• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Haunted Children's Toys

Kazza34

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Has anyone got any experiences of toys acting strangely? I am not really talking about dolls here (as there is already a topic on this) more the kind of things like Elmo-type toys or playmats and the like. I would be interested to learn some more.

i had a toy of a clown in a car.(it starts badly, doesn't it). It was battery run and when switched on it would roll along playing a tune while the clown spun round. (it can't get better from here!)
It would start up in the middle of the night. I'm a heavy sleeper and it wouldn't wake me. But it would wake mother who would come in in the night and turn it off.

Kazza34 said:
Has anyone got any experiences of toys acting strangely? I am not really talking about dolls here (as there is already a topic on this) more the kind of things like Elmo-type toys or playmats and the like. I would be interested to learn some more.

Wasn't there that crazy stuffed toy Stitch character, from the Disney Lilo and Stitch cartoon, that was up for sale on ebay. The seller recounted many scarey tales of this demonic cuddly. Even returning to the house after three attempts to get rid of it.

I'm sure it's sold by now, so don't know were to track down the things the seller wrote about it.

tickle.jpg

That's enough cooking sherry for one night.

There is one part in this account (21/22 may 2004) that concerns a childs toy TV coming to life... I can honestly say it scared the holy crap out of me.

Holy crud thats spooky! If its true.... $11,100 eh? Not bad for a few days work!

There was a Ghost Hunters episode where the lady of the house said the toys were activating by themselves -- sometimes without batteries in them.

The Ghost Hunters went down to the basement and in a bag of toys, a little dinasaur (or some sort of beasty) let out a toyish roar. The GHs said, "Do it again." And it did. Then they told it to do it three times, fast, and it did -- three times in a row. It was pretty creepy AND funny. They did sort of blow it off in the reveal*, IIRC, but it would have made me exit the basement right quick-like had I been there. I admit to cowardice in the dark.

*the "reveal" is where they put together the evidence/debunking and talk to the home owner about what they found/didn't find

An update on the "haunted" Stitch doll....

Apparently, the man who bought it ended up putting it back up for sale on Ebay. Someone bought it, backed out, and the person posting on the following board ended up getting it for free. Nothing happened.

http://boards.atlanticrecords.com/artis ... 016801/p/1

(sorry, I'm not sure how to link particular words, hence the long url)

volfie said:
There was a Ghost Hunters episode where the lady of the house said the toys were activating by themselves -- sometimes without batteries in them.

Reminds me of a few years ago now, when I was living in a place with wierd goings on (Spook spotted, loud noises from unoccupied rooms, toilet roll unraveling by itself ect.). God daughter got freaked by a Barbie horse she had. It was supposed to neigh and make other horsey noises. Started on it's own one night making distored noise versions of what it should sound like and she got scared but I explained it was probibly the batteries going. (Those lithium types.) So we took them out. The wierd thing was the toy continued to make the distored noises ramdomly.
She got quite scared at first but we turned it into a game to try and shut the thing up.
It had a lovely long swim in the bath but continued.
We tried ripping it's head off (! :shock: lol) but it still wouldn't give in. We packed in a box burried under loads of cuddly toys and stuff but you could still hear it.
We chucked it out in the end.
The other thing, though I don't think connected was some wierd phone calls I kept getting. One of the wierdest ever in fact but written about that in another thread.
Anyway, I kept getting number withheld calls that were silent except for the noise of a childs toy in the background. ???

EDIT: For clarity, and to add, to activate the horse noise you pressed on it's neck. It wouldn't work that way with batteries in or out. Also, the events took place over a few weeks and the noise wasn't constant, it would be short bursts.

Hmm, I'd be more convinced by non-electrical mechanical toys coming to life, like a Barbie or a soft toy. Given the volume kid's toys are turned out at now it's hardly surprising a few don't short circuit and groan instead of cry.

I did have a plastic doll when I was little that I dispised and hated being near. I just got the vibe from it that it was pure evil. It was the eyes, they *looked* at you. :shock: :lol:
Never did anything, or nothing happened with it. It was just born that way I reckon. ;)

I've mentioned this before but me and everyone I've talked to who owned one was terrified by their Baby Wanna-Walk doll.
Scariest little kewpie-faced thing I've ever seen

Talking of scary Kewpie dolls, look at these ads I saw in Japan. Would you believe that this advertises pasta sauce made from cod's roe!
Ad 1
Ad 2
Ad 3

Just a tip:

Don't watch the kewpie doll commercials while simultaneously listening to Twisted Sister's "Burn in Hell"!!

:lol:

There's a toy telephone in our house that keeps switching itself on and making noises. I think it's more to do with the hefty dose of baby puke deposited into the speaker vents rather than any supernatural influence.

I had a talking Bubbles from the Powerpuff Girls doll. She said one of three phrases when you pressed her tummy, and she lived on top of my bookcase.

I was sitting on my bedone day, on the other side of the room and heard a thud, only to find that Bubbles had fallen off, although none of the other toys I had up there had. I picked her up, pressed her tummy, and the first thing she said was, 'I like flying!'.

The whole thing would have been a lot spookier if that wasn't one of her three stock phrases! Not all that spooky, but it amused me.

Waylander28 said:
I'm sure it's sold by now....

But does that matter? It will obviously....come....back....

it's there in the shadows now

running_girl said:
The whole thing would have been a lot spookier if that wasn't one of her three stock phrases!

Of course the other two phrases were "Kill! Kill them all!" and "Possess me now, God of the blood-dripping-knife." <ggg>

running_girl said:
The whole thing would have been a lot spookier if that wasn't one of her three stock phrases! Not all that spooky, but it amused me.

:lol:

I loathe dolls, especially those ceramic ones with the glassy eyes. *shudders*

How about Robert the haunted doll?

I can remember reading an article years ago about a woman who started collecting dolls after she found out she couldn't have children. She started to treat them as if they were babies, dressing them, pretending to feed them etc. Anywho one of the dolls started to take on a life of its own, moving about the room when no one was looking, head moving and eyes blinking and such like. It was if she had imprinted emotional energy into it.

My own account was that I was sitting talking to a friend in her living room, all her kids were out the house and the toys were stored under a coffee table about six feet from where we were sitting. All of a sudden one of the toys started playing a tune. My friend just shrugged and said 'Isn't that weird'. Mind you I have witnessed some very odd stuff in her house.

hallybods said:
I can remember reading an article years ago about a woman who started collecting dolls after she found out she couldn't have children. She started to treat them as if they were babies, dressing them, pretending to feed them etc. Anywho one of the dolls started to take on a life of its own, moving about the room when no one was looking, head moving and eyes blinking and such like. It was if she had imprinted emotional energy into it.

:shock: Why do I always read these things, alone, in the early hours, when it's dark... :shock: :roll:

hallybods said:
:shock: Why do I always read these things, alone, in the early hours, when it's dark... :shock: :roll:

Maybe it's because you like being scared? :p

I read things late at night and then I start to think I hear/see things which aren't actually there. :roll:

From the "children's art lab" in the Schiedam museum:
That thing would keep me up at night :)

child.jpg

I think I have told this before but at my younger daughter’s house a musical tea pot would go off in the middle of the night for no reason.

It got so bad that the husband made sure it was thrown out in the garbage.

Back