• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Harold Trudel's Photos (Woonsocket, Rhode Island; 1967)

The Cocoyoc object is so obviously a balloon that I'm surprised you are interested in it.
You can never answer why Trudel would glue the ends of its arms on his saucer in one photo, nor can you provide an identical balloon so...
I ask forum members to do a little test. Take the pics I have provided of the second Woonsocket saucer and the Cocoyoc Object and ask random people if they see the Cocoyoc Object anywhere in the second Woonsocket saucer photo... Try it, it is fun. :)

Last edited:
The Trudel pics are obvious fakes. In almost (but not every) case, if the photo shows a saucer, it is a fake.

The Cocoyoc photo is an exception; it's a balao puntado, a carnival balloon with points.

The problem with the spiky balloon idea is that one of those would have to be completely disheveled and change color (yet somehow still remain inflated) and according to witnesses move around and land --not drift. If you look at the circumference of where the spikes attach to the bodies of the spiky balloon, they have a very large circumference. The arms on the Cocoyoc Object are like tubes. There is no reason that all of the objects should fit together so perfectly as the Photoshop rendering show. Blimps and frisbees actually look more like UFOs than spiky balloons look like that object... No one in Mexico that I have read about has ever suggested it was a spiky balloon.

The fit you describe is quite simply an illusion. The Cocoyoc object is obviously flexible and floppy; this is a consequence of its inflatable nature. In other words the 'arms' of the balloon do not maintain a constant angle with the central body; they are blowing around in the wind.
close%2Bencounter%2Btenctacle%2Bufo%2Bmexico.jpg

This 'flexibility' and 'floppiness' makes it trivially easy to insert the shape into almost any other shape. Far more important than the floppy arms is the circular hole at the bottom, which is where the heating element is suspended.

The fit you describe is quite simply an illusion. The Cocoyoc object is obviously flexible and floppy; this is a consequence of its inflatable nature. In other words the 'arms' of the balloon do not maintain a constant angle with the central body; they are blowing around in the wind.

This 'flexibility' and 'floppiness' makes it trivially easy to insert the shape into almost any other shape. Far more important than the floppy arms is the circular hole at the bottom, which is where the heating element is suspended.
I don't think the arms are always rigid --they are rigid in some photos, but that kind of thing might a basic kind of property of some metamaterials --and happens to exactly be what NASA is working on now. The dome portion of the Cocoyoc object exactly matches the dome potion in the Woonsocket saucer. Why the little arms in one pic? Why would the Yorba Linda Object with very similar projections fit perfectly in the first saucer, also with Trudel's mention of an "antenna" protruding form the "central portion" of the bottom. What are the chances of all of this? There is just enough room above the "arms" for the thickness of the edge of the saucer opening, with the dome above. Chances?

The top of the Cocoyoc balloon is a simple half sphere - no wonder it is easy to find matches. The arms don't match anything exactly, because they are floppy tubes with rounded ends, like so many other carnival balloons. Their positions change during the course of the clip.

These balloons are sometimes called Balao Sputnik; they are obviously supposed to emulate a spaceship, but a human one rather than an alien.
balao sputnik.png

They look similar, but I think they are different. You can almost see lobes beneath the skin of the Cocoyoc Object's dome that catch the light in a particular way and those also match. The Surface of the Cocoyoc Object reflects light like a dull metallic surface and the texture and highlights became an exact match when I scaled one to the other:
The arms can be able to be flexible or rigid they have to move to lock it into the saucer, and according to witneses the object began spinning before lowering its arms to land on them. Again, why would Trudel glue little arms on his model in one photo? Smoking gun.
And the only other legit photo of a UFO with "legs" or arms is in the second first saucer Trudel took a pic of and fits perfectly when photoshopped. What are the chances? approaching zero I think.
index.php

The Yorba Linda Object has its legs folded into some kind of pouch (The legs fit perfectly when it was scaled to size)
The only differeince is in the Yorba Linda view with the object out, the perrspective is slightly different and we are looking up at teh object more,, while in the saucer pic, the object is more tilted so the top us seen more on edge. AND the saucer of portion of this object is round, because the legs are below the cylinder top, while in the second saucer with the Cocoyoc object, the arms project to the sides (unless landing), so that saucer is a heptagon.

Yorba Linda in Trudel's first saucer pic:
index.php

If I'm right, and I am pretty damned sure that I am and it is hard to unsee, and obvious once noticed, then it is a kind of smoking gun:

Last edited:
This is where it gets a wee bit complicated. The following case happened not far from here and if I can find the early accounts I recall - pre 'hypnosis' - it's intriguing because I know some personal background.

*bump*

There is a new stand-alone book by Malcolm Robinson on the 1992 Scottish A70 UFO abduction of Gary Wood and Colin Wright

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B09RG7RXR1/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i0

Just £1.99 on Kindle. Much of the book will have already being included in Malcolm's earlier 'UFO Case Files of Scotland' but it certainly deserves its own book some 30 years on. Just started reading it now, so will report back....

Just started reading it now, so will report back....
Thank you! This is interesting - I know a bit about the background (occurred not that far from here) and it's a fascinating case.

I might have some significant archive material to contribute...

If I recall, the purported 'UFO' was notably unusual, as were its occupants.

Going back to the thread's main subject, and ignoring the comically Plan 9 style photos from Trudel, even the not-very-convincing story behind the Mexican photo seems to provide clear evidence of what was actually photographed:

At this time, the couple noticed that beyond the landed object and not far from him, two children were also looking at it. One of them started to run towards the UFO, which threw the wife of the banker and then the nurse in a panic crisis. The banker tried to calm the two women but finally surrendered to their demand to leave the place immediately. Busy trying to calming down the women, and not particularly shocked by the sighting, he did not take photographs of the object on the ground, everyone went up in the car and they took the road of Mexico City at high speed.

(From https://ufologie.patrickgross.org/htm/cocoyoc73.htm)

Leaving aside the fact that running away is a slightly odd response to spotting kids apparently placing themselves in danger...it seems obvious that the two children, having presumably seen the balloon launched a few minutes before, were eager to run over to retrieve it.

Back