• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Hearing Voices After EVP Experiments

Hi Brian

I have had something similar happen to me, tho not from EVP. The house I lived in at the time was haunted, this I knew for sure. I would lay in bed at night and hear them talking, it seemed like I was listening to a conversation several ppl were having about me, at one point they actually reacted to me quietly asking a question.

It did make me wonder if I was going loopy at the time, however, when I had had enough of it I did shout quite angrily at them to shut the f*** up. Since then, nothing.

Hope you are pulling through matey, keep strong. Always here if its needed.

Kris

I have health problems now; I wear a heart monitor now because my heart is acting up.

I had an operation where they cut out 3 main arteries because they were 100% blocked and put in graphs. I'm sure they are the ones behind it all.

The bad thing is I'm possessed now because I have crazy thoughts like while I pray to Jesus I try to kill him at the same time or like when I pray for my family I slap them, spit at them, all kinds of just crazy thoughts go though my head.

I have destroyed the ghost box but now I do not need one they talk to me all the time without it.

They use any kind of fan noise or any thing with a sound to form there words. I'm lucky if I get to sleep because of them talking and telling me how I'm going to die or what they are going to do to me in hell.

They almost killed me because of my heart problems.

They put my feet on fire but to where it did not burn my skin but was very hot and stuck me with something in my back that was sharp and it went next to my heart. The pain was bad but it could have been worse I guess and they was talking about killing me this big sounding voice.

I have resisted posting too much here and I have to be careful how I write this. This is not directed at you, Brian. This is directed at the 3rd party reports that you have posted.

I have come across all of these complaints (and many more serious) during different investigations and I can say with 100% certainty that none of those people were possessed or suffering at the hands of demonic forces. We could prove and discover reasons for all of these complaints. Unfortunately, for the people suffering them, they were unable to see or comprehend the real reasons for what they were/are suffering mostly because of psychosis, paranoia and/or other health issues. The acts of dabbling with EVP, ouija boards and even holding strong religious beliefs had allowed a floodgate to open for them and they became fixated (one could almost say possessed) by the idea.

A simple example. One lady I met was "possessed" and tormented by a demon who also posed as a Polish railroad worker (depending upon what the "demon" told her). She was screaming, wailing, tears poured down her cheeks and she was on her knees begging for help. She has plastered her walls with handwritten notes, prayers, confessions, drawings etc. As she writhed and moaned and struggleds she said that she felt his energy taking over her body. She complained that he sucked all of the energy from not only her but from the atmosphere and even the electrics in the room. "That's why nothing electrical works", she told us. She described how all of the lightbulbs in her apartment now struggle to illuminate properly and that "he" is stealing the energy, trying to ruin her eyesight too. To make her blind.

One quick inspection showed that she had cheap, low-energy lightbulbs that had been installed by the janitor. She was in managed accommodation and the janitor had explained what they were and how they worked. When you flicked the switch, they took an age to get to full strength. She was in the habit of switching them off as soon as possible to save money. So they never got a chance to illuminate at full strength. Despite being told how they worked, she was in such a state that the low light was proof of demonic interference. As was the black mess in her toilet (a result of her medication) and her teeth falling out (a result of not brushing).

So you see, once you are "possessed" then they are responsible for everything and the downward spiral begins.

Brian, just a point...
Regarding your posts that quote accounts of other people's experiences, please could you put them in quotes so we can distinguish between their words and your words? I'm referring particularly to your post at the top of this page.
To quote, just select the text, click the '+' symbol between the smiley face and the filmstrip and select the Quote option in the menu.
Cheers! :cool:

for the past few months the voices I hear have been reduced from several to probably about 3 now, at least on a regular basis, other voices seem to come and go but from day to day, these 3 are always present...I mostly just refer to them as #1, #2 & #3

#1 sounds like a sinister mocking teenage girl

#2 is a real whispery female voice, I mostly hear her at night when things are quiet...it's like shouting...but in whispers, it's weird

