• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Haunted People?

Vida Loca

Devoted Cultist
I was wondering if anyone is or knows someone they believe is haunted i.e. being followed everywhere by a ghost or similar. I was told a story the other day about this happening to someone I know who appears to have strange happenings follow them, even to work. Having said that the person who told me about this is known to tell stories if you get my drift. So until I see the person it is supposedly happening to who can confirm or deny I am putting it down to a fertile imagination. So does anyone have any views or accounts of something like this happening?

I feel so sorry for your friend Iris.

Somewhere on here I've written about my grandparents' house which appeared to be haunted by some very active ghosts.. However, the ghosts disappeared just like that when my grandfather died, so we assume they were attached to him somehow.

Also there is this, regarding another relation (clearly we are a very strange family. :) )
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/old-dreams.64454/page-2#post-1799778
and this - same relation:
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/mirror-rituals.64624/#post-1796418

Having been around for some of these incidents and seen how strange and/or frightening it could be, I have no doubt that something weird was going on.

Thanks Ulalume will have a read of those.

The feeling of being haunted could go hand in hand with personal belongings actually being tainted through curses or demonic possession.

Doesn't bear thinking about *shudder*

There's a very famous Henry James short story called Sir Edmund Orme, in which a person is haunted. I highly recommend it.

Somewhere on here I've written about my grandparents' house which appeared to be haunted by some very active ghosts.. However, the ghosts disappeared just like that when my grandfather died, so we assume they were attached to him somehow.
or he was perpetrating ?

Back