• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Help! Has The Talisman Gone Bad?

akaWiintermoon said:
Hi Pietro_Mercurios, thank-you for your advice, it's apprechiated. :) Is that some kind of cleansing ritual?
What's a thaumaturge?

I did a similar but faster working, 1 night 1 day duration, the correctly chosen night apparently, to make my antique crystal ball mine using a metal bowl rock salt and boiled water and the moon plus my own incantation. To be honest I didn't really know what I was doing but was advised by a couple of very wise witches it definitely worked. The ball was found by one of my sons friends who was playing footy and found it in a field, the lad was later picked up at the age of 7 by a premiership football team, so he is blessed by some good luck. :D

akaWiintermoon said:
Thank-you Emeth and Dingo for your replies, they are very helpful, I do apprechiate it.

GadaffiDuck said:
Locus of control..................................sigh

Gadaffi, (I hope this comes out right, not long woken up but felt compelled to reply to your comment.), I have read a few pages of the other thread in this section when you argue about 'Locus of control.' I'm glad I did because had I not your comment there would seem even more sarcastic. I don't know if that's what you were aiming for? You put down nothing useful, not even explaining yourself or your objective.
I'm very glad that you feel so secure in yourself (I really am) that you don't feel the need, or desire, for any external showing of faith towards a religous/spiritual cause. We all have our own views, and/or way of coping with life in this world.
Wether I'm more on the button or you are we'll never know, unless possibly until we die! But please respect that other people do have different views from you and do have faith in those views even if you do think it's all a load of twadle. I'm not looking to argue with you at all, I respect that you don't belive in what I and other people do. Just please, if you don't feel able to constructively debate or pass comment, maybe you should dwel on how your reply comes across. Unless of course as I mentioned, sarcasm was the intent?

Well said, I think the sceptics should stay out of personal threads such as this or often the it happened to me zone, when they come in they're either calling people fools or liars without the evidence or background knowledge to do so. I get the impression sometimes they are hiding a fear or crowing about their own self perceived superiority with a snippet of information they think is profound. :?

OldTimeRadio said:
DieDieMyDarling said:
With regards to the whole 'Archangels' and bible references of 'I am the I am', etc, i've never really understood this aspect of witchcraft (if that's the correct term). The bible is quite negative towards witchcraft and spirituality outisde of the context of Jesus/Holy Spirit, etc, so surely if you believe in the angels/people/powers mentioned in the bible you would also believe magick is evil, or at the very least that you couldn't rely on the help of the Arch angels, without being Christian?

Or Jewish.

Egyptian magic and medical authors from around the time of Christ attempted to graft Jewish beliefs onto their own occult knowledge. Thus there are late medical papyri which list prayers and incantations to Jehovah right along with those to the Egyptian, Greek and Roman gods.

The Gnostics tried to do this same thing with the tenets of the infant Christian religion.

This included the creation of talismans and amulets. Some of the "Jewish" medallions must have wound up back in Jewish hands and not been entirely rejected. The same thing with their "Christian" equivalents.

So Judaeo-Christian "good luck pieces" became acceptable....or at least tolerated.

Wouldn't the same rule apply though? Surely the Jewish belief system (regardless of what a few elders might say/think) would mean that the talisman/trinket would be meaningless, without the belief in whatever deity it represented, and in the case of Christianity and Judaism, would be more likely to bring you scorn from God, than good luck, as according to the bible, Old Testament and New Testament (Jewish and Christian) doing such things is against God and will incur his wrath.

I can certainly understand more, the concept of using Celtic deities, pagan gods, etc, as they were actually part of the belief, and wouldn't be disrespectful or antaganising to the gods/deities in question.

It's just something that's always niggled me, much like people in horror films using crucifixes against vampires, saying the lords prayer against demons, etc, without actually believing in God sometimes, but mostly without really caring, ie, believing in God, but never going to church and on the contrary boozing, womanizing, gambling, being totally secular.