#3 sounds like someone trying to fake sounding like something else...all the time...it's a male voice

they don't really refer to themselves by name much, except I keep hearing several times a day...."you're favorite is doing this to you"

this refers to back when I first started recording EVP, back when every voice I heard seemed friendly and harmless, there was one I developed more of a rapport with than the others, it was a female voice, she was always the first voice I heard whenever I listened to my recording

but I think my friend also may certainly be correct that it's just one spirit causing me problems, but using different voices....the number has been reducing over time, but it's still hard to tell at this current stage that I'm at with this

So crazy reading your post bc my experiences are quite similar. My regular evp voices are a whispery female, a whispery (and loud sometimes) male (usually moody), and various other voices that come and go.

I've spent my fair share of research time on this. And really for this one, the internet doesn't offer much. There's simply too much religious propaganda and the people who claim to have answers usually want to Bible thump.

Here's what I know. They speak in real time. They are always around, many sometimes. NOTHING has effect with removing them. But really they have no power compared to me, unless I allow them to cause me fear - and really the only time I was in fear were a few days durring the first time aquiring this understanding of being a reality.

Really curious to see if your evps are similar. I have a little bit of a spiritual background and study many forms of esoteric sciences. Also I haven't read through all of these forums, I basically found your post from Google and became a member here.

This reminded me of something that you may brush off as irrelevant if you wish.

Let me just say, I don't doubt that people hear voices. I'm sure that's a perfectly standard (if unusual) human thing. (I don't believe they come from outside of the person though, from 'spirits' or whatever independent entities - that's just my opinion - I'm assuming the voices are from a weirdly-functioning bit of the brain).

Anyway, a bit different from hearing voices as such, some years ago, a relative of mine had been under stress with moving house to a different part of the country. She was having some trouble with her ears - this was later diagnosed as tinnitus. But when this first came up, she was getting really quite obsessed and stressed about tracing "a noise" in her environment. I think she devoted a lot of energy to listening for this noise (I'm not sure if there actually was a noise originally, perhaps there was), a lot of concentration, mental energy and time.

That reminded me of how people listen to EVP recordings, that they go over and over them again, straining to hear sense in the noises. And the human brain is evolved to make sense of things. So it will really try to hear sense in the noises, even if that's difficult.

It struck me that perhaps this "training" has made people who were listening to EVP and are now hearing voices - could that be the brain having gone into overdrive and now finding voices everywhere?

just a thought

Last edited:
Thank you Brian for responding so calmly and clearly, I'm glad you didn't take offence as I didn't mean to cause any. It's very pertinent what you say at the end - that 'the danger is still there whether its origin is paranormal or tricks of the mind. It's very interesting in that the effects are not just mental sensations but physical ones.

But I would think that if I truly believed there were evil things out there causing the sensations and intent on causing me harm, it would not help me in combatting those sensations or even believing that I could, so it would not help my efforts to get out of the situation? Whereas believing it was a product of an overtuned brain might leave me with a thread of sanity to cling on to. What's reality to us anyway I know, largely what our brains choose to let us believe. But there is a larger concensus of reality out there, that would insist those voices are a product of some weird chemistry in your brain, which maybe could be put straight with the right intervention.
I mean it must be excessively wearing and stressful having to listen to them all the time? Have you tried anything / sought help from doctors to help sort them out? Or do you not believe it's the sort of thing a doctor could help with?

Also (and this may also sound a bit irrelevant, but it's along the same lines of 'energy flows where attention goes') - a year or two ago I was really getting into meditating, and I'd started doing sessions where I concentrated on sensations in the body (this was very basic stuff, actually using a guided meditation). I became aware of unpleasant sensations in my abdomen, and ended up freaking myself out considerably, thought I had something Nasty, and went to the doctor (I never go to the doctor on a whim). I didn't have anything though. And having heard it from the doctor, I believed I wasn't about to die adn that everything was ok. I imagine it was just my dinner digesting and i'd never noticed or thought about it or concentrated on it so much before, I wasn't even aware of it before but I'd turned it into this massive thing. I've stopped doing that sort of meditation and I don't notice the sensations any more. I know it's a bit different but how could you 'undo' your attention on these voices?

oh and ps - I think the brain is capable of much more than we give it credit for - think of dreams for a start. that's not your conscious brain coming up with all that stuff, but every night you get a whole constructed universe with buildings and characters you can interact with and everything. So I'm sure it's possible you can come up with stuff you don't ordinarily think you can and you're not 'far too unintelligent'! - don't do yourself down.

