• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Do you know if the 6 residents had bought or could they have been renting from the owner?

6 owners in 6 years is certainly unusual..
Hunck.

From what I recall (it was 16 years back) all the tenants had taken out mortgages to live at the property.

And it was more than 6 buyers / sellers in 6 years, more like 10 buyers / sellers. I didn’t know about this when we viewed the place otherwise I would have asked the neighbours, it was only after looking around the house I did some research on its history.

Now there’s a thought. I going to look on right move right now and see if it’s up for sale.

I assumed bully neighbours perhaps, but I met both sets of neighbours when I viewed the property and both sets were middle aged, nice, polite and friendly.
Obvious question - did you ask them if they knew anything?

Edit: OK, I just read your other post.

Can't find this posted, so it must go here!
Most Haunted pubs & Inns Britain With Richard Felix (VHS Capture)

Lots of interesting history as well as folklore and spooky goings on without all the irritating behaviors.
(Other than the occasional issue of what to do with his hands while he talks . . . .)

“Oh no madam, we don’t employ re-enactors. That was the ghost of...” The landlord said.

Oh so it MUST have been a ghost then. Of course.

“Oh no madam, we don’t employ re-enactors. That was the ghost of...” The landlord said.

Oh so it MUST have been a ghost then. Of course.
“Then what about this highwayman working behind the bar?” The lady asks. “Oh no madam, this is not a barman, we don’t employ re-enactors, this is the ghost of...”
After which the landlord promptly sends the ghost down to the cellar because the Stella’s gone off again.

I'm surprised that no one has asked why he was nicknamed "Fingers" Felix...!

Last edited:
But, would Cath have found it amusing to be goosed in the dark? (Hypothetically—I hope—speaking.)
Of course, nobody thinks to ask the trigger objects if they minded being handled in the dark. :D Not even me!

In any case, his hands do seem too busy at times!

A post from Mumsnet:

"ClientQ · 29/04/2020 03:14

I have a few. We lived in a pub that used to be a courthouse, the cellar was a mortuary at one point. There was also a priest hole, a hidden tunnel and there is a memorial on the moors for someone that was killed by a gun borrowed from the landlord of the pub at the time
To add, my dad is the least woo person ever and ended up naming the "ghost" Matthew. When ever anything went missing we would be "FFS Matthew, put it BACK"
Blush
Grin

My dad has locked up the pub [continued in link]

https://www.mumsnet.com/talk/am_i_b...ppened-to-you-that-you-can-not-explain?page=5

Doesn't state the name or location of the pub although it mentions a moor. I can't find this haunting in a Google search, can anyone shed any light on it...?

Last edited:
A post from Mumsnet:

"ClientQ · 29/04/2020 03:14

I have a few. We lived in a pub that used to be a courthouse, the cellar was a mortuary at one point. There was also a priest hole, a hidden tunnel and there is a memorial on the moors for someone that was killed by a gun borrowed from the landlord of the pub at the time
To add, my dad is the least woo person ever and ended up naming the "ghost" Matthew. When ever anything went missing we would be "FFS Matthew, put it BACK"
Blush
Grin

My dad has locked up the pub [continued in link]

https://www.mumsnet.com/talk/am_i_b...ppened-to-you-that-you-can-not-explain?page=5

Doesn't state the name or location of the pub although it mentions a moor. I can't find this haunting in a Google search, can anyone shed any light on it...?

Possibly the Bingley Arms in Bardsey, West Yorkshire, which claims both priest holes and having been a courthouse (inns were historically used for inquests and the like so whether this is strictly true may be up for debate).

Our local The Bourne Arms is supposedly haunted I haven't been in for some
time but used to call about once a week only thing I have ever seen was one
day a dog that was often in and never made any noise or fuss suddenly took
against something at the side of the fire place, it was very odd and was commented
on by many in the room.
Anyway one of the ghosts is supposed to be that of a little girl though I don't know
why she should haunt the place, this pic was posted on Face ache this week from
the security cam seemingly showing something standing at the front door though
the woman near the car seems to be beckoning or pointing towards it so it could
just be a small child that as somehow become bleared.

1661160232943.jpeg

against something at the side of the fire place, it was very odd and was commented
on by many in the room.
Anyway one of the ghosts is supposed to be that of a little girl though I don't know

View attachment 58257
Odd! Small child in a beaver costume?

That could be a cat. Seems more likely than a child in a beaver costume..

Thinking about it I have seen something like it a few years back, it was walking out
on the sands heading towards the sea looked like a big penguin, even through
binoculars I could not tell what it was, brought it to the attention of 2 or 3 others
non could decided what it was one said it looked like a big bottle it was to far out
to give chase never seen that again either.

on by many in the room.

View attachment 58257
It’s a Hobbit!

Reactions: RaM
It’s a Hobbit!

A bit more o the Bourne Arms, it is also reputed to be haunted by a chap that sits at the
bar drinking, again I have not knowingly seen him but can think why he may be there,
A local guy before my time used to sit there every night always went home pissed then
one day he was gone, they only found 1 of his shoes on the slipway, but a body was never
found, the thinking was he had turned left instead of right leaving the pub and walked off
the slipway, if the tide is running there's no coming back even for strong swimmers.

on by many in the room.

View attachment 58257
Looks like a dog to me. Why on earth anyone would assume it was a 'ghost' I've no idea! Lady has her car door open, probably trying to get her dog back in...

Back