• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Harold Trudel's Photos (Woonsocket, Rhode Island; 1967)

Another damning bit of evidence is that if you look closely at the Cocoyoc Trudel saucer you can see that the saucer is not perfectly round, but has the same number of obtuse vertices as the Cocoyoc Object has legs.. It's a heptagon. What are the mother-loving chances?:eek:

Original pics here:
https://theklew.com/ufosihaveknown/1970s/cocoyoc-mexico/
1973NOV03CocoyocMexico07.jpg

Ha! Impossible to UNSEE it now isn't it?... Sorry. :cool:
And we knowthe one with the more cylindrical module had legs apart from th Yorba Linda evidence; Trudel says he say it extend a leg or antennae from the bottom toward the power line. :oops:

Larger pic of the Yorba Linda object / Woonsocket saucer module out and flying about:
Funny how it's hanging out around the power / phone lines like the Woonsocket saucer it came from! :)
Even at the same cant to the horizon!

14_p07.jpg

u27-3.jpg

Last edited:
Once again, I should point out that the 'projections' on this object do not maintain a constant angle with the main body of the object, so they are only loosely attached - exactly as one would expect from a pointy balloon. Balão puntados, as they are known south of the border, come in a wide range of shapes and sizes - but one thing they tend to have in common is pointy bits.

Note that at least two of the following balloons have approximately the same colour and specular characteristics as the Cocoyoc object, and they nearly all have the same small, circular hole in the bottom (where the heat goes in).

hqdefnault.jpgSAM_2167.JPGimaghes.jpgmaxresdekfault.jpgmaxresd8efault.jpgmaxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
I will admit it does look very similar in some respects. If the Cocoyoc object was one of them, then one would have to account for he apparent landing, etc., but there is no guarantee that the witnesses stuck around for long to see exactly what it was like after it landed; they just say that it put the arms down and landed on those. One would then have to account for the apparent situation of the object in the Woonsocket saucer --and why would the saucer be a heptagon, and why would Trudel have put the ends of the arms sticking out in only one photo? And why would the Yorba Linda Object also have similar projections, unknown to Trudel? It just seems very unlikely that all of those things could fit together so well. The arms are also very skinny not conical. Also when it flies the arms are extended below it and not flapping about.

Last edited:
I certainly see you point, Eburacum, and it is a good one. Do you have any pics form the mid-60's or '70s of these kind of balloons? I will certainly admit that the Cocoyoc object by itself DOES look like a weird balloon of some sort, especially with the vent at bottom. The arms don't look very festive on the Cocoyoc object. If there was some kind of military balloon available in the '60s that Trudel was able to get a hold of, and the same type was also later seen and misidentified as a UFO, perhaps... But then the Yorba Linda object also fits into the other saucer and it isn't a balloon. And there are no visible creases on the Cocoyoc object's dome. I initially thought the Cocoyoc / Woonsocket UFO might have been some kind of military test, and I would stillconsider that possibility, but then there is the second very saucery saucer. Blimps also look like some UFOs but they aren't. The Everest UFOs were described as looking like kite balloons, but they weren't. You'd hope the head of Kodak in Mexico or someone would have recognized the Cocoyoc object as some kind of balloon in use at the time, but they apparently didn't.

index.php

Last edited:
I am open to the possibility that Trudel might have had access to some kind of balloon, but it would have to have been relatively big, and it would have attracted attention, and there is also the issue of disposal, witnesses, etc. In addition, I don't know why he would have mentioned an "antennae" extending from the bottom of second object (Yorba Linda saucer, Trudel #1). Why?? Why not also show the arms as extending through the vertices of the heptagon in every pic of the second Woonsocket saucer? Why would they still be plump when extended through? It suggests they are two objects. And the Yorba Linda UFO photographer apparently never made a connection with Trudel's photos, either.

index.php

u27-3.jpg

index.php

Last edited:
Again, why would the "balloon" and Trudel's saucer dome also have the little projection at the top and appear identical?? All I did in this photo was to scale dome to saucer, and the arms are the right length, and slant of saucer top just right to accommodate them... Why?
Note also that the bottom portion of the object fits perfectly within bottom part of saucer --it's not too long.\

Note the shadow around the dome portion just above the "arms": it is identical. The cocoyoc object appears to have a lustrous and metallic sheen, different than plastic.

Heh. I don't think I even had to adjust the cant of the Cocoyoc object to line it up with the dome on the saucer! :oops:
Pic #1 is unaltered Trudel, #2 is Cocyoc dome, #3 is Cocoyoc object.

index.php

Last edited:
I don't think Trudel used a balloon at all. He seems to have used a much smaller model of some sort, apparently made of hard material with no significant flexible properties that I can detect.