Last edited:
Evp recorder truisms: (Have been an EVP recorder since 1992)

Woe to any EVP recorders who do not possess a sound mind and body because recording on a regular basis can open up a whole pandora's box of phenomena one may not be emotionally, spiritually and even physically prepared to handle.

If one does not first establish a Control or Guardian, that keeps out the bad and only lets the good and authentic come in, the following will occur:

If you are conducting EVP recording sessions on a regular basis over a certain length of time, depending who it is, eventually you will hear those same EVP contacts (and others too) in your head and sometimes even outside of you too making it seem like they are standing right next to you.

These entities can and will attach to you. They may claim to be a deceased loved one or friend... but they are not. Some are other voices that don't identify themselves.

They can do things like thump on walls, shake the table you're sitting at, hide things, come over short wave radio, your phone etc... At some point, some EVP recorders actually end up having whoever they are in contact with via EVP showing up in their photographic material too. I know what I'm talking about because this is what eventually started happening to me. Both the invited and the "not invited" can show up that way.

The only way to get rid of those voices and attachments, at least to a certain extent, is to stop conducting EVP recording sessions.

Many EVP voices originate from unknown intelligence's that some simply call the mimickers. They know everything about whoever they are posing as and more importantly, they know everything about YOU too. When other EVP voices of your loved ones pop in and say that so-and-so is NOT who it claims to be... or worse, that it's a demon, believe it.

Many new EVP recorders experience the "Mr. Grump" phenomenon, a foul mouthed entity known for spewing off strings of obscenities who will tell you your most embarrassing secrets. They will eventually stop doing that but will pose as any deceased male family member or close male friend of yours. Nevertheless, you will recognize him anyway as "Mr. Grump" due to the harsh quality of his voice and his bossy demeanor. IOW's, he still sounds like Mr. Grump no matter who he eventually claims to be but rest assured, he is NOT that person. That entity can pose as any female you know too but his voice will still sound gender ambiguous. Right from the get-go, he's very possessive of you and will not like it when you're talking to somebody else. Sometimes he will block whomever you want to come in via EVP too. IOW's, he will sabotage your EVP sessions in any way possible if
he doesn't get his way.

Back to "Controls". Some people will be assigned a Control right from the get-go to protect them... others will not be assigned a Control until they've been recording EVP for much longer periods of time. Some NEVER get a Control.
One way to get a good Control is to associate with another EVP recorder who has one and request that they ask their Control to become a Control for them too. Sometimes that even just happens automatically via ones friendship with that person. Should add though that it's still iffy if that good control is "good". We simply never know who and what it is no matter who it claims to be. In my view, it's not worth the risk.

The entities at the control board that are heard at the beginning of EVP sessions for long time EVP recorders call themselves The Messengers. They are like cosmic switchboard operators and will announce your name and your family's surname at the beginning of your session. They do this to inform your EVP contacts that you are starting up a new session.

There's a lot more but that's it for now but the bottom line is this, once you open up this portal.... the electronic one, there's no turning back and it's with you for the rest of your life. So beware of what you wish for, because you just might get it...

Last edited:
Brian,
Well I'm very glad that you've found your own way to deal with them / cope with them. I can completely appreciate not wanting to go down the medication route as it can come with its own problems. And perhaps pills would just mask the problem, whereas you are having to find your own strategy to make it go away (as much as possible... I do hope if they've got better as you say, that they'll continue to be less and less intrusive and maybe they'll die away altogether one day, I do hope so) - you sound like you've given it much reflective thought and surely that must be a help in that you're sort of taking hold of the situation rather than being a victim of it.