But what if the Vampire itself believes in the power of Crucifixes? If someone points a replica gun at me then they don't believe that they can kill me with it but I would, and so would act accordingly.

graylien said:
But what if the Vampire itself believes in the power of Crucifixes? If someone points a replica gun at me then they don't believe that they can kill me with it but I would, and so would act accordingly.
You wouldn't actually be 'shot' though, if the person with the replica gun pulled the trigger, whereas the vampires tend to melt/sizzle/suffer at sight and touch of the crucifix. :p

DieDieMyDarling said:
graylien said:
You wouldn't actually be 'shot' though, if the person with the replica gun pulled the trigger, whereas the vampires tend to melt/sizzle/suffer at sight and touch of the crucifix. :p
In popular culture, the focus of power, for the crucifix, has changed from the thing in itself: the crucifix as a symbol of the power of redemption, through the suffering and rise of Christ, which required no belief, or special pleading to work, to a focus on the strength of belief of the wielder of the crucifix. In which case the symbol no longer needs to be a crucifix, it could be a Star of David, little pieces of paper with Taoist tracts written on them (probably saying something like, 'Nothing Greater Than Heaven And Earth', which works a treat in Chinese Ghost Story {Part 1}), or some other symbol out of Buffy, provided the wielder has faith.

In Roman Polanski's 1960's comedy classic, 'Dance of the Vampires' (aka Those fearless Vampire killers'), the beliefs of the vampire itself, presumably learned whilst alive, are also important. Alfie Bass played a Jewish vampire who just laughed at crosses, although he could be stopped by a Star of David.

akaWiintermoon said:
Hi all, I came in this section to see if anyone had any knowledge of talismans?
I brought a talisman called, 'Talisman of the Seven Archangels' from http://www.circleraphael.co.uk wich I recieved on Tuesday and wore all day. I took it off that night but put it back on Wednesday and left it on 'till earlier....
Circle of Raphael talisman 'magic claim misleading'

A Cornwall-based company has been ordered to withdraw claims about the magical properties of its jewellery.
Circle of Raphael, which operates from St Austell, claims it has talismans and amulets that can protect wearers from fire and treat depression.
But the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) said such claims breached the rules of its practice code.
No-one from Circle of Raphael has been available to comment on the ruling.

The ASA said the company must remove a significant amount of the claims it makes on its website.
Its website says the company is made up of a small group of genuine "adepts" who are "recognized world leaders in the ancient art of angelic talismanic magic".

It sells a range of amulets and talismans costing from about £20 to more than £100, offering a "money back guarantee" to any customer not fully satisfied with their product.
Other benefits of the jewellery - which are unsubstantiated - include financial prosperity and angelic protection.

The ASA ruled the Circle of Raphael's website displayed "misleading, unsubstantiated and exaggerated" claims and carried unproven testimonials.
The authority was particularly concerned about one talisman, which claimed to protect its wearer from violent and aggressive people.
The adjudication said: "Readers who purchased the amulet believing that it was capable of protecting them... might then choose to put themselves in confrontational situations that they might otherwise have chosen to avoid."

The ASA also noted that there was no evidence that the Circle of Raphael comprised a group of genuine mystic adepts with "widely recognised levels of skill or training relating to their field of activity".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-15846729

This is the type of thread that normally I'd roll my eyes at and skip over, but I'm going to read it all now. When I can stop laughing. :lol:

This is the type of thread that normally I'd roll my eyes at and skip over, but I'm going to read it all now. When I can stop laughing. Laughing

A friend bought me one of those amulets cira 2002 when I was really quite unwell, a year or so later she was like "Oh, you are getting better, it must be the power of that amulet I gave you!"

I didn;t have the heart to tell her I'd chucked it in the bin shortly after she gave it me. :lol:

Hi all, I came in this section to see if anyone had any knowledge of talismans? I brought a talisman called, 'Talisman of the Seven Archangels' from http://www.circleraphael.co.uk wich I recieved on Tuesday and wore all day. I took it off that night but put it back on Wednesday and left it on 'till earlier. I got this talisman as I've been looking a lot into angels recently and thought this might get me closer to them. It does offer money wealth, all your dreams come true etc, and whilst this wasn't why I got it I couldn't help but expect something of course. I'm only human! lol The trouble is I've had nothing but bad luck, really bad luck since I got it! It's been so bad I had a panic attack earlier! I can't find a phone number for the company so have emailed them for advice. I've also taken the thing off! I just wondered in the mean time if anyone has any help or advice?

Well, if you believe in Angels, then you must also believe in God and God's Plan. Now if that is so, then your God always does what is good. Now ask yourself, what does God's love look like to a bad person? It looks like justice. Has it occurred to you that the angels are removing the evil from your life akaWiintermoon? It can be a painful process, and may end in your utter destruction to ashes and memories, but it is all ultimately for the best. Angels are very thorough in their cleansing processes, and you need to align yourself completely with the will of the Omnipotent Creator and do His bidding in all things, or suffer a tragedy of hubris. You asked for His attention, you and received it. Rejoice! Sing Hosannah in the highest!

Back