Happy Easter!

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
Happy Easter thread .. I've got to go to work though. Is anyone else doing something better today? ..

aeasteralien.jpg

catseye

Old lady trouser-smell
Reaction score
Happy Easter everyone! I'm at work too, Swifty, and from the sunshine, the number of tourists we had in yesterday and the sound of bikes heading down the main road to Scarborough, it's going to be another busy one.

Swifty

Reaction score
Happy Easter everyone! I'm at work too, Swifty, and from the sunshine, the number of tourists we had in yesterday and the sound of bikes heading down the main road to Scarborough, it's going to be another busy one.
I've had a very much welcomed quiet day catseye .. thank Christ .. I was even able to catch up on paper work .. I didn't even get any 'Indiana Jones's' tonight (the arseholes that look up your closing time then turn up 5 minutes before your closing time with a list because, like, your still open and, like, the customer is always right!" ....

Last edited:

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
Supermarkets were closed today - what was all that about ? Have no Easter eggs and no cream cakes.

happy Easter.jpg

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Apparently easter sunday is the only day of the year supermarkets, garden centres, DIY stores etc are not allowed to open
I can't say I'd ever noticed before.

Swifty

Reaction score
Supermarkets were closed today - what was all that about ? Have no Easter eggs and no cream cakes.

View attachment 37669
I'd call that a well deserved rest after the last 12 months the staff have just had .. and the eggs will all be marked down tomorrow anyway so everybody wins ..

JaneD

JaneD
Reaction score
Apparently easter sunday is the only day of the year supermarkets, garden centres, DIY stores etc are not allowed to open
It was the deal to allow Sunday trading in England back in the day. It is the one Sunday you can’t open if you’re a supermarket , garden centre etc. It’s to allow all the staff to go to church.

catseye

Old lady trouser-smell
Reaction score
It was the deal to allow Sunday trading in England back in the day. It is the one Sunday you can’t open if you’re a supermarket , garden centre etc. It’s to allow all the staff to go to church.
Our supermarket was open. It's only shops over a certain size that shut, and that is at the discretion of the manager.