I'm glad to hear you say 'they couldn't really do anything to me if I didn't fear them, except be annoying', because to live in fear would not be good for anyone's health at all. And it sounds like the situation is getting better as a result of your realisation? Evidently I don't know your situation and state of mind but it sounds like you're not in the same place as last spring. But I hope you would call that ambulance if you had to - if it gets that bad you don't have to deal with it on your own. (I mean I know it's within your head so it is you dealing with it on your own in a very real sense. But I just mean there are people who can support you if you get to a desperate state).

The whole poltergeist phenomenon is a very weird thing and I'm quite sure the world is a lot stranger than we can imagine. I'm sorry you've got caught up in such a peculiar and unpleasant situation (even if you sound like you totally take responsibility for it being a result of your actions, which also sounds like a positive attitude for getting through all this successfully). I hope everything gets increasingly better for you.

Best to error on the side of caution and not even start recording EVP because we just don't know if they are who they say they are. Then there are those eventual, if not horrific problems that spring up too. It can turn into a real nightmare.

Good that you're not recording anymore. I don't have evp sessions anymore either but they will always pop in whenever I record anything anyways... this includes audio's of video's. Sometimes "they" still show up, once in a great while, in my photographs and vids too. No way to stop that from happening.

Last edited:
I'm almost afraid to say anything more about EVP because I could go on and on about it but I’ve gotten voices that would come in saying a name of someone I’ve been out of contact with for years, saying that he/she is “here”, only to then google up their names to find out that they had passed away; which was something that I didn’t know about.

I can relate to your saying that you didn't even want to mention about how "they" can use our phones, for example, because no one would believe you... and you're right, they won't believe you because it's just one of those things that one has to experience for themselves for them to believe it.

I have an EVP Control who man’s the gate but, nevertheless, sometimes the bad ones would slip through anyways. But having said this, most of the voices have been benign, if not very friendly; which is something one can expect when a deceased loved one or close friend contacts you. But there have been a friendly one or two who would start out being nice, only to turn obstreperous in some way where they I no longer welcomed them .

At any rate, the longer I would record EVP, the more questions I would have in regards to if they really were who they said they were. That I would also get various kinds of bizarre anomalous phenomena outside of my EVP sessions that I either knew affirmatively were connected to my EVP sessions or that I strongly sensed were connected to it in some way, gave clue to me that I needed to proceed in this area of activity with extreme caution. That I needed to entertain the notion that they were not really my deceased loved ones but instead were “something else” and that I needed to keep that in mind at all times.

Here's a link on an EVP experience I had back in 2010 that I posted in this forum:
http://forum.forteantimes.com/index.php?threads/scuttlers.61182/page-2

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Added Friday, May 20th. In the link above, I'm referring to the last post on that page. Forgot to add that.

Last edited:
I don't mean that your situation is "interesting" as you're clearly suffering under it. But it's interesting that it keeps reminding me of things. For example when you say "I hear them jumping out over a steady background sound like fans, air conditioners, engine noise". I'm sat here in the office and there's a lot of that sort of noise around, in fact it's the only noise as I'm on my own. And for me, it's quite soothing. I use this website a lot:
https://mynoise.net/
I can see there would be sounds on there you should almost certainly avoid (the white noise, rain / wind / fan type noises) as they might encourage your voices. But I wonder if you could benefit from listening to the more musical ones. They kind of noodle along, it's not quite like listening to music. there's some repetition but in a random sort of way. I wonder if they'd help by providing a background that wouldn't encourage the voices. For example,
http://mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/eastAsiaTonalSoundscapeGenerator.php
http://mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/gregorianChoirGenerator.php
http://mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/telecasterLicksMusicGenerator.php
Perhaps that's a completely inappropriate suggestion - perhaps it's the sort of thing that would make things even worse (I can see how many of the sounds on there might provoke it, but I'm hoping some of them might help). But I find the site really helpful to me. But that's because I find the non-attention-grabbing noises restful, whereas you might find your brain finds the voices in the sounds.
I don't know. I'm really sorry if you find this an absurd suggestion. And also if you think it's daft that I'm suggesting it might be possible to 'train yourself out of' hearing the voices. It's just that your comment that they had lessened made me think that could be so.

