• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Haunted Skies series

taras

Least Haunted
Surprised I couldn't find a thread on this series of books already. I've only got two volumes (the original volume 1: 1940-1959, and today got volume 9: 1981-1986)

What are people's thoughts? They seem very comprehensive, and the newer vol 9 is presented nicely in full colour. Although having a quick look at vol 8 (1980) it looks like it has a heavy focus on the Rendlesham and Alan Godfrey cases, and might be a bit too credulous for my tastes.

Even if it doesn't all align with my own views, it does seem like a worthwhile project and obviously a lot of work is going into it. Shame the books are £25-£30 each!

Never heard of them, sound cool, but i would never pay that for a book

Surprised I couldn't find a thread on this series of books already. I've only got two volumes (the original volume 1: 1940-1959, and today got volume 9: 1981-1986)

What are people's thoughts? They seem very comprehensive, and the newer vol 9 is presented nicely in full colour. Although having a quick look at vol 8 (1980) it looks like it has a heavy focus on the Rendlesham and Alan Godfrey cases, and might be a bit too credulous for my tastes.

Even if it doesn't all align with my own views, it does seem like a worthwhile project and obviously a lot of work is going into it. Shame the books are £25-£30 each!

There is an interview video with the author on the RichPlanet website that you may like!

Never heard of them, sound cool, but i would never pay that for a book

Fortean Times = 80 pages for £4.50 = 5.6p per page
Haunted Skies = 500 pages for £25 = 5p per page (and no ads)

.... :headspinner:

There is an interview video with the author on the RichPlanet website that you may like!
Ta, having a look now. Sounds from this like he is very 'nuts-and-bolts'.

Last edited:
Back