• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Happy Dracula Day!

bugmum

Justified & Ancient
The man on the radio this morning said that May 26th is Dracula Day. Since it's one of my favourite books, I checked out his assertion, and apparently it marks the occasion of its first publication in 1897. So bring out your fangs - or your garlic, depending on which side you wish to bat for - and show Bram Stoker some love!

Drac-1.jpg

Thank you for remembering and for the good wishes.
Now, as I make a wish and blow out my candle ...

It would be a good idea to run for your lives!

As I get ready for bed with my garlic on my bed post and a wooden stake at my side, I will say good night.

Let us see a silver bullet, oh no, that is for a possible werewolf nearby !

I read "Dracula" a few years back.

I'd avoided it for a long time. I assume it would be dull, stuffy, slow.

Imagine my suprise to find it to be an absolutely rip-roaring, fast-paced and exciting read! Thoroughly recommend it to anyone.

Oh I wish I'd known, I'd have popped up to Whitby and shouted over the cliff.

What would you have shouted? :)

HAPPY DRACULA DAY!

To the discomfiture of anyone on the beach...

I think you should do this only add"for yesterday" top your cheery hail!

I think you should do this only add"for yesterday" top your cheery hail!
It's a bit late now. But I may pop up next week and just yell over the cliff anyway. I don't expect Dracula will mind it being a few days late.

Happy Dracula Day!

World Dracula Day celebrates anniversary of Bram Stoker's novel

World Dracula Day, celebrated annually on May 26, was started by a fan group in 2012 and timed to coincide with the date that Bram Stoker's vampire novel was first published.

The holiday was founded in 2012 by The Whitby Dracula Society 1897, a Whitby, England, group dedicated to celebrating the cultural importance of Bram Stoker and the novel Dracula, which is believed to have been inspired in part by the Gothic architecture of the town's Whitby Abbey. ...

The fan group chose May 26 for the holiday because it coincides with the date of Dracula's publication in 1897. ...
FULL STORY: https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2022/05/26/World-Dracula-Day-celebrates-Bram-Stoker/1191653516694/

Dammit, and, once again, it's too late to go and shout over that cliff! Mind you, it's a bit breezy up here today.

Back