• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Head Of World's 'Largest Family' Dies In India, Leaving 39 Wives, 94 Children

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
A man believed to have the world’s largest family, including 39 wives, 94 children, 33 grandchildren and one great-grandchild, has died in the northeastern Indian state of Mizoram.

TELEMMGLPICT000261282200_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqaRL1kC4G7DT9ZsZm6Pe3PehAFAI_f6ud569StXyOKH0.jpeg

Ziona Chana, 76, was the head of a polygamous Christian religious sect with 4,000 members, and his extended family all lived together in one 100-room, four-storied mansion in the remote village of Baktawng Tlangnuam.

Mr Chana, a construction worker, developed a rota system for which of his wives would share his bed on any given night, with his remaining spouses sharing a dormitory nearby.

His children and their partners lived in different rooms in the building but shared a common kitchen. The household was self-sufficient, running its own school and growing its own crops.

As a result, his unconventional mansion has become something of a tourist attraction.

TELEMMGLPICT000261282278_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqn2n2hk5qKEJ--A9z8HbLAsG1A3ARvkKPXv0GiMUZykA.jpeg

Ziona Chana's four-storey purple mansion is called 'Chhuanthar Run', which means 'The House of the New Generation', and is home to all 181 members of the family

“With heavy heart, Mizoram bid farewell to Ziona, believed to head the world’s largest family," said Mizoram’s Chief Minister, Zoramthanga, who like many inhabitants of the state goes by one name.

"Mizoram and his village at Baktawng Tlangnuam has become a major tourist attraction in the state because of the family. Rest in Peace Sir!”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...st-family-dies-india-leaving-behind-39-wives/

maximus otter

Only 33 grandchildren from 94 children? Unless he didnt start all this until late in life? mmmm

I never said it was did I? Although of course now you mention it, it could have been depending on what rules he'd set up.

I suppose if he kept on fathering children up until he snuffed it a lot of them will be too young as yet to reproduce. I wonder where they will get their partners from?

Anyway I hate it that old man can still father children it's a personal grouse, one of many issues I'll take up with God should, when the time arrives, I discover that he does exist. :)

Sollywos

Back