• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Having A Small Penis And Driving A Sports Car May Be Linked After All

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
It’s a trope almost universally acknowledged that men with a penchant for fast cars are overcompensating for being a little less well-endowed. Just a stereotype, you may think, and an unflattering one at that. Well, what if we told you that a group of psychologists has not only investigated this scientifically, but may have actually found some evidence to suggest it’s true?

In each round of the experiment, participants were shown a statement on the screen for seven seconds, followed by a picture of a product – some luxury, and some everyday items. They were asked to drag a slider to show how much they would like to have the product. To finish, they were shown either the original statement again, or a statement with a subtle change, and asked whether it was true or false.

Buried within all these questions were some statements about average penis size. These particular statements were always followed by a picture of a sports car. The thing is, although the participants had been led to believe that these statements were factual, sometimes they were not.

In order to try to manipulate the participants’ self-esteem, some of the group were told that the average size of an erect penis is 18 centimeters (7.1 inches), while the rest were told that it is 10 centimeters (4 inches). The real average is somewhere in between. The idea was that men who were told that the average size is much larger than it is would consequently believe that their own penis was on the smaller side, and that the opposite would be true for those who were told that the average is smaller than it actually is.

When they computed the results, the team found that the men made to believe that their penises were smaller than average were more likely to rate sports cars as highly desirable. There was also an effect of age, with this trend being much more marked in men over the age of 30.

https://www.iflscience.com/having-a...ng-a-sports-car-may-be-linked-after-all-67026

maximus otter

This brings back memories of when I was at college. We had a mature student in our class who was a pompous windbag who would try to take over every class. We were at psychology one day and, we had a very attractive young lecturer and windbag would always try to start a discussion about sex.
This time he decided his subject would be phallic symbols and off he went about how cars are phallic symbols and the bigger the car the bigger the owner's penis and the more virile he was.
Our lecturer sat listening and when he paused for breath, smiled sweetly and said "I heard that your Mini failed its MOT... again."
He was very quiet after that.

It feels to me like the person who thought up this study had a point to prove to someone.

Having read the comments on here to MrsF - I quote;
"You're all bloody children."
True that. Many years ago a friend of mine made the suggestion that many of the problems between men and women were because females are encouraged to grow up quickly with short childhoods and men never stop being little boys!

And yet I can hear laughing from the other room....
AT you, not with you! Sillly billy!

True that. Many years ago a friend of mine made the suggestion that many of the problems between men and women were because females are encouraged to grow up quickly with short childhoods and men never stop being little boys!

AT you, not with you! Sillly billy!
Not me! It's the other jokers. Mind you, she was crying at one point.
Not sure whether it was via laughter or desperation.

Didn't think that through tbh, but I'd imagine an automatic is less of a challenge than a manual.
Without wishing to appear rude there is somewhere you could fit the gearstick but it may make your eyes water which wouldn't be safe while you're driving.

I've got a diminutive Hyundai i10, and it does nothing to make up for the snail peeping out of its shell that I call a penis. If anything, I'd say the two are aesthetically similar.

Could this explain the modded farters in urban areas?
Only noticed it since the pandemic, seems penis size is on the increase, perhaps a side effect of the vaccines?

On a serious note, I do wonder about this. Was on top of Loughrigg Fell and could still hear the f*ckers as if they were up close, speeding through Ambleside. A year previous...nothing apart from the occasional motorbike.

Anyone else familiar with this?

Since coming to an urban area, it's all around. Glad to be leaving soon, but methinks the damn things will follow me. I recall reading an article mid pandemic concerning a small village in Derbyshire, where otherwise secluded villages were plagued by the things.

Are we in the midst of an 'increase'?

Could this explain the modded farters in urban areas?
Only noticed it since the pandemic, seems penis size is on the increase, perhaps a side effect of the vaccines?

On a serious note, I do wonder about this. Was on top of Loughrigg Fell and could still hear the f*ckers as if they were up close, speeding through Ambleside. A year previous...nothing apart from the occasional motorbike.

Anyone else familiar with this?

Since coming to an urban area, it's all around. Glad to be leaving soon, but methinks the damn things will follow me. I recall reading an article mid pandemic concerning a small village in Derbyshire, where otherwise secluded villages were plagued by the things.

Are we in the midst of an 'increase'?
Had a problem here with them a few years ago, often going through the night into the early hours. It seems to have calmed down now though. A few section 59s handed out may be something to do with it.

Back