• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Has Anyone Got Any Guardian Angel Stories To Share?

Little_Miss_Who

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
I'm writing a story about guardian angels/spirit guides, and I wondered if anyone has had any first-hand experiences regarding them, or the reason(s) why you believe in them or not? Did your guardian angel tell you their name, or do you think they're a much more hazy and mysterious entity? Do you know what they look like? Do you know if they are male or female? Are there any accounts of animal guardian angels? Can anyone offer any rational explanations of guardian angel phenomena?

Grateful for any replies, thanks! :D

We have whole threads about them. I know this because I contributed my own stories to them. Mine were a little poor compared to some, though. Well worth a look. :D

What the snail said, LMW
8)
I reckon my Guardian Angel went into therapy (suffering from PTSD!) after geting me through my 'early adult' phase. Still a bit twitchy, apparently...
;)
Write On...
:p

Guardian angels

Hi LMW!

Can't say I've ever seen any, but I have walked out of two very nasty car crashes without a scratch, so someone clearly is looking out for my interests.

I like to think so anyway...

Best

PK

Guardian by my bed

Due to the way I felt after the following encounter I have always regarded what I saw as my guardian angel but this has been the only time I have seen anything in my whole 30 years.
I was about 12, staying in a holiday home in Menorca in the Medeterainian. I awoke in the night and was looking toward the window (which had no curtains). There was a full moon outside, the light from which was streaming through the window. The light was highlighting a figure stood right next to me bed (right where a bedside table would have been if there was one). The figure was transparent apart from the highlights cast on all parts of its body by the moon. The figure was a male red indian in full head dress standing looking straight ahead, arms folded. He didn't move or repond to me waking up. I looked at him for a good while but never at anytime felt scared. I actually felt very safe, overly safe. As a result I decided to go back to sleep.
It could have been a starnge awake dream but as a kid Red indians and cowboys was not something I was ever into so to have such a vivid dream about one was a bit strange.

When I was about 10 years old, I couldn't sleep one night. An incredibly beautiful woman appeared to me, standing next to my bed. She had golden hair, flowing and wavy, blue eyes, and was wearing and a gorgeous deep-sky blue gown that was tied at her waist and embriodered with gold thread. She was surrounded by a golden glow. I knew she was my guardian angel. I asked her her name and she smiled at me and I knew she wouldn't tell me what it was. I told her that I would call her Joan, after my mother, and this pleased her greatly.

I have never forgotten her or her beauty.

In later years, what interested me was that she wouldn't tell me her name. This is typical of otherwordly beings. Was she really a guardian angel? I like to think so.

Funny how nobody's guardian angel looks like Danny DeVito. Is it a projection of what you would like to see, I wonder, whether it's an actual entity or not?

Yes, it's interesting how beauty is associated with good and ugliness with evil. In addition to the beauty, though, people who encounter otherworldly beings often talk about the sense of peace or happiness that overcomes them at the same time, so it's not just how the being looks. The same holds true for people who encounter The Old Hag or other such beings while experiencing sleep paralysis, except that they are overwhelmed by a feelings of evil and terror.

I recently read an atypical guardian angel story where a mother had a sick child and one night saw three short beings surrounding his crib (reminded me of your Danny Devito comment!) They were wearing short pants, suspenders, etc. and were male. She was delighted that these "angels" had come to protect her son. If that was me, I would have been terrified, thinking the fairies or leprechauns or some such Good Folk had come to take him. This account was told by a Christian woman, and I found it surprising that she intrepreted them as guardian angels.

Also read an interesting account where another Christian thought he was saved from a robber at a gas station late at night by two "guardian angels" who were 7-feet tall, wearing overalls, and had name patches on their uniforms indicating that there names were Clyde and Brutus.

But as a ten year old, when I had my "angelic" encounter, I did interpret it through my Catholic upbringing. She didn't have wings, though, was just utterly, otherworldly, beautiful.

So, it seems that some people interpret what we would consider high strangeness through the prism of their culture or religion, which only makes sense, really.

I rocked back in shock when I read Abissinya2's account of the Red Indian. For over 30 years now I have never forgotten the morning that I looked up at the curtains in my bedroom as the light was just beginning to break and saw a Red Indian in full head dress with his arms crossed. I mean, you don't often remember too much from when you was a kid, but this is as clear as day.

Its never happened again, but it must have been significant....

First Time Post GMP

When I read about the Indian chief standing still, arms crossed, looking protective, it reminded me of something - I thought, I've seen that, and it made me feel happy too, but it wasn't at home...

It was on a fairground ride in the mid 60s, when I was about 6 or 7.

In those days, there was a non-scary counterpart to the Ghost Train, with scenes of fairies and teddy bears' picnics and so on for little kids, and I was taken on it by my kindly big sister.

It was magical and I was enthralled, but it only lasted a few minutes.

Just as I realised that the ride was nearly over, there was one last figure - that Indian chief.

After the imaginary figures of the other tableaux, he looked impressively real, and yet somehow otherworldly. I thought he was marvelous.

So if I were to dream of a friendly chief standing beside my bed, I'd know where I got the idea from. ;)

Something/someone's been there and made a positive difference when it's been needed on numerous occasions, but no visions of angels or indians to report. In fact, if a guardian-angel in whatever form did bother to manifest itself, I suspect it would be red in the face with exasperation in my case and would probably say something along the lines of: ' You bloody idiot ! Keep this up, and you're going to find yourself on your own ! '

Once though, I must have caught the attention of a guardian-angel-type that had once been a prize-fighter. At the time I was misguidedly tolerating a physical bully, in the belief I could, through patience and forgiveness, change-him-and-bring-forth-the-wonderful-qualities-I-was-convinced-lay-there-just-waiting-to-burst-through.

