• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Haunted Underground Trains: London Documentary

HauntedHeart

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
For anyone interested in the underground train stations of London, UK, there is a documentary available free on Youtube which explores some of the ghostly accounts, gruesome history and experiences of staff whilst working there. I'm guessing it was recorded some time in the 90's, but it covers some eerie stories and I found parts of it quite unsettling!

Here is the link if you want to watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvaFBTzdqus

There is a previous thread to it somewhere. It is an excellent documentary, I personally find the underground fascinating. If you have a look for the thread called 'Hidden Underground' I think, you will find a big thread where the underground is discussed. I'm afraid I'm poor at locating such threads though - sorry!

Oooh, thanks Spudrick, I'll have to see if I can find it. The underground has always fascinated me, and when you see how many deaths and disturbed grave sites there have been, it's not hard to see why.

Ohhh yes, lots of odd things happen on the undergroud :D

Thanks for searching it out - you're a star :yeay:
I had a brief look myself but never came across it.
I'll have a quick read through.

Sorry to hear you're off work and hope you're on the mend!

Thanks for that HH, you're really getting in the spirit of things.

You're welcome! Hope you enjoy it, I thought it was pretty good :)

Hope your veins heal up soon, Spudrick.

Yup Spudrick, glad you've got that out of the way! :D

Spudrick68 said:
I was in hospital yesterday having varicose veins stripped in one leg.

That made me feel quite queasy, for some reason. I had a vision of a surgeon pulling a long piece of spaghetti out of a hole in your leg.

Spudrick68 said:
Found it. :D

http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewt ... nderground

I was in hospital yesterday having varicose veins stripped in one leg. So I may be on here more than normal as I'm off work and can't walk anywhere.

So I had a look and found the thread that you may find interesting.

Hope you are ok. I may well have to get my varicose veins dealt with one of these days.

Thank you for your kind words. I actually wanted to keep a bit of one in surgical alcohol in a bottle, but chickened out of asking for a piece of my vein!

Wanting to keep a part of your own body?? How "vein" can you be?? ;)

LOL
*Hoping you get that joke, or I'll just look plain rude lol*

Spudrick68 said:
Thank you for your kind words. I actually wanted to keep a bit of one in surgical alcohol in a bottle, but chickened out of asking for a piece of my vein!

They'd have given it back to yo if you'd asked in advance!
I had an operation a couple of weeks ago which involved losing a bit of my body. On the day I forgot all about asking for it but have now decided to get a pig one and stick it in a jar of vinegar to show around! :lol:

escargot1 said:
I had an operation a couple of weeks ago which involved losing a bit of my body. On the day I forgot all about asking for it but have now decided to get a pig one and stick it in a jar of vinegar to show around! :lol:

Why did you have your tail cut off?

Ringo_ said:
Spudrick68 said:
I was in hospital yesterday having varicose veins stripped in one leg.

That made me feel quite queasy, for some reason. I had a vision of a surgeon pulling a long piece of spaghetti out of a hole in your leg.

It made me feel queasy too, until I came to your comment which took my mind of it nicely.

Ghosts of the Underground is a wonderful documentary, I've watched it many times. I love the driver and the guard describing what happened in the loops somewhere.

escargot1 said:
Spudrick68 said:

I dread to think...!

Indeed, they're usually pretty good about doing that. My daughter recently had a couple of surgical screws removed which had been holding her knee together while it healed (she came off her motorbike), and they gave her the screws in a little pot.

You'd have thought they could have rinsed them off first, though... :shock:

Back