According to this page
https://midimagic.sgc-hosting.com/ufosphot.htm
the Cocoyoc photos show an 'escaped advertizing blimp or parade balloon', which agrees with my impression.

No idea about the Yorba Linda sighting- too fuzzy.

I don't think Trudel used a balloon at all. He seems to have used a much smaller model of some sort, apparently made of hard material with no significant flexible properties that I can detect.

According to this page
https://midimagic.sgc-hosting.com/ufosphot.htm
the Cocoyoc photos show an 'escaped advertizing blimp or parade balloon', which agrees with my impression.

No idea about the Yorba Linda sighting- too fuzzy.
Hmmm... I don't see any evidence that they are models, though it certainly can't be ruled out. None were ever found. With Gulf Breeze it was immediately apparent to me that we were looking at models. Why would Trudel bother to make a heptagon saucer (look at pic of saucer one from below), and why would he bother to glue the little absurd arms sticking out in only one pic? Doesn't add up. It seems that page might be the debunker's best guesses. Apparently you don't see the similarities between the domed object within the Trudel saucer, and Cocoyoc object; very improbable similarities. Actually you can even see how thick the saucer is; there is room above the arms of the Cocoyoc object for the thickness of the saucer shell, the dome protrudes above it out of the hole in the center of the saucer. Again why mention antennae briefly sticking out of first saucer's bottom, just where the legs are on the Yorba Linda object? It all still stands.
They are two VERY idiosyncratic saucers / models, for a reason. I am open to a very improbable hoax, it we can find a balloon that looks like what is seen in both objects --and somehow could be scaled to a small model. I've posted where the objects were seen from Google maps--you can visualize models in the sky there looking like that?

Last edited:
The arm-like appendages would be flapping all over the place if it was a deflating balloon being blown about; they don't. There is no creasing or denting on dome of object either. A deflating balloon dropping down would be flapping about as there is no more internal pressure in it.
I'll post a drawing of Pentagon from photo later. What a big pain in posterior to make model heptagon saucer that would be, too.

Last edited:
The Cocoyoc object has seven arms:
1973NOV03CocoyocMexico07.jpg

The saucer portion of the second Woonsocket saucer is seen to have seven vertices; it is a heptagon.

1595868093909.jpeg

I've done a little drawing of the pic of the saucer from below with a bit of exaggeration to show what I mean:

HeptagonTrudel.JPG

original:

Saucer2bottom.jpg

And here is the ONE pic, where the ends of the arms protrude through the vertices of the heptagonal saucer.
WHY would Trudel show them as out in only one picture, suggesting they are TWO objects? They are retracted in all of the other photos.

Trudell-UFO-photo-2-2.jpg

index.php

Here is a pic of the bottom of the first saucer, and you will notice the saucer is round, as the legs on the Yorba Linda object are positoned BELOW it:
Trudell-UFO-photo-3.jpg

On this saucer:
The photographer had noted an “antenna” protruding from the central lower portion of the object, but upon later questioning, he said that he did not at any time, see the “antenna” come into contact with the power lines.

That would be Yorba Linda poking through!!

index.php

Attachments

• Saucer2bottom2.jpg
    Saucer2bottom2.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 26
Note the folded up legs of the Yorba Linda object seen below saucer #1:
WHY Put such a weird appendage below this saucer? Why not just the tripod as in Saucer 2, so it looks like it could land? Because there is a different kind of device within it.

The photographer had noted an “antenna” protruding from the central lower portion of the object, but upon later questioning, he said that he did not at any time, see the “antenna” come into contact with the power lines.

u27-3.jpg

index.php

Not to get too OT, but in the link above to the Trudel pics, the arms sticking out of the heptagonal saucer portion is a smoking gun. There is no reason to include them in that one pic, and they actually look a bit absurd. Why make a heptagon and not just use a regular circle as in the first craft he got pics of? Only one reason I can think of. And it's really almost farcical the way the Yorba Linda object is once again hanging out at the same attitude and altitude near more power lines, just without the saucer. It actually makes me laugh! :D It reminds me of certain street folks in Eugene that used to hang out in the same places on East 13th Street to "spare-change" folks when they walked by! :chuckle:
I've shown the Cocoyoc object to strangers and then shown them the second Trudel craft with the arms sticking out and said "Do you see this object in here?" They do. Every time. Folks should try it.

Last edited:
And here is the same kind of photo analysis for the first Trudel saucer and the Yorba Linda Object. You can see the legs on the YL object are the perfect length to be tucked into that odd bulge below the craft --the place where Trudel said he saw an "antennae" emerge.... :D
I superimposed the Trudel saucer section onto the Yorba Linda object, only scaling them up to fit. Shocking.

