trying myself years ago but it is surprisingly hard to get reasonably cheap bar magnets and my soldering iron has packed up...
Purely a guess, but I would assume, if his brain worked like mine - and I don't make any claims to normality - that he was tinkering, saw some odd result, and couldn't resist trying to amplify it. An empirical rather than a scientific approach.

Purely a guess, but I would assume, if his brain worked like mine - and I don't make any claims to normality - that he was tinkering, saw some odd result, and couldn't resist trying to amplify it. An empirical rather than a scientific approach.
You could be right. I have long been skeptical of theory-led approaches, although they are now considered as the norm. You can find out more by tinkering, I think. I doubt that Newton had any theory when he started out experimenting.

You could be right. I have long been skeptical of theory-led approaches, although they are now considered as the norm. You can find out more by tinkering, I think. I doubt that Newton had any theory when he started out experimenting.
Just like Newcomen, Watt, Trevithick, or Stephenson. But they changed the world.

Last edited:
Back