Last edited:
I don't mean that your situation is "interesting" as you're clearly suffering under it. But it's interesting that it keeps reminding me of things. For example when you say "I hear them jumping out over a steady background sound like fans, air conditioners, engine noise". I'm sat here in the office and there's a lot of that sort of noise around, in fact it's the only noise as I'm on my own. And for me, it's quite soothing. I use this website a lot:
https://mynoise.net/
I can see there would be sounds on there you should almost certainly avoid (the white noise, rain / wind / fan type noises) as they might encourage your voices. But I wonder if you could benefit from listening to the more musical ones. They kind of noodle along, it's not quite like listening to music. there's some repetition but in a random sort of way. I wonder if they'd help by providing a background that wouldn't encourage the voices. For example,
http://mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/eastAsiaTonalSoundscapeGenerator.php
http://mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/gregorianChoirGenerator.php
http://mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/telecasterLicksMusicGenerator.php
Perhaps that's a completely inappropriate suggestion - perhaps it's the sort of thing that would make things even worse (I can see how many of the sounds on there might provoke it, but I'm hoping some of them might help). But I find the site really helpful to me. But that's because I find the non-attention-grabbing noises restful, whereas you might find your brain finds the voices in the sounds.
I don't know. I'm really sorry if you find this an absurd suggestion. And also if you think it's daft that I'm suggesting it might be possible to 'train yourself out of' hearing the voices. It's just that your comment that they had lessened made me think that could be so.

Yes, I find such noises restful, too, and have had success using theta wave tones to control anxiety, including the ones with rain and wind sounds added. But then I'm also not inclined to hear voices in noise - the one exception being the time I was taking a certain antibiotic that had this as a side effect.

Fascinating reading these accounts.
I listened to mag-ona's audio recording from his link but interestingly I simply can't hear the words described.
I wonder if evp voices are a sort of aural simulacra, and like visual simulacra some can see a 'demon face' ( and see the same demon face) and some just don't see it at all ? But because others can see the same thing it does not mean it is a meaningful or intelligent design it is only our minds interpretation of random patterns.

It is a frightening thought though that just beyond the veil, perhaps an afterlife to where we all are headed is a realm populated with unchecked aggressive bullying spirits.

@Brian...One option would be the Cognitive Behavioral Therapeutic route where you actually focus on the type of noises and sounds that you have been talking about here. Then you talk about or write down your emotional response to what you have been hearing where you then share that information with a therapist.

You would need to create an audio recording that sounds, as close as possible, to what you have been hearing.

First add a track or two for those atmospheric noises that are in the background and from there add other tracks of things like voice chatter, choral sounds, individual voices etc. You can even insert tracks of denoised EVP recordings for that too.

In fact, a good audio to use as a base for that recording is Eckankar's "Sound of Hu". You can download it at their website for free. But once you listen to it, I'm sure you will understand why I'm suggesting it.

So once again, you would need to create your own personal sound track and then listen to it once or twice a day and jot down any thoughts that went through your mind during those listening sessions.

From there you share that information with a trained therapist who will help you to explore whatever emotions you experienced during those listening sessions in a constructive and helpful manner.

The therapist should not only be open-minded but should be a meditator and/or a practitioner in yoga or an esoteric variation of martial arts.

The object of this exercise is to FOCUS on the noise.... not ignore it.

You will understand why I just said that if you read over the link below. The article is very short. Granted, in your case, the problem is of a different nature... but please read it over to get a better understanding of this approach and how it may work for you too.

http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2012/...for-that-buzzing-in-your-ears/comment-page-4/

Last edited:
They have The Sound of Hu audio's on You Tube too. Here's the official one for that but others out there have created their own versions of it that's on You Tube too.