TrudelSaucer1.jpg

Yorba Linda Module:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_adkR8XTZJok/SrgCNcCXXVI/AAAAAAAAIqY/i3pa_FMO3lA/s1600/1967-yorba2.JPG

Cocoyoc Module:

Trudel Pics:
http://www.openminds.tv/ufo-rhode-island-1967/4350

The chances of all of this stuff fitting perfectly together like this must be astronomical....

The chances of all of this stuff fitting perfectly together like this must be astronomical....
Excepting that, it doesn't remotely and conceivably, 'fit together', at all...

I'm sure if that were the case, we wouldn't be talking about something - 'flying saucers', in this instance - which is terminally exposed to factual evidence otherwise.

Goodness sakes... Trudel?

This 'supportive' garbage is little different and certainly no better than from Meier, Adamski, et al.

In my opinion and for what it's worth, there is significantly more intriguing material and no need to resort to scraping our proverbial Ufology barrel to drag up these patently entombed dregs, the embodiment of all which is amiss with a subject for which I have some established fondness.

Nonetheless, I do obviously understand where your good self and others of a similar persuasion are coming from.

Perhaps the same 'Hymn book', only different pages and a realisation your inherent, underpinning beliefs are unshakable.

And... ultimately, I guess that's where we end our dialogue...

We are just going to have to disagree, I am afraid. Do you also not believe in the McMinnville UFO or Heflin photos? Remember these photos were considered authentic in their time. No proof of fraud has ever been discovered. They don't look like models to me, and I've spent quite a lot of time considering atmospheric perspective as I plein air paint. Have you seen where the photos were taken in the link above? Confirmed by his grand niece who still lives there. Those would be very big models, imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Show me a place where Trudel's photos have been shown to be a hoax? I've never believed in Adamski, or any of a lot of the other nonsense folks post here, wondering if it is real footage. I don't even know what to think about Oumuamua, and have to see more evidence to make up my mind. I am even skeptical of humanoid encounters, Comfortably Numb :sneaky2:
Show me where Trudel's photos, or McMinnville, or Heflin have been found to be hoaxes.

It's funny that Trudel would think: Gosh, that second UFO with the "dome"
"I'll just go ahead and create some little pieces of gray balsa wood and glue a few of them onto the edges of the odd heptagonal saucer only in one photo! I'll take them off in the others --that will make it more convincing! Eureka!!" :rofl:

Look Ma! No arms:
Tr1.jpg

...And now I'll just glue the little pieces of balsa wood on my weird heptagonal saucer for this one photo! Presto! :D
TR2.jpg

This seems to be an original newspaper account, from, 'The Burlington Free Press', Friday July 14, 1967.

It dates the photograph as taken, "Tuesday", which would be 11 July.

Would that be correct?

Extract attached as .pdf file.

The_Burlington_Free_Press_Fri__Jul_14__1967__compress2.jpg

This is where it gets a wee bit complicated. The following case happened not far from here and if I can find the early accounts I recall - pre 'hypnosis' - it's intriguing because I know some personal background.

Fascinating case and one researched in the field by Malcolm Robinson (UFO Case Files of Scotland). Incredible that its nearly 30 years ago, and to the best of my knowledge remains the most recent UK UFO abduction and occupants case, which in itself is a bit of a mystery: where have they gone? That is, unless someone knows differently...?

Just a general question, when did UFOs stop appearing during daylight, nearly all of the old photos of UFOs are taken in daylight, now, in a time where nearly everyone has a camera in their pocket at all times (on their phone) all photos of UFOs taken at night.

Just a general question, when did UFOs stop appearing during daylight, nearly all of the old photos of UFOs are taken in daylight, now, in a time where nearly everyone has a camera in their pocket at all times (on their phone) all photos of UFOs taken at night.
That's a very interesting question! Not only the volume of daytime sightings seems to have decreased over the decades, but also the tactics and strategy seems to have changed too, as a response to the situation on the planet. Initially there seemed to be occasional visits --then a series of waves of exploration --first our infrastructure and technologies in the 19th century before we were properly in the air to harass them or living with the dangers of nuclear weapons, then expanded surveillance during the wars and interaction with our aircraft, surveillance at military sites and bases, wondering why we are such a stupid species... And now very stealthy surveillance and asymmetric contact (like an algorithm) that prevents a tipping point or destruction of our civilization but does keep surveillance and contact with the militaries of the world for purposes that might be guessed at, while continuing the asymmetric program of contact with civilians. Genius really. And the only way we could have contact with a superior intelligence and technology, nasty apes that you know we are..
It's possible that with the government coverup that began when Hillenkoeter was head of the CIA caused the intelligence behind the devices to continue the contact with civilians --certain civilians.

Last edited:
Last edited:
The Cocoyoc object is so obviously a balloon that I'm surprised you are interested in it.

Back