• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Hayling Island

Kondoru

Beloved of Ra
A Day out! Joy!

But is there anything worth seeing? There is a beach (no idea if good for sea glass) and a theme park)

And thats it.

I did find there isa Saxon font in St Marys.

The disused railway, including the remains of the bridge back to the mainland, is quite interesting, if that's your thing! Not a whole lot to see nowadays, but the scenery is pleasant.

I used to ride over for some wild beach parties! I doubt there's a notice though.

Had a look at that Hampshire guide, -there doesn't seem to be a lot.

I enjoyed it as a child but then I was mostly interested in the beach.

Does look nice though.

Take your shorts/cozzie and have a spalsh!

... and set your clocks to about 1955.

I don't mean 5 to 8, either.

A Day out! Joy!

But is there anything worth seeing? There is a beach (no idea if good for sea glass) and a theme park)

And thats it.

I did find there isa Saxon font in St Marys.

Had a day out there a couple of weeks ago.
Beach is pebbly, but nice enough.
Sea-front car park seemed a bit pricey.
Stopped at a lovely pub just over the bridge on the way back (Ship Inn).

It was good, a place to chill rather than do exciting stuff.

The AS font was good; an architectural design rather than the geometric I expected.

We went down Ferry point, nice walks, wildlife, a pub...a ferry to Portsmouth if you get desperate for something more exciting.

It was good, a place to chill rather than do exciting stuff.

The AS font was good; an architectural design rather than the geometric I expected.

We went down Ferry point, nice walks, wildlife, a pub...a ferry to Portsmouth if you get desperate for something more exciting.
I have found lots of hagstones (stones with a natural hole in them) on Hayling Island beach. I always put them on a leather thong and give them to people for good luck.

I have found lots of hagstones (stones with a natural hole in them) on Hayling Island beach. I always put them on a leather thong and give them to people for good luck.

I always found loads there - and Portsmouth/Southsea beaches as well.

Back