I'm just saying that you may be able to relate to this sound and use it as a track for your personal audio recording that I suggested in my last post.

But Mag-ona, the technique you suggest, isn't that for people to confront their fears (arachnophobes being exposed to spiders is mentioned)? But Brian isn't afraid, it seems he's confronted his situation rather well already, and that's what's contributed to improvements over the last year?

If he's got over the fear, I would wonder whether focusing in on the noises (replicating them as you suggest) is something like what triggered this whole thing in the first place, and actually could be counter productive. I know I haven't heard voices (only once, quite spontaneously) - but I've mentioned how my relative's close attention to noise / my close attention to my bodily sensations were the very things that heightened our awareness of these things and therefore created the problems. Is it not better to direct one's attention away? That's what helped both me and her. It's not really 'avoidance' to do so I think. More a redirection to other things, which can then take up the conscious mind.

Eponastill... Yes, it does sound counter-intuitive. :)

Brian....Whatever it is that's going to be focused on and analyzed by you and the therapist, will depend on whatever thoughts you jotted down while listening to your personal audio recording.

Once again, it's important to get an open-minded professional therapist in the alternative health field who is also at least a long time meditator. I was lucky to get one who trained under Ram Dass. A long time meditator will be able to relate to what you've been hearing.

But having said all of this, one has to try out different things. What works for one person, may not work for another. If something isn't working, then move on and try something else. Keep trying until you land on what works for you... and that's the long and the short of it.

This is the technique that I used and it worked for me.

There was a R4 programme about mental health a few years ago with a panel of experts and service users.

One panel member commented jokingly that he used to worry that his thoughts were being broadcast and heard by millions of people all over the world... :eek:

I was reading this at the weekend
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hallucinations-Oliver-Sacks/dp/1447208269
It's ever so interesting, it makes you realise how common hearing / seeing things that aren't supposed to be there, is. But as it's long been put in the 'mad' category (even when the people reporting them are quite well aware that the things are not real), people are less likely to report such things. Recommended!

I was reading this at the weekend
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hallucinations-Oliver-Sacks/dp/1447208269
It's ever so interesting, it makes you realise how common hearing / seeing things that aren't supposed to be there, is. But as it's long been put in the 'mad' category (even when the people reporting them are quite well aware that the things are not real), people are less likely to report such things. Recommended!
I've got a couple of his other books and they are fascinating stuff.

Evp can become an unhealthy obsession, it did with me.
During my first stint with my former club one audio clip clearly said "Andrew, be careful" My wife also heard someone call her name whist I was at work and she is a total nonbeliever.
Activity would often increase around my home shortly after an investigation.
When I asked the group founder about this he was really blasé about it but it is a very real danger.

Last edited:
Whilst I should stress that I appreciate in my fortean way that Paranormal Things might be real, when you say "activity would often increase around my home shortly after an investigation", could it not reasonably be that you had the idea of paranormal activity at the forefront of your mind, and therefore interpreted things in a different way than you might normally? (eg, things falling over/off shelves, hearing strange noises, stuff going missing/turning up again) Or, to be more even-handed, that such things were always happening (paranormal or not) and you were just more sensitive to noting them, as it was something you'd been thinking about?

Having said that i've just been reading an excellent book (the trickster and the paranormal, by George Hansen) in which he talks about it being a commonly held idea that this happens in all sorts of fortean fields (ufos, magic, seances, whatever).

Also, when you say "danger" what sort of danger do you mean? Not physically dangerous I assume? More dangerous to your mental health? or what?

Whilst I should stress that I appreciate in my fortean way that Paranormal Things might be real, when you say "activity would often increase around my home shortly after an investigation", could it not reasonably be that you had the idea of paranormal activity at the forefront of your mind, and therefore interpreted things in a different way than you might normally? (eg, things falling over/off shelves, hearing strange noises, stuff going missing/turning up again) Or, to be more even-handed, that such things were always happening (paranormal or not) and you were just more sensitive to noting them, as it was something you'd been thinking about?

