• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

has their been any video footage of any type of crytpozoolog

A

Anonymous

hey,
I was wondering if there has ever been any documented video footage (good footage!!!) of any type of strange creature. It could be anything: dinosaur, lochness (a more incriminating version), a flying creature?. anything. i am curious...
ZERO

Sure there are some. There's bigfoot(The famous patterson film) Nessie(Usually wakes on the surface) Thunderbird(Sadly nothing to compare size to on the one I saw) and I'm sure you can find others. None of these are very good however. I think there is also video footage of those tasmanian dogs.

Then there is that new squid they discovered. Or octopus, one of those. And a new kind of striped rabbit, I think in vietnam.

There is a video floating about concerning the Migo lake monster, although the 90 minute investigation sems to show either a large crocodile being pulled along or indeed something genuine. I myself have hundreds of crypto documentaries showing alleged beasts, whether in the form of CHAMP, Yeti, Tasmanian Tiger. Most are usually debunked but anyone with any kind of sense can tell a hoax from an authentic sighting, although some hoaxes are pretty good. There has been some good exotic cat film and photo, ceratinly one mystery that is backed up with hard evidence whether in the form of prints, photo's, kills etc.

"but anyone with any kind of sense can tell a hoax from an authentic sighting"

How?

There's that one from malaysia showing dolphins or some kind of animals with a serrated spinal fin... did we ever get a verdict on that one?

ABC film

isn't there an ABC film? i think ive seen 1 of those. and wasn't the patterson film proven to be a fake?

The Patterson Bigfoot film has never been proven as a hoax to the best of my knowledge. I still think a great percentage of hoaxes or misidentifications are noticed - the Nessie stuff for me is ridiculously over the top. I agree that some folk get natural things on tape such as seals etc and may think they are filming a monster, but witnesses to such phenomena really shouldn't be so naive. I mean, people film wakes and scream, "MONSTER!!"...this isn't good for the phenomenon. There have been a few Bigfoot films, and the usual UFO stuff but I still think you can tell a lot of hoaxes.

The best ABC footage i can think of was taken by a farmer called Rosemary something (i want to say West, but no!)... was shown on a documentary on the Beeb, mid ninties I think. Showed a big black cat walking tractor tracks down the edge of a field. the most impressive thing was the sense of scale... at one point, it turned across the track and you could see it was easily as wide as the tractor tracks.. about four feet long they reckoned, when they measured it later, plus tail.
if anyone's really interested i must be able to find more details somewhere..

Rosemary Rhodes was her name, according to this newspaper clipping that i have skillfuly failed to date, filmed The Beast Of Bodmin Moor. Think it was '95

here is some video of champ if your interested

its 4.72 mb so it may take some time to download

click right mouse button on it and save as rather than just viewing it, that way u get a progress bar of your download

Champ Video

I don't think the Rosemary Rhodes 'cat' was a Black Leopard at all but her own!!! There has been far better ABC footage shot, one by a wildlife camerman...not sure where...where a lanky cat emerged from a hedgerow and sat in the middle of a field before springing away.
Rosemary Rhodes video was of her cat Thomas...it never moved like a Panther at all. And believe me, you'd be surprised at what lengths the beeb will go just to add a bit of drama to a documentary.

Ms Rhodes did remark "oh, it's just Tom Thumb" as she was filming the animal end on, but she changed her mind when she saw the full length of its body. like i said, the tractor tracks it walked across gave a pretty good idea of scale. looked pretty big to me.

*shrug*

not familiar with the other footage you refer to. i remember cctv footage of something once, which looked like a domestic. think that was in FT.

The cat footage I am referring to was clear, daylight. Rosemary Rhodes filmed her own cat, the way it trotted up the field, length of tail etc...and the fact that not long after the cat returned and ran back indoors past her. Usually gives it away.

well, it has been six years since i saw the film, so i don't feel qualified to argue on detail. ..
I'm usually the stubbornest skeptic in the playground, but i do remember this being quite convincing, so it can't have been that bad.

as i recall, it showed a large black cat strolling rather leisurely down the edge of a field in broad daylight. the camera zoomed in and out a few times, and Rhodes' voice can be heard, first saying it's her Thomas, and then "oh my god, look at that, look at the size of that." just because her own cat was out at the same time, this doesn't settle the issue.

*again i shrug*

been searching for a still or something, but i can't find one. if anyone can, i'd be interested to see if i remember right.

Yes, the king cheetah. This was a reported cheetah with variant markings including stripes down the back. No one believed the stories, even calling skins of them faked, until one was filmed in the wild. I've seen the video on TV, and it clearly showed the stripes and variant markings as had been described. Not as impressive as the Jersey Devil or Nessie, but nevertheless a cryptid proven real by film.

Back