One night though, the bully went too far. Initially there was nothing to set it apart from any other similar occasion, except on this particular night, I lost several minutes, for which I've never been able to account. I've seen reference in UFO forums, to 'walk ins'; apparently they're entities that walk-into people's bodies and oust the original owner. My experience was of only very brief duration however and thus might be termed a pop-in.

The bully began his routine as usual, but my patience and forgiveness deserted me for some reason. I leapt up on the bed, tore off my pin-on hair-piece; ripped out my false tooth and threw it; tossed my earrings and necklace across the room; kicked off my shoes and ....

At some undetermined point later, I found myself staring down at the bully who by this stage was cowering in a corner, his big muscled arms pulled up protectively to his head, his legs pulled up tight to his body, his battered face peeping fearfully at me from between his fingers. All that was left of his shirt was the neck and short sleeves and the strip that connected them and he was whimpering in fear. I was astonished. Who had done this? Not me, certainly; it was impossible. He was a giant who thought nothing of taking on two or three other giants at once; he was a legendary fighter. I was a skinny, scared-of-my-own-shadow girl six inches shorter and four stone lighter than he, in my best going-out mini-skirt outfit.

There was no-one else in the house though; just the bully and me.

When the bully grasped that his beating was over, he bolted like a scared cat. Strangely, we never discussed it afterwards, not ever. After he'd gone, I went around the room, retrieving all the bits I'd discarded when I'd stripped for battle. I didn't have a mark on me. I couldn't remember what had happened and have never remembered it. Missing time. I was at first mortified at what had occurred, then embarrassed, then fearful that I harboured King Kong. And fancy taking out my false-tooth, I thought. How could I have done that? It was my big, awful secret and I would normally have died before I'd let anyone see my missing tooth.

Nowadays, I attribute it to a very hands-on ex-boxer type who may well have been an apprentice and/or learner at guardian-angelship. Wings would definitely have got in his way, as would a feathered-headdress. Of course, there's always the possibility that my wingless, featherless guardian was female; a Boudicea type. Whatever the case, he/she was an angel of immediate action, lol.

Yes I do have a few experiences of Guardian Angels that I would like to share, the first was when I was a little boy of about six, I was in the local park with my mother and two younger brothers, I managed to break away from them and went wandering off by myself, there is a long alley at one end of the park that I clearly remember walking up, and this alley leads to a block of council flats and a dual carriageway just after the flats, and runs alongside the secondary school I would attend five years later, anyway I found myself in a quaint looking one story house like a bungalow and I remember being fed biscuits by a kind old lady, there was another boy there and we were all sitting at a table with a cookie jar in the middle, that is all I remember, but years later I found out that there has never been a house or bungalow of any kind for at least half a mile in each direction, just a big park, a school, council flats, and the local civic centre, I am also convinced that this bungalow was situated on the land the school is occupying, but of course there is no house of any kind on the school grounds, the next thing I remembered was walking back up the alley towards the park where I'd last seen my mother and brothers and remember the relief of my mother as she picked me up and hugged me, she had clearly been fraught with worry, she told me I had been gone for over an hour but the whole thing was condensed into the very short recollections I have of it, so who were the old lady and the young boy ? What was the house which I know very well has never been in that particular area ? I believe whoever they were they were sent to protect me and maybe prevent me from falling into the hands of a child abducted, if they were Guardian Angels then they took the forms of two types of people who I would be most at ease with, a kindly granny figure giving me biscuits and another little boy, maybe the other little boy also needed protecting and she was there to look after both of us ? I don't know, I have more questions than answers, but I remember it like it was yesterday, I am 36 now so that was 30 years ago now.

Another one was as a young adult in Feltham Young Offenders Institute here on the outskirts of West London, I was a troubled kid and had been sent down for stealing and joyriding cars, yes I am not proud of it but it was a part of my life and I won't disown it, and I only tell it as it's part of my encounter with what I believe to be an Angelic being I encountered in a dream while I was serving this sentence, I was about 18 or 19, it was probably my lowest point so far in my then young life, I might have been bullied there but I suppressed memories of it, anyway in this dream I was in a bright place, can't remember any other detail except brilliant bright light, and there was another young lad but dressed all in white like he had a white sheet draped around him, he looked so oddly familiar like I already knew him, for some reason he reminded me of another lad who was on the same wing as me, an Irish Traveller boy whose nickname in the jail was 'Popeye' for some reason, he was incredibly short, anyway I remember saying just one thing to this visitor in my dream and it was "Do you know Popeye ?" to which he quietly replied in the positive that he did know him, there was something about the knowing way in which he answered as though he knew everyone on the planet intimately, he had a shaven head and a big nose, he was also short, I remember thinking that he looked like a bishop piece on a chessboard we used to have at home when we were kids, don't ask must have been his nose lol, anyway I felt such a warm presence from him like he was concerned about me and had been sent to check up on me, he had dull blue eyes a top his parrot like nose, his skin was the palest of white, I have never forgotten the clear image I have of him, he clearly meant me no harm and was therefore a wholly positive interaction so I have concluded that he was some sort of Guardian Angel.

Mine, if I have one has been an older man driving a blue Marina estate , who gave me a gallon of petrol when he saw me pushing my bike in the middle of nowere, and refused money for it , and an old lady with one of those two wheeled shopping trolley things who walked slowly across the road at a crossroads on a hill when the lights had gone green , Had she not been there I would have pulled out in front of an unsighted car transporter that jumped the lights, or maybe i,m just lucky

Posted today by Carl Vernon without comment other than "Real or Coincidence?".

Back