Having said that i've just been reading an excellent book (the trickster and the paranormal, by George Hansen) in which he talks about it being a commonly held idea that this happens in all sorts of fortean fields (ufos, magic, seances, whatever).

Also, when you say "danger" what sort of danger do you mean? Not physically dangerous I assume? More dangerous to your mental health? or what?

I know this was for Andy, but just regarding the nature of the dangers of EVP, here's a video where EVP/Spirit Box enthusiast Moses/Scary Larry describes his experience with getting attachments and hearing the voices (what my original post described), even down to getting deceived by these EVP voices that claimed to be people they were not just like my own case

(though I heard/hear the voices both external and internal)

fortunate for him, it seemed to have ended, my situation continues into it's second year now

he starts talking about it at the 3 minute mark (on his screen)

Although I've had things thrown at me and been grabbed on numerous occasions whilst on a vigil I've never felt threatened in the physical sense whilst in my own home.
I think that the danger comes from how much relevance is put on "activity" around the house.
A few days ago my lights were playing up - whereas in the past when I was regularly involved in vigils I'd think it odd, now because I'm not involved in the paranormal I think I need an electrician.
I think if you go out looking for ghosts, you'll find them every time, if you're looking for you truth then that's a little more elusive.
I think if you get too involved it could affect your mental health without question.

...service users.

giphy.gif

I guess as far as the danger goes, a distinction can be made in some sense between investigation and what I was doing when I was recording EVP which was straight up channeling.

Going into a location, doing some EVP sessions to see if you capture anything is one thing

what I was doing was channeling these unknown entities (I hesitate to say ghost or spirits because who really knows right?)

Of course I was all new to this at the time and my dumb ass didn't realize the difference between what I was doing and the things that I was seeing done during investigations on tv, youtube, etc....

Once I started capturing EVPs, I was hooked and I made doing recording sessions an almost nightly routine for about two months because it was getting to be very easy to hear these voices as the days went by.

I had reached the level where I was one on one communicating with them...in essence I was using EVP as a means of channeling.

I always hear talk about intent and positive vibes, etc.... I can assure you, my experience communicating with these entities was nothing but benevolent in the beginning, they did not seem threatening in any way, they seemed just as fascinated and eager to communicate with me as I was with them, everything was sunshine and rainbows in the beginning essentially, so I wasn't recording with a bad attitude or anything, if anything I became mesmerized by it all, and totally felt at ease

another thing I did, was fork out some money and bought an expensive set of headphones to hear some of the fainter voices better....BIG MISTAKE, it's honing into the lower levels of the noise that I think effected my hearing the most

the more I interacted with "them", the more we were becoming in tune to hearing one another, but of course they were deceiving me the whole time

once they had locked in on my perceptions somehow, they went from being "nice" to sinister very quickly and that's when I started hearing them outside of the recordings...so they struck when it was already too late for me, quitting EVP did nothing to fix the situation at that point, so I never saw it coming.

so using EVP as channeling where you're in prolonged communication with entities (of unknown origin - no matter what they claim) is far, far riskier than setting up a recorder and seeing if you get something, but obviously that could easily lead to the other......it's all about avoiding going down the rabbit hole

also, if you get into doing EVP at this level where it's become an obsession, location doesn't matter anymore, you've essentially lit yourself up as a beacon and there's a good chance you'll get the same result no matter where you are, either because you've already begun to attune yourself to hearing them or you're being followed by a particular group of entities which is I suspect what happened to me.

I did most of my EVP recordings in my home, but I also did them in other locations, hell, a few times I even did sessions while I was driving, just left the recorder running beside me and listened when I got home just as a test, yeap...in my case I was hearing the same exact voices, so you can light yourself up to them like a beacon essentially

Last